Gear shouldnt matter in pvp

Not from my experience . I’ve played with more chill ppl in rbgs then arena . Nothing but toxic ppl in arena for me .

2 Likes

You must have been on a good team because mythic gear doesn’t have versatility, regular honor gear is better for PvP than mythic gear.

1 Like

i have not called you any such of things lol pls quote where i said this

1 Like

Are you trolling lol?

1 Like

It honestly feels pretty manageable once you’re full conquest and actually queuing ranked.

It’s getting to that point that’s rough.

1 Like

The difference between base conquest gear and duelist is 26 ilvls this is basically 2 full tiers of gear

Also the bigger issue is the insane amount of honor it takes to upgrade gear right now. Once it’s done it’s done but it’s just painful grinding that much honor.

3 Likes

Yeah, but 233 is overkill for 1400, which brings it down to 13 item levels from 1400 to 2100

Agreed.

You are being nothing but disingenuous.

2 Likes

What percentage of the PVP player base is this?

3 Likes

OP, go play Streetfighter.

Nah that trash honor gear is not better then full 252 pve gear. And you dont need to be on a “good team” to run healers down and just pve them down all the way to 1800. Cause thats all we did, just running healers down till the 1800 bracket isnt hard. Also you can get a full set of Vers gear from mythic’s, so thats a lie.

Dunno. I see a lot of people in random battlegrounds with fully upgraded honor gear, or unranked conquest, though.

Bring back spec templates and crop every spec down to 6 abilities or less (pvp abilities could have their own little action bar.)

Seriously pvp should not be this drawn out or convoluted, Blizzard literally has League or Smite and such to pull from. I like Heroes of the Storm, but they should’ve taken the work they did with that and put it into WoW.

Soft templating in the forms of more accessible gear for all might be good.

This wouldn’t be.

Curiously enough Hots failed because you couldn’t get massively overpowered and run around 2-hitting people like you can in the popular mobas. WoW also sort of failed in this regard by gating power behind rating rather than performance in that particular match.

Big yikes, we need more options if anything.
Deeper builds, more possibilities.
Less pruning, but hey those controllers are coming.

1 Like

Guess you didn’t play Zaretul when it first came out, HoTs didn’t fail, it just couldn’t topple League (which is trash in its own right but still a better time than Bfa and Shadowlands pvp) Pvp in WoW is convoluted and unenjoyable, and the same people who have want to keep 40 buttons are keeping it a disregarded portion of the game.

Seriously, you guys are so mired in the effort it took to learn this system that you give up any hope of it ever getting better.

6 buttons or less per spec is a million times easier to work on as a developer or learn as a player than what we have now. And that’s just on the scale of 2s and 3s.

He was always a fun smurf pick.

I think that it fell flat because what makes other mobas popular is the ability to get fed and “solo carry” games, even if that feels bad for people on the receiving end, because every game people have a chance to get a fed kills, which turns into more kills and suddenly they’re huge.

Also in terms of approachability they’re adding solo queue so the only other BIG thing is to reduce systems and general grinds at endgame, like pvp gear.

We’re close to being in a decent spot, I think.

We can hope.

PvP is going to be even more terrible in 9.2 with tier sets and double leggos, because there is zero balance.

• Item level gap
  • Conduits gap
  • Balance between double legendaries
  • Balance between tier sets
3 Likes

New systems, more power not a shimmer of balance in sight.
We might need a cornfield Battleground simulator to run through naked at this point. :rofl:

1 Like