Gear shouldnt matter in pvp

As we all know, 9.1 fixed literally everything and there are no issues in PVP at the moment whatsoever.

It might actually be the simple fact that players do not want to do something that they don’t like to do.
The one shots happen, not just for under geared players.
“Boom Headshot” meta may not be for everyone, why have so many dedicated players thrown in the towel? I won’t be one to hop on RL stuff, but I feel that human energy is at an all time low due to our current pandemic events too.
This could be a reason for lots of players moving on from high pressure games, high pressure systems etc. Timing was off, it’s hard to know.

9.1.5 addressed a lot of the gearing issues. Spec balance is also in a reasonable spot, with a few outliers.

People geared up in Warlords despite hating it so much that Blizzard tried to remove gearing in Legion to appease them. 1000, 1200 and 1400 rating is quite accessible, which is why it’s curious as to why so few people try to achieve it. All you need is another like-minded person to sit down with for a little bit.

It feels sort of like the complaints about raider.io where people are upset that nobody will invite them to their key that they don’t have enough experience for, yet will also not invite inexperienced players to their key.

1 Like

lol, lmao even.

because they don’t want to.

I can reach 1600 just fine. I don’t, because I don’t want to. I just want to queue up for random BGs. I don’t like arena, I don’t like ranked battlegrounds. Gearing isn’t pleasurable to me. Just the act of PVPing is fun; I find just random battlegrounds fun. But I can’t just do random battlegrounds at max level. That’s not allowed. First I have to do content I don’t want to do in order to do the content I want to do. So I’ve opted to just play in a bracket where I’m allowed to do just random battlegrounds and that’s it. I don’t have to worry about any of the extraneous systems, or the gear bloat. I just queue up, and have fun.

4 Likes

this is the way

2 Likes

Instead of making the content fun, they make it a requirement to get to the fun and then claim the content is successful due to how many people are participating.

People just want the old system back where rating was an incentive that expedited the gearing process and not a requirement.

2 Likes

The forums is just a place for people that largely hate the game to hang out. What a pathetic usage of time. If I hated this game as much as you guys I would find something else to do with my time.

Lol what the heck. This has got to be the biggest missing the point I’ve ever seen… That or the biggest dodge. I should call you neo for dodging the point of the post so well. Are you a politician by chance? :rofl:

I mean we all remember better times and are trying advocate for decent changes. In the mean time we play other stuff that’s still fun while PvP remains dead af :roll_eyes: by all means though, keep pushing the awesomeness that is SL PvP gearing lol

Then you are playing the wrong type of game…. That is the point of a mmorpg

Then why are you complaining if you found what you are looking for? Play the game have fun….

You don’t want to play the game at max level because it has other content then stay below and don’t complain.

You hate gear progression you are playing the wrong game it’s simple.

1 Like

If pvp is dead why does it have higher participation then prior xpacs?

Better times? You do know every single expansion these forums are full of people crying about gear.

Even WoD you had the casual people crying on forums. Arena/RBG players for gear faster. So was unfair to the casual who were getting farmed.

Legion with templates people complained about health pools and people have 3-5% more of a stat then them. That is why they would lose.

People who do nothing but run BGs complain more than anyone. They want the whole game changed around them because they are lazy/entitled.

At some point people need to realize the game has its own design by developers. It is their game not yours. You like it you play it. You don’t then don’t play it.

Maybe I should write Bethesda and tell them they screwed up with fallout 4. We should start with best armor and weapons. When I get home I just want to turn on the game and destroy things.

No it isn’t the point of the game. Don’t like it don’t play it is that simple. The company’s don’t owe you anything. It’s their vision not yours.

They are doing something right. Participation is higher, game is making money and not off tokens like people on forums want to make up thinking people are spending $600 on tokens for carries.

1 Like

It isn’t. There’s a lot of different ways you can cover character progression. Furthermore, it’s antithetical to good PVP design. So even if you want it to be there for PVE progression, doesn’t mean it should be there for PVP progression.

No. I’m using the forum for its intended purpose. Maybe if you don’t like reading my complaints, don’t read them.

My stance is very reasonable. If arena and RBG players want to keep gear progression, that’s fine, they can keep it there. But allow for a casual PVP option like random BGs to have gear scaled to the same ilvl. That simple. The only people against this want to oneshot people who have less gear than them. And being okay with that is a symptom of wow brain rot.

