Gear shouldnt matter in pvp

They literally do. They are a percentage of the ladder, how is that not participation in a season?

1 Like

Percentage with rating! Some seasons glad was 2400/2600. Some r1 was 2900. It is off rating. If cutoff is low could be the rating is low. Doesn’t reflect participation.

Also game itself loses subs. Maybe 40% did pvp. Now you can be at 65% of active players pvp. That is an increase in participation with active players.

Can’t compare participation say from WotLK and SL. You need the full picture. Number of players and the percent who played certain game play.

Again show me PAST seasons compares to this. Your link just shows current season. That doesn’t show anything.

Then you need active players to compare participation.

You look at the ladder and count the spots to the cutoff, then multiply to find the total ladder participation. How does someone that supposedly got glad (0-2752 in one day, with no prior experience) in s15 on his druid not know that?

Nobody has the number of active players overall, including you, so you can’t say participation is high or even normal. There are around 150k people on the 3s ladder right now, that is indeed extremely low for a season this long and is only higher than some 11 week Legion seasons.

It has archives back to WoD s1. Not really hard to click “historical data” and look.

3 Likes

Only WoD has R1 numbers given out. So again where are you getting your numbers from. How are you saying participation is lower without the numbers?

You are just throwing random things out without knowing what you are talking about.

Then how can you saw it is low…… :joy:

Welcome to math! Where your feelings and opinions on the matter don’t mean anything!

So I’ll just wait for you to do research and actually find numbers not a blind link not knowing what it shows.

Enjoy your day while you find your “proof”

Every single Legion season has the cutoffs listed. Do you really not understand how they work? Like I said, this is basic stuff for anyone that got a percentage based title in the past.

By comparing it to previous seasons. In all of these posts you’ve never explained why you think participation is anywhere near normal btw, what metric are you using to determine that? You don’t seem to understand how r1 cutoffs can translate to participation numbers (which is so bizarre for someone who supposedly got glad) so what about this season is indicative of high or even normal participation to you? Very interested to hear it.

3 Likes

There’s a reason trolls hide behind Classic alts.

1 Like

Bless you for taking over bluster. You have earned the green today. I just couldn’t explain it anymore clearly apparently :rofl:

1 Like

Bro here let me break it out for you. The link you provided has three wide seasons with listed amount of rank one titles that went out.

Nothing else does pass that. So what are you using number wise to show participation? Every other Season listed does not have the amount that went out. Again apparently you don’t even know what you were linking.

Again no you’re not because the amount of rank one sent out is not listed so you’re not telling the truth.

I think I have a better idea than you. The cut off does not matter. If you have a inflated season the cut off is going to be higher and you can have lower participation. The cut off number doesn’t mean anything. The amount of titles that go out is what matters. Cutoff and titles that go out are not the same thing.

So what you were trying to say is if cut off for rank one is 2900 Which would be higher than some seasons it has more participation. But if only 180 titles go out that means the participation was lower.

CR does not equal participation on any ladder. If you do not understand that that is your problem it’s very common sense.

I am using what the company who has more accurate information than you do has said. They said during season one it was the highest participation they had in years. And you are trying to say they are wrong and lying just because you feel that way. You have not provided one thing that has showed participation is down. We all already know blizzard said participation is up.

Other sad people in the world are going to side with you because big brother is just going to lie because their corporate entity. But when it comes to facts and numbers, those speak volumes to a random person on forms who can’t even be bothered to check the link that they posted for accuracy.

And even using WOD it’s going to have other issues. Because you had over 100,000 bans go out just on one wave. Not seeing 100,000 of those were due to PVP but those are not gonna be counted in the participation because the accounts aren’t active.

But that actually just helps your argument. Because if 300 rank one titles went out for season one of SL which we don’t know because it’s not posted on your site that means participation would’ve been up.

But honestly it is just the simple. If the company says participation is up they are right you are wrong. They have more data than you have.

If you want I can give you their Twitter and you can write them telling how they are wrong and show them your awesome math skills and your link that doesn’t help with your case at all.

Actually he hasn’t explained anything. He doesn’t apparently know how inflation changes title cut offs and the CR of a title cut off does not represent how many people participated in a season. And then trying to personally attack when he doesn’t even know anything about my account history I don’t even know why he has a green.

