Gear disparity is killing PvP, how can you not see this Blizz

That’s the number of posts I’ve made, not the number of posts I’ve read.

I hope that clears it up for you :slight_smile:

I don’t know if I agree that anyone needs it the most, but I guess what I’d say is who cares? There are two types of rewards here: the ones that directly affect performance (gear/upgrades) and those that don’t (titles, mounts). Who cares if people want the gear rewards to be equal or even closer to equal? What I mean is: it’s not like they’re asking for a special advantage, even though people tend to love their advantages.

3 Likes

You say that now. Just wait till I have a 9 second Tree, every 45 seconds, with a 1 minute convoke.

2 Likes

It probably doesn’t, that guy gets triggered fairly easily :slight_smile:

Yeah you’re right. But it’s the combination of everything. Tier sets, double legendaries, gear gaps…what a mess, lol.

1 Like

This statement is so true…

4 Likes

People who would be fine about an Olympic runner being matched up against high schoolers without shoes?

8 Likes

That actually would be great! Its like legion but still rewards gear and makes having gear a edge still but not as massive as someone just coming into or back to the game. They also just did this for solo shuffle if i saw that correctly.

I concluded the only winning move was not to play. Sub runs out in 5 days.

13 Likes

Excellent post. Very well said and true.

1 Like

I can’t stomach playing another season of this type of gear progression.

I hate gear progression, I want it gone. I’d gladly pay my sub if I can just play the damn game like I did in legion and BFA where I could jump into casual pvp at a moment’s notice and feel like I was well equipped enough to do well.

I’ve been a career duelist this expansion, it’s been a cool experience but deep down I only did it so I can simulate what I had in legion (wod and mop too I suppose) with reaching stat cap and just bg’ing & world pvping. My friend’s list has become far too much of a revolving door to regularly look forward to rated pvp at this point too.

God I’ve barely played 9.2, I have 0 clue if everything outside of pvp is good or not but when I consider the ABSOLUTE CHORE AND TIMESINK that is chasing duelist again (especially as it gets harder the more i put it off) the more I just get repelled by the game.

Get rid of gear progression, I don’t care about precedent. I’m frustrated honestly, casual pvp kept my sub running through BFA (which was another troubled expansion)

14 Likes

It’s not a question of honor, but conquest.

i mean we’re not getting what we want so we aren’t gonna shut up until blizzard quits being stubborn and gives us our bc-wod gearing system back.

we get crap versions of what we want which is why we don’t shut up.

9 Likes

“10.0 will fix it” ™

Brian Holinka said “It feels great when you finally fill that Conquest bar.” So that tells you all you need to know how incompetent people they have at the helm.

3 Likes

Holinka said that Ashran was a huge success in WoD because everyone was playing it. xD

1 Like

Things wont change this xpac, pvp will remain a sh1tshow. It’s never been this bad, gear disparity ruined it for me. I just hope they change it in 10.0, nobody’s liking it and people have been complaining about the same thing for a long time now.

7 Likes

If that is a true quote, then he is right. It actually was a huge success a the time.

True. You could get a full honor set in just a few hours playtime. There were even vendors inside so you didn’t have to leave the instance. WoD had issues, but it was the peak of WoW PvP in my opinion.

8 Likes

no i wont stop complaining about gear , what best gear is that ? o right the ones where i have to do rated to get the purple bis gear slots

2 Likes