Gear shouldnt matter in pvp

And, unsurprisingly, with horribly thought-out opinions.

1 Like

You’d think the devs would have listened by now.

Threads about PvP gear from 9.0 PTR are still relevant today.

2 Likes

Also unsurprisingly, we find you insulting people’s intelligence, trying to look smart.

3 Likes

In Rated, gear should matter. In non rated, we should have template mode.

I would love to test out alts without being one-shot.

2 Likes

I could understand 1 MAYBE 2 pieces for the top 1%. I just can’t justify 12-13 slots of inequality.

I would love to play against Carl Magnuson in chess and feel completely honored to get annihilated into oblivion - It just wouldn’t have the same ring or feel if the Chess Grandmaster dictated that he gets to replace all his pawns with queens in a FRESH match simply because he’s a world champion…that’s an advantage; not skill. (even though the outcome is 99.9999 repeating % that he is going to win).

No one knows where the .0000000001% went because it’s not with me; I have 0% chance of winning against him.

This man has never faced a 4 item fed mid laner by like 15min in league haha

Maybe Rated having it’s own actual gear set would work, much like tournament mode.
Which only works in Rated settings.
Have a separate team which can adjust what needs to done in regards to rated play/gearing.
Allow the masses/majority to use other options found in world + unrated battlegrounds.
Population/Access is always more important in larger numbers.

2 Likes

I didn’t insult anything. I said the opinions are horribly thought-out.
Don’t worry, I understand if you can’t comprehend the distinction.

Don’t need to try. It happens naturally.

I should have added that you would start doing exactly this! Hahaha I knew it.

trying to win petty arguments over semantics is your MO. Along with being disrespectful that is.

GL with that.

2 Likes

Gear should matter in pvp. Everyone just needs to get 1800 and the gear from there to 2400 is like a 6ilvl diff over all. And i know people will say “how am i supposed to get 1800 if i cant get gear”. Go do your self a favor and do some M+ for a week and not waste time getting worthless BG set that takes like 3 weeks of farming to get to like ilvl230 lol. I got to 1800 in probably two nights with 1% vers and just a single pvp trinket. Full “pve” gear. Because if it really is just gear holding you back and not your own skill. then 1800 is ez

Of course, gear should matter, but people shouldn’t have to do rated to enjoy random bgs.

4 Likes

What percentage of the PVP player base would this be?

3 Likes

Pretty sure that is a small percentage of an already small subgroup of players…

3 Likes

This doesn’t even make sense, though, because you get three tiers of upgrades by 1400 CR
You’re within 13 item levels of Bis with only 1400 rating which is basically free
The hard part is grinding the honor for the mid-high tier upgrades

It’s just so whack browsing PvP forums and seeing people whinge for months

Yeah, it really doesn’t take too much

It is not just a forum thing though is it.

2 Likes

how much is blizz paying you LOL ??? I mean even a MULTPLE r1 glad made a thread about how bad the gear gap is even VENRUKI made a video addressing how bad it is so like LOL . I mean yea you are horde so ofc your going to be stomping on alliance no matter what , like cringe that you would even brag about it . Thats equal to bragging about ganking level 20s in stv . lul

3 Likes

yea no thnx im good i dont need to do mythic + to get to 1800 i never did . You got to 1800 in 2 nights because people carried you thru it because i find it hard to believe you live long enough at 1% verse vs fully geared players . Horde had endless supply of people at all times doing rbgs , where as alliance you have to be on a certain time of the day and have the patience to wait for the groups to form . No not everyone likes arena i will not do it idc . But to think it just happens so easily is hilarious . Esp in the state the game is in rn with everyone already deleting you .

I mean Venruki already covered this in a video of all the bs you have to do to even get semi decent gear . So for you to sit there and act like its so easy is hilarious .

3 Likes

It’s true, though. The only hard part is finding a partner and grinding the points to upgrade the gear.

No Carry. Both me and my friend were full PvE gear with like 2% and 6% vers. We just ran at teams as double dps and PvE rotation them down till 1800 its ez with the gear lol

Mean while you got all these big pvp’ers including Venruki him self hitting 2k with fresh boosted toons in LFG with randoms with like 220 ilvl pvp gear.