2 Likes

I don’t know any MMORPG where character progression of gear doesn’t exist. You cannot talk about pvp design unless you have designed a game. Legion had NO progession that mattered and pvp saw a drop in participation. After grinding the honor and getting toys/mounts was no reason.

They are going to look at numbers because that is the only place truth can be found. Not forum traffic. I didn’t PvP in legion that much and all I did from late WotLK-WoD was pvp. I did more PvE in legion because progression existed. Even the guild I was in was a pvp guild in MoP and WoD. Majority of the players in the guild didn’t like it and focused on other things.

Games like WoW people like for getting new gear and progressing. You can’t “progress” in skill if people only run reg BGs. You can see that in the game right now. So many players don’t use interrupts, don’t CC, don’t dispel, don’t use CDs. Should say they do use them but barely. 15 min game and people having 6 interrupts, 10 CCs, 20 dispels as a priest. People have been playing for years and only pvp and still don’t understand concepts of what their class/role is for BGs.

People want to gear up, it is the way the game has been since vanilla and it has worked every single expansion. The only thing that is terrible is the honor grind but it gives people reasons to go into regular BGs. If they took away the honor grind, you would have less people doing regular BGs. Then have people complaining about queue times. People are crying at 5 min queues already.

Or if you don’t like the game then don’t play it… Again they did gear scaling and it wasn’t popular and majority of the players didn’t like it. You also still had people coming to forums saying they were being farmed by mythic raiders.

People just don’t want to admit they are being outplayed. I even posted a screenshot back then in a BG being fully geared and removing 4 pieces of gear to drop the ilvl for scaling. Health dropped but it wasn’t SO bad. Stats like haste/crit dropped but it really wouldn’t of been noticeable via damage. It was that low.

You can say people who are against it want to “one shot” people. Or they like gearing. Just like how I can say people who want everything scaled to the same ilvl are just lazy and don’t want to do any content. They just want things handed to them. Which means you are missing tons of other parts of the game. You don’t like that content, this game isn’t for you.

Just because the game isn’t for you doesn’t mean it is an insult. Millions of people don’t play games because it is not for them. I see WoW more as a time investment. People don’t’ want to walk away from investing so much time into the game.

If you enjoy battlegrounds so much then good! Learn to do some other content like arena and rated bgs. Yes they are harder. You can easily get to 1400-1600 during an inflated season to upgrade your gear.

Not every single person who focuses on raiding enjoys dailies, covenant grinds, rep grinds and mythic +. They do it to help progress character so they can do better. Which is what you have in pvp.

The premier PVP area (ranked 3v3) is at an all time record low in regards to participation.
Dedicated RBG players are asking for lower matchmaking settings to make up for 1-2 hour waits in queue.
Gear/System PVP disparity is at its highest difference in power.
Casuals and High Tier players are asking for positive changes to a poorly implemented system.

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

What participation are you talking about here?
The 20k who were leaving daily this past year?

4 Likes

The start and mid season of both .0 and .1 had a very good participation compared to others interations, in fact .0 had the largest participation in years.
Thing is SL .0 and .1 also have a much longer seasons going on when compared to others, inevitably as any season drags means less people playing at the end of it.

You’re on something. They tweeted about season one where all the pvers were doing PvP for all of a month to PvE. The number of r1 which is % based is waaaayyyyy down lol … Ironically the tweet was comparing one month of season one to BFA… Not actual PvP expansions :roll_eyes: I assure you it’s dead af compared to mop.

I played wod. This really wasn’t a thing :roll_eyes: you had complaints about rng ashran stuff (which yet again ironically they doubled down on and made worse). That and bots. About it.

Again you’re making stuff up :roll_eyes: go read venrukis post. It clearly states that PvP rewards felt like Garbo. The guy doesn’t care about losing lol… He also points out that is the first season that rated PvP participation takes a huge hit. I wonder why lol… Has to do with losing I’m sure :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Uhhhh no… They have less maus than the deadest of wod days. Nice try though?

100% Gota love store mounts and tokens. Real healthy game design lol

Sadly it probably isn’t. Hence all the big devs leaving. It’s the investors are loving it though. Gota love big corps that milk ya eh?

Lol keep pushing that sick design and pop fallacy though :rofl:

2 Likes

Link where you got this from

Lower matchmaking doesn’t fix queue times and people waiting. I have never waited even near that long on 3 different toons.

