Gearscore is actually good for the game

I’d say it’s because it’s very difficult to measure skill without spending time and effort doing content. And even then, it takes a time to do so, since the more time it takes to do something the more difficult it can be said to be. It also becomes easier to brute force content as average item level increases.

How a raid organizer uses GS can be optimized to allow the maximum unknown skill-level players in who, based on their GS should be able to allow them to brute force the content, while also allowing in the known skilled players who’s gear may be sufficient.

DF looks kinda neat.

Yeah this is spot on, I think this is in essence what I’m trying to get across.

1 Like

ah i see the insane GS requirements are starting super early into the raid tiers

1 Like

Long raids usually means lots of wipes, not slow dps on the trash, and no one wants to be part of a 4 hour wipefest.

Doesnt work that well. Some classes right now bis is a blue trinket and a 10 man weapon Logs are just better to see how well they play.

I mean he’s part of the push for RDF… we want progress and the game to be the best it can be, only the villainess classic andys are opposed… rather heroic if you ask me.

If it’s a four hour wipefest it has nothing to do with gear. The first Naxx clear in classic was done with people wearing SW gear and some quest blues. They didn’t wipe to enrage timers. Knowing the mechanics goes a lot further than gear score. It’s Naxx, guys. People need to check their misguided anxiety.

but what content do you enjoy doing presently?

1 Like

Raidlogging is good content, gives me time to play other games.

so you need full heoric gear to do heorics…what?

2 Likes

Posting in Garmuck thread. Garmuck, how long until you’re free to post on Lemonfont?

2 Likes

Clear it faster, i’d rather a Heroic geared player at minimum than non heroic.

that defeats the whole purpose of heorics which is to gear for raids.

2 Likes

I mean i’m sure there’s still groups who will take lower GS, mine is designed to farm badges and finish content quick.

I would actually take you seriously if you didnt always come off as if you got 100% your topic info from outdated YT vids and reworded them for the WoW forums.

You are exactly the type of forum poster Vaulty would be if he didnt have a Youtube channel.

3 Likes

You point out exactly why someone wouldn’t know the content, despite being 4k GS. Buying all your gear doesn’t show you’ve developed your character, knowledge of your class, or understanding of the content. It just shows you like purples and wasting money, at minimum.

1 Like

Gear can be used to brute force through content, playing classes in Wrath is luckily not like rocket science so GS will always be preferred.

Oh, ffs. Can you all stop feeding this troll?

2 Likes

So you state how GS is good, but then use the BEST argument for it being trash in your own example. Your knowingly using WORSE players because their GS is higher. IDC if my mediocre player sometimes beats my 3k GS excellent player… who NEVER dies to mechanics. Has better utility. Is just BETTER at everything except ohh gee they don’t have bis gear. GS is just a horrid measurement of character power.

This reminds me of a thread from back in the day. A healer was complaining that a hunter ninja’ed a neck piece that dropped in a 25 man. when he ask why he stole the neck piece the hunter replied that he took it because it had a better gear score. then the guy inspected his gear. it was a complete mishmash of cloth leather and mail all with a mix of every stat under the sun!

Believe it or not this was a not too uncommon problem back in OG WOTLK. people would make gear score their one and only defining metric for rolling on gear in an attempt to trick the gear score addon that we had back then. The sad thing was that it actually worked! they would get invited to pugs over some one with proper stat distribution every time and proceed to be dead last on DPS and drag the whole raid down if there was one too many of these idiots in the group.

5 Likes