Gear shouldnt matter in pvp

the whole point of gearing to to grow more powerful, thats why people play this game, if you take that away then whats the point of even trying to get gear?

1 Like

“Skill should matter not gear” but that argument is such trash cause if you have the skill then you can get the gear quite easy, or at least to 1800. I would know cause im an 1800 andy and thats good enough for me. Just get 1800 and call it a season lol, and thats close enough to 2400 ilvl gear. like 6ilvl diff total or somthing

I have 0 issues pugging on alliance for low cr/mmr rated pvp.

It actually is pretty easy to hit 1600, farm epic bgs for honor and then do whatever you want.

2 Likes

WOD gearing would be a happy medium, arena bro’s forum also seem quite unhappy with the current gearing system.
More people than ever are playing lower lvl bracket pvp while avoiding max level, you suspect the current state of affairs isn’t in a healthy condition.

3 Likes

When people say that they hate ilev disparities and that PvP should be about skill but are happy with twinking ilev disparities because those item level advantages are accessible to them lmao

1 Like

it still doesnt mean that the gear gap is indeed there and you have to go thru a bunch of bs to even get there in the first place . Did you even watch his video ?

1 Like

good for you zzzzzz

2 Likes

Yes, that does describe the human condition, where the abused will become abusers if given the chance but it doesn’t really detract from the discussion, more are moving away from max level pvp, if not outright taking a break from the game entirely.
Venruki made a decent video, how its not just ilvl disparity but conduits, legendaries and so on, that added is too much.

4 Likes

When I do PVP, it’s really just to PVP. Having to get gear is a chore that I endure in order to PVP.

Then why have the gear in the first place? Venruki proved it’s possible to get to 2k in 2s abusing comps and being a high tier glad player. Not everyone is at that level, most people aren’t. That just proves that if you’re a high tier player in that bracket, you don’t need the gear to style on people who are at your gear level anyway. So why have the gear gap in the first place when the skill gap already exists? The gear gap just makes it more annoying if you play an alt or whatever. Remember when they said this would be an alt friendly expac? Having to lose a bunch to grind low cr to grind conq for the pieces then grind honor is completely antithetical to good game design.

Imagine if you played any other game and it started out as an awful chore and everybody said “don’t worry bro it gets better in two weeks”. You’d stop playing that game, and that’s why most people have stopped playing WoW. Because you have to jump through too many hoops and people just leave. Stop using “well it’s an MMO they’ve always been that” like it’s an excuse. It’s a good thing we don’t use the old degenerate honor grind system from classic anymore, things changed from then and they can change now too.

4 Likes

80 renown is 200 conduits

Running around Korthia clicking mushrooms is 213-226 conduits

5-6 layer 12s

Or just mail Ash over from an alt because a 190-235 one is fine

The last time this was true was probably MoP. before you had systems or garrisons to mess with. Dont know why anyone believes what blizzard tells us. Just wait for alpha/beta gameplay and decide your self if its what they say or not. Back in those days it was just rep/gear farm then send it

4 Likes

You’re the one that started this conversation. Don’t get salty when it backfires on you.

No semantics happening. Just the mental gymnastics in your head.

You are the worst for negativity trolling. Only Lastarria could come a close second.

3 Likes

lol i dont troll , not sorry my opinions differ

1 Like

This is really the biggest issue.
Very few players I meet in the world are interested in high level pvp. Especially if you say, “hey, we could learn the ropes together,”. Usually, if I even mention pvp/arena they change the subject. Most just want to do pve stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I had a funny queue session with a complete newbie the other day and it was kind of fun seeing him spitball a strategy before and after each game when most people usually just make some snarky comment and leave.

The best bit is that he didn’t get discouraged after a loss, it was like “dang i had a button i could’ve pressed my bad lololo”

1 Like

He was lucky to be playing with a nice person. Most people, after a loss just curse you out before leaving which is a big reason a lot of new people don’t want to deal with Arena.

2 Likes

It really is quite unfortunate. There’s usually quite a bit of uncertainty as to where things went wrong, which can lead to confusion, misunderstandings, finger-pointing, etc.

this is why arena isnt worth my time , at least in rbgs ppl kind of try to be chill about it in arenas ppl are toxic . I still rather get yelled at in a rbg vs an arena .

2 Likes

Other way around, buddy.

1 Like