What does this have to do with participation?

High tier want lower honor grind. Casuals want the gear to be easily attained and be at same level as top players. Nothing to do with participation.

Not even close

Can you show where participation is low? Or is this you just typing saying it is low?

It was at the end of the season. They were not talking about a month. Where are you getting that from? Are you on something?

The percent of R1 will go down with less people playing the game. But the per capita of players playing pvp can be going up which is increase in participation. By your logic then participation has been down since WotLK when they had over 10mil subs just in US which was peak of the game.

This was 100% a thing lol. Higher rating higher your conquest cap. Higher players got rated gear faster. Yes lots of people complained about it. You can say it wasn’t a thing, there were tons of arguments on forums about it daily.

What does your comment have to do with what I said?

“Legion with templates people complained about health pools and people have 3-5% more of a stat then them. That is why they would lose.”

This was a thing. What does your comment have to do with what you are quoting?

Again, where are you getting this from? Or just making it up and want people to believe you.

Do you not understand how jobs work? People get better offers. People want to do something different. Like actors when they leave a show. Show is doing good they just want to do something different. Again what point were you even trying to make?

You seem to really hate the game and just an angry person. Maybe you need to step away from the game and go enjoy life if it is possible.

Anyone who played the season ripped their thread because they knew the participation died after the pvers had access to their PvE gear. In a similar vein, pvers don’t need gear anymore, where’s the tweets? Lol participation died as soon as pvers didn’t feel forced to PvP anymore :roll_eyes:

Absolutely it has. Players will always leave. Plus a giant barrier of entry so there’s never any new players means one dead game. The bigger point to PvP is that the % of the pop PvP was in mop/wod was equivalent to PvE. Then rating locked gear in legion and PvP participation dropped way bigger than it ever had before and is subsequently also a smaller portion of the population than ever before.

People didn’t complain about it because everyone still ended up at max and the catch up was awesome. I’ve never seen less complaining about gear than I did in wod. It was easily the best PvP gearing system we’ve ever had.

Because your comment is wrong yet again. Venruki and everyone in the giant mega thread weren’t complaining about losing because of gear like you’re saying. They’re complaining about PvP gearing being super unrewarding ESPECIALLY compared to PvE. It murdered PvP participation.

Lol dude you’re the one making random claim that the game is more populated than ever with no clue clearly :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: oh man, Blizzard litteraly announces their Maus at the investor calls. There is less maus than the deadest parts of wod and that was so bad they stopped announcing subs. So what does that mean now lol… Holy man

Go check out dream haven. The guys forming litteraly talk about they’re going to create games without money being the ONLY consideration, as it’s become in wow lol. Again lowest Maus ever, yet big profits, wonder why :roll_eyes:

I definitely dislike the garbage it’s become. Thankfully there’s tbc for me. There’s also hope that if Microsoft takes over we can get some of the changes! I might come across angry but I just like to clear up all the garbage misinformation that you’re spewing.

Go look at holinkas tweets, go look at venrukis threads and go look at blizzards investors reports. None of what you say is even remotely close to the truth lol.

Participation is definitely low, especially for such a long season where there should be tons of people on the ladder. I would hope that someone positioning themselves as knowledgeable about PvP would know you can see participation by looking at the cutoffs and number of spots, so I’m unsure why you have to keep asking where the numbers are coming from.

1 Like

What were the cut off last season? What were cut offs in BFA? How many R1 titles went out in BFA seasons, Legion seasons, WoD seasons? If you can answer that and show it then you have proof. Just saying it is low isn’t proof.

Also cut off titles doesn’t mean anything. People talked about WoD being super popular. Season 1 of WoD HotH cut off was 19XX and Alliance was 20XX. Cutoffs don’t help show participation. Rating inflation and lack of inflation where some seasons cutoffs are very low. Also as xpacs go on, no MMR is reset so each season the ratings for cutoff normally get higher.

Welcome to internet forums where majority of things are made up because someone believes what they think is true and feels entitled people should believe them.

So yes where are you getting these numbers? Do you remember the cutoffs for every season and the participation numbers?

For you my man, I will wait for you to provide any links that support what you say. Other than that it is a waste to talk to someone who just goes “it is true because i say so”.

Show numbers how participation is down or just don’t post again isn’t hard.