Gear shouldnt matter in pvp

No point in really responding to that guy lol. He just looks for threads to trolls and have some fun at other folks expense :slight_smile:

He’s not the only one though sometimes it’s a bit of a role reversal haha.

Or you got guys like this one with very good insights into PvP….

btw people that keep spamming how Lost Ark gear doesnt matter are in for a surprise, the arenas, which are extremely casual and pretty unimprotant it is all equalized, the GvG(Guild vs guild) which gives incredible strong rewards gears IS NOT equalized. You gotta grind my man, korean style of grind.
It would be like saying wow gear gap is fine because at level 31 you get boost to 39 in a BG.

The game to watch will be Elden Ring, released later this month.
Quite possibly the most anticipated RPG ever made.
Freedom of builds/playstyle set in a huge world co-created by R.R Martin (Game of Thrones) with From Software, Miyazaki (Dark Souls, Bloodborne series).
Records will be broken with this one, sales and particpation.
It has been compared to playing a DND campaign.
And yes there will be lots of PVP.

/Sigh dude… PvP was very popular tbc-wod. Tons of losing going on. It’s almost as if losing isn’t the issue :roll_eyes: maybe it’s actually that anti competition gear changes they made lol

It’s almost as if giving better players more gear to make beating up worse players even easier is bad game design? Bad game design that litteraly no other PvP game does?

5 Likes

If it isn’t a skill issue, go get the gear.

There is a correlation between players who have played 1000s of games at the Challenger etc. level, for many years. Whom now have gotten a chance at the highest rating they have ever achieved in Shadowlands.
Of course they will dismiss the facts regarding gear discrepancies etc… in our current game.
When dedicated Multi Rank 1/Heros understand/agree with the issues that the overall player base is currently going through, it just makes more logical sense.

You’ll have to excuse Spirits, their prefrontal cortex has shrunk to a third of its original size from playing WoW for so long. They can only conceive of “muh gear” as any reason to play this game. They believe all there is to MMOs is the grind and gearing, they’ve likely never touched a single other video game in their life.

Are you experiencing frustration by being incentivized to engage in ranked play?

Yes. Casual PVP should be an option. This is why I exclusively play in the 51-59 bracket, where I do not experience any such frustration. It’s fun, and max level PVP is not.

1 Like

It is, though?

Beating up levelers and newbies? That seems fairly mean-spirited.

1 Like

It isn’t. “Casual PVP” means losing, over and over. For about 40 hours or so. Then you get a modicum of fun. Except not really, because just because you have enough gear to do some damage in unranked BGs, doesn’t stop other people from queueing up in their 30k health characters because they have the mistaken belief that they can just hop into a BG and play the part of the game they want to do, and not grind covnenants, torghast, and low cr arenas for several hours before getting to that.

cute attempt at a gotcha, but I level characters specifically for this reason, so I am one of those levelers. And the gear gaps in 51-59 are not nearly as huge as it is at max level. You can actually manage to survive a little bit and don’t have to worry about burst windows where you get clapped in half a second. The gaps in this bracket are about 4-6k health. Not 20-30k health with MASSIVE versa gaps between these levels that make it so that people with more versa oneshot people with less versa but the people with less versa just tickle.

Hey now, the game has been recently designed for rated players in high level rated gear to do exactly this. :rofl:
After all it is the best/fastest easiest way to upgrade right? Outside of Comp Stomp.
Seems to be the thing to do for a few “Ranked” players, 100 or so games and then sit in randoms wailing on the unkempt under geared majority.
I mean, the design team must have been able to foresee this happening.
The crazy part about it all, is premier rated PVP could just be at an all time low in participation too.
Looks to me like the majority of our player base, is actually at a big L.
Quarterly looks fine on paper though, it’s a real mystery.

Yeah, most people I know dread having to do unranked battlegrounds to upgrade their stuff on an alt.

Yes, people have struggled to adapt to the faster pacing despite requesting it, which I think is a bit of a shame because I think that it’s quite fun after the snoozefest that was Battle for Azeroth.

Some say this is the lowest skill cap of any season to obtain rating.

Then why is reaching high rating (1400) such a struggle for so many? Surely it’s not a skill issue, they can hold their own in battlegrounds, or so they say.

This is easily one of the most inflated seasons.

Depends on your access to an adderall prescription.

chugs adderall bottle
copy+pastes bigwigs/weakauras scripts to flash my cooldowns at my screen to tell me exactly when to push my buttons

Yep. It’s gamer time.

I’m sorry, but what are you talking about?

Dang, that’s pretty hilarious. I haven’t seen anybody doing it on NA since last season.