You have the cutoff, you have the ladder for most of the seasons… does it really need to be spelled out to you? You can count the spots on your own and multiply to get the total participation, you don’t need them to do it for you. Which is the same way you can see the current participation, with around 100~ spots for Horde and 50 spots for alliance which translates to around 150k participation on the ladder. I don’t know how you don’t understand this if you got a percentage based title before.

I’m like 99% sure you posted on the BG forums on a warrior called Slaughtrhous months ago. Their check-pvp has a character with the same name as your classic alt here and you post the same way and in defense of PvP in SL. It’s tied to a druid that went from 0-2700 in one single day with 0 prior experience to get glad in s15 and a shaman that did 1500-2400 in a single day and then somehow didn’t get a title in Cata. You also got 2400 in Legion s1 and didn’t get a title somehow? Stating that your characters did those things isn’t really an attack, but it’s weird that you supposedly have this experience but don’t know how to translate cutoffs to participation.

5 Likes

No man you don’t understand how percentages work :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: inflation is irrelevant and does not affect the % of people getting r1. It only affects the rating number. The number of people is completely dissociated from the number they get.

Holy.

1 Like

Busted!!!

Would you like to share this with us.

Can only imagine the “shaking hand syndrome” at the moment from our “git gud” feller here :slight_smile:

The projections are insane since most folks here are simply stating that gearing isn’t cool not that they want “free stuff” lol…

Oh well I guess some will go out of their to project their gearvantage haha.

Then go do a dawg. You are the one who sang participation is down when blizzard he said it is up. I am sitting on the company saying participation is up you were sitting on nothing saying it is down. I don’t have anything to prove because I’m using a source which has more data than you.

Again it’s amazing how you know everything about my account. Because I have three emails associated with World of Warcraft. One account has five separate accounts on it.

The fact that you’re digging that hard shows I’m living rent free in your head. You are digging hard on stuff that doesn’t even matter and you know nothing about because you know you don’t have anything to stand on. Just like basic retards on forums. Someone doesn’t agree with you the first thing you do is try to look up achievements and statistics and make a defense on something that has no bearing on the conversation.

But with all my actual wow account that I have had which is nine I’m glad you can see my full history.

And again I still have no idea how are you think a CR cut off relates to participation. This just shows you don’t know anything about MMR inflation and how a new season starts and the MMR is not reset so people can play the same amount of games and end up with a higher CR.

But for some reason you think if it has a higher CR for rank one That just means there’s more participation which is just stupid.

So again what is your proof that participation is down even though the company has said it is up? It’s a very simple question that you have not been able to answer you’re just rambling like a child trying to cause drama on the Internet for what reason?

Now why don’t you try growing up. It’s a linear conversation. Blizzard says participation is up you are saying it is down. Where are you getting your data that supports what you are saying that contradicts the company who runs the game is saying.

Who wrote the book of love? :rofl:

1 Like

My comments have nothing to do with what the actual CR of r1 is, you look at the cutoff so you can see how many r1 spots there are. You count the spots up to the cutoff and then, having the number of r1 spots, can extrapolate the total participation on the ladder because r1 is 0.1% of the ladder. How have you not understood this this entire time?

I want to be clear here, they said participation was up last season and it was. There were like 400k people on the ladder in SL s1, that was very high and nobody is disputing it. It was also probably entirely because the gear was good in PvE. This season there are only 150k on the ladder (count the spots with the cutoffs we have, 50 alliance spots and 100 horde spots) which means that participation has plummeted. Blizzard hasn’t commented on participation in s2, so maybe we are just getting confused here and talking about different things? s1 was obviously very big, but this season has seen a massive drop off in 3s and RBGs.

2 Likes

Bro are you even reading because that is what I’ve already been saying. You just literally agreed to what I have said twice. I said the only thing that matters is the rank one titles that go out. The link does not support anything that he is saying because it doesn’t have the number listed of rank one titles that went out.

If you go back and actually read he states the cut off which is the CR. He then says also the amount of rank one going out.

Hi agreed with that because that’s a percentage. So what on earth are you even commenting on because you just wrote trying to insult me but yet what you just wrote was you agreeing with what I said…… this is why forums are just so stupid. Because someone has a different opinion than you everything they say is wrong even though what you were writing you’re just agreeing with me.

30 + 70 = 100.

Bro just stop. Go up and read exactly what you wrote. Flat out that is not even close to what you were saying.