Gearscore is actually good for the game

hahaha indeed , he is the hero we never asked for

4 Likes

But that’s the thing, no class in Wrath is hard to play. Even if they didn’t know their class someone who got that high GS can easily google a 3 button rotation and do insane numbers.

Will he parse well? Maybe not, I’m sure the lower GS guy will but when it comes to pugs it’s a lot safer to go with GS because gear ultimately determines power over individual skill especially in PvE where the restive skill cap of classes is very low.

1 Like

I’ve had enough of this tool on the forums. I’m out, thanks Blizz for not dealing with it and I’m sure more than just myself, lose out on a forum we used to enjoy.

Fricken trolls…

3 Likes

Funny how you mention GS is good for the game and then says heroics is 3.5k minimum, 3.5k is like preraid bis or close to that. Realistically, it should be about 2.5k minimum for heroics.

You think you do, but you don’t.

7 Likes

Buddy it’s not that serious, toss me on ignore and move on lol.

I don’t want people who are under 3.5k because it means they haven’t done any Heroic content yet, 2.5k is far too low and means they won’t contribute much to my group.

1 Like

While I don’t dislike garmuck, I’m glad to see another daily garmuck thread and will use it to talk about how bad new world is.

So how about that greatsword? Pretty braindead right? And they just added hitsnare to the game out of a whim to try and balance dex and light armor builds. Rip mages once again LOL

AGS just loves randomly dumping garbage mechanics into the game even when on the ptr it’s terrible so they can have us players test it and complain (then ban us when we call it trash) instead of their minecraft dev team not being so low iq.

:thinking:

1 Like

100 point difference in GS is meaningless lol.

thats true but it comes down to my second point.

Having high GS people for a smoother and easier run is nice but its not always the case that it would guarantee a smoother and easier run because it has to come down to the skill of the players you are bringing, I have been in this situation before where I thought that having a higher ilvl/GS means that they are a good player but I’m wrong most of the time, with people making simple mistakes, doing bare minimum etc.

If I wanted a fast, smooth and easy run of Naxxramas, I would rather bring a 3,750 Gearscore Death Knight that pumps well according to the logs over a 4k gearscore Death knight that does the bare minimum.

In some situations its Player skill > gearscore/ilvl.

Yes and no. I’m going to agree for the sack of disagreeing.

This is true, I guess i’m more so speaking from a random weekly pug perspective. I think logs will always be the ultimate way to determine spots but GS is just easy to invite at a glance.

1 Like

There is more Garmuck threads than there is gold farmers and bots in the game

2 Likes

Saw the title and knew this was a Garmuck post. At this point I can’t tell if he’s trying to rustle jimmies or if he’s a Blizzard employee

1 Like

This is an interesting perspective: The idea that the skill bar is so low, that the gear takes on a higher weighting when doing relative suitability analysis.

1 Like

You have entered clown city if gear score matters to you with how easy content is to flatten

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t I want the most optimal group? Even if it’s easy I want to do it fast.

Agreed, but homeboy here said he “doesn’t invite anyone under 4k”.

last time GS wasnt rampant until tier 9. we went extra hard this time around.

1 Like

People talk about doing content “fast” like it’s something to be done and over with. I want to clean my toilet as fast as possible because it’s something I don’t particularly enjoy. Running Naxx for an extra 5 or even 20 minutes isn’t going to ruin my day because I actually enjoy being in raid.

What is up with doing everything as fast as possible? The bosses are going down aren’t they? It’s Naxx, of course they are.

8 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone but I personally like to complete the content faster so I can get done with it due to how easy the content is, part of me doesn’t really find it challenging and more so tedious so having people that know their role as well having the gear just ends up making things smoother.

There’s def pugs that don’t care about GS though, they are a bit rare to find but they do exist.

so what content do you enjoy doing?

3 Likes