GDKP leaders = scum

Such low effort

1 Like

Oh I am not against GDKP at all. To me it’s a fair system of effort vs reward. I can see how some may not approve though and to be honest not every GDKP is the same. I think most of the hate against them stems from the fact that those not in guilds or in small non raiding guilds have no other alternative.

I think there is still a lot of options in terms of MS>OS+1 and SR for them to pursue its just the GDKPs are much further along and actually get the raids done within a reasonable amount of time so its the more attractive option. On top of that you will never leave with nothing so many are going that route. I can see your point for sure but if you look at it logically you only have 1 lockout per week and ideally you want to make the most out of the lockout and GDKP offers that as compared to the other systems imo

I’m sure that they have ways to monitor that kind of stuff and I don’t think they can fully trust something from Discord since people can just change their Discord name etc.

Okay it’s deleted lol.

GDKP is only viable these days because WoW players now have “Adult money” and they use Said “Adult money” on third party website, Gripe and defend that you’re not all you want, we’ve all seen the infamous Gressil Screenshot.

As long as there are people willing to pay money for gold which was normalized by the Retail wow token GDKP will allways be unfriendly to a “FtP player” Who only pays for a sub. PuG raids barely happen, Even if you’re geared with 4.5k+ Gearscore, Most raids these days are just GDKP adverts. in a way, its LFR for RMT players.

2 Likes

GDKP was a thing back in 06 though or do you mean more viable?

That gressil was in a streamers gdkp and likely the bid got up to that high to generate content. No one will deny that RMT happens but it happens in every aspect of this game. The majority of GDKPers do not buy gold.

2 Likes

What I meant is, If you could go back to GDKP from back in the day, Prices then were no where near as what some items reach today.
There were also less of them.

DKP was the norm among guilds.

2 Likes

I think that also has to do with people not knowing anything, not knowing how to make gold for the most part and the fact that later content not being a known fact. Bots may have put a lot of gold into the system but how much as that actually impacted server economies? Most people would rather hoard the gold rather than to spread it out even in the GDKP space, absolute BiS items would be 5k min bid and would most likely sell for 30k which is roughly how much Darkmoon: Greatness was week/month 1 of WotLK.

The situations where things sell for hundreds of thousands of gold are outliers that while I’m sure are real aren’t the norm. The thing about gold back in 06 is that the number of people was less, there weren’t servers the size of Grobbulus’ 18k or even my severs 13k. No, the number of people per server was roughly 3k which when compared to current WotLK servers it makes sense that GDKP’s weren’t as prevalent as they are now, it’s because there’s 4 times the amount of people on the server.

you guys totally ignore his point of view distorting the thing.

it s a FACT that people are using their REAL CREDIT CARD before the raid to use on the gdkp.

you can keep pretending u are naĂŻve but it wont change that fact.

do i care? Doesn’t matter coz my opinion wont make difference.

But lets stop playin the “12 yers old kid , " OW I JUST ARRIVED I KNOW NOTHING”"

And to buy gold to go to the raid become so socially accepted that people feel offended on the game chat when you start to publicly point gold sellers you found on the server.

3 Likes

A dumb downed version of the raid would have no effect on gdkps.

no one is saying that people dont. most peoples point is that people act like if your doing gdkps then obv you HAVE TO HAVE swiped your card and thats just not the case.

100% this.

Aww did you get rejected from a gdkp? Also might want to look up the definition of gatekeeping, because someone forming their own private group and not including you is not is not gatekeeping. You aren’t entitled to a spot in my group.

2 Likes

Seriously man, the amount of teary eyed forum posts recalling streamer events or some reddit famous upvoted ‘999999k !!!’ every time GDKP is discussed…

Meanwhile, I attend multiple GDKPs weekly and pick up solid gear for 1-5k each, get paid just as much as i spend at the end of the run… occasionally huge 252 rare giga bis items will go for 20k, alg gear a bit more.

Sure, RMT happens, it’s undeniable, but the large majority do not and never will RMT (including myself). If two whales do RMT and battle it out over a big item, I end up getting paid a lot more at the end.

Sorry that you guys are missing out, I guess? I hope your MS>OS runs are going OK, hows losing that roll to the grey parsing Indonesian guy for the 8th week in a row going?

2 Likes

Pretty great, thanks for asking :smiling_face:

Basically.

Some go so where does the gold come from then?

Roll back the clock to tbcc. Many raids had lively gdkp. People in BT not even needing much from it. The reward was the pot split really.

More far seeing players were taking their couple thousand gold per week payouts then and use that today.

Same as they will do in wrath when ICC and ruby out. That will be to save for cata lol.

My only issue with GDKP is on Blizzard’s end. Their inconsistency.

When dungeon boosts were a thing, huge RMT ban waves went out and a friend was perma’d in one of the waves. she didn’t buy gold, she never sold gold, zero RMT activity on her account. fastforward a couple days and someone in guild made a twitter post on her behalf asking BlizzardCS (easier than waiting 5 years for a ticket response) about the ban, to which they said something (paraphrasing) like “if someone you give gold to sells that gold and gets banned for RMT, you can get banned too:)”. I know GDKP leaders that have been banned for selling (short bans btw), and yet, not a single player in those GDKPs were. But gotta perma ban 4 lowbies that dared to buy a dungeon boost when that booster turns around to sell the gold they paid for the boost with :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah i dont think Blizzard has ever been consistant. Itd be nice if theyd just ban all the botters, gold buyers and sellers. Innocent people get false flagged for that stuff and its unfortunate

1 Like

10 char limit or something yalk dcum