GDKP in Season of Discovery

Everyone’s thoughts make sense to themselves, which is why everyone considers themselves as logical, but no one can see the entire picture. That’s why it’s illogical to consider yourself logical.

For example, there’s this question here that you believe to be reasonable, but you’re leaving out the entire other half of the story.

If I made a lot of gold through GDKPs, would I buy less or more gold through RMT?

I do appreciate the effort in your posts, but it’ll help if you were more open minded in these discussions and give them a chance to go back and forth to exchange ideas.

1 Like

Listen I’m not going to respond to this word wall of nothing. You haven’t provided proof of bot farming not being changed. If provided no evidence of RMT’s not changing. You don’t even post of with a SoD toon. Can I honestly believe for one second that the anecdotical stories you tell are true? I’m at least posting with a SoD char that has seen the current content. You, on the other hand, cannot point to this fact.

Everyone of your posts have been quoting me out of context or twisting my words. I cannot take you seriously as you do not want to have an honest discussion. You point this out and I say hey look at this here. You keep saying no, no evidence. I say hey where is your evidence, I have it just believe me man. No matter what I say or try to get through to you about what it seems Blizzard is doing you don’t care.

So let’s be genuine here and say, You do not care about anything you just want GDKP’s back. That is a fair assumption as you’ve given me no evidence otherwise. You saying hey bro, I report bots. No SoD char, no proof, and no logic means no solid argument.

Let’s sum up your arguments as follows:

1.) The RMT’s and bots haven’t changed since the ban of GDKP’s. Anyone playing the game can tell you that is a lie. I can tell you straight up I haven’t reported a single bot in SoD because I haven’t ran into a single one. Does that mean there are no bots in SoD, no of course not. I’ve reported countless bots in classic so I know what to look for. Well anyone with a brain can tell you less demand for RMT’s means if the supply isn’t changing or going up prices go down. You say there is no proof of this, I point to the RMT people themselves. They have provided us with all the evidence we need. They have it broken down by SoD and by server. If you notice some time in phase 2 it eventually starts to tank to an all time low and stay there.

2.) You’ve stated the real problem is RMT’s and not GDKP’s. You’ve further stated that they shouldn’t what to do something go after RMT’s but leave GDKP’s alone. I’ll be blunt with you, you have no evidence as to why they went after GDKP’s. You have zero, none to show this it’s pure conjecture. Now I can look at this saying and say that your statement holds some water. Why would I say that though? Well it makes some sense as to the fact I understand the GDKP’s indirectly and directly lead to RMT’s. So while know that, I also know that Blizzard is short staff and this is an easier fix. I derived this with common knowledge on hand and logic. You seem to not have a problem with this as it benefits you.

3.) You point out that the cons do not out weight the pros and that GDKP’s should be implemented. You have no evidence of this as I pointed out many of times. Just because you put more weight behind certain pros doesn’t make them out weigh the cons in reality. If you cannot understand the effects of RMT’s on the economy and Blizzard’s short staff, then that’s your problem. Until Blizzard themselves or through community response decides that pros out weigh cons GDKP’s will continue to be banned. For every person complaining about not having GDKP’s on here there are more that want them to stay banned. Blizzard knows something, they have the data. Why wouldn’t they if it was a failure not unban GDKP’s? We are going on 3 out of 4 phases without it. The answer to all of this Blizzard knows something and will leave it like it is. Personally I’d like to know what the data shows.

4.) You’ve said the economy wouldn’t suffer because of GDKP. Anecdotal evidence from many of players says otherwise and was lead to the banning to begin with. You say these are the minority however the minority is still the community whether you like it or not. You have no proof, by the way, that it is the minority you just like to think so.

5.) I’m openminded to the bot claim as I don’t know what you saw. After arguing in circles about this, I’m going to say you have no evidence. You are posting SoD and you are not playing SoD. So you have zero evidence or proof about that bots. You are probably confused as you are posting on an Era char and seeing all the bots. I gave you a benefit of a doubt to have an honest conversation about it and yet you seem to make that impossible. I point to the fact that they might make profit now but if GDKP’s comes back they’ll make more money.

6.) You say that banning GDKP’s is like banning fishing because of bots. I pointed out to you that if you ban fishing no one can fish. If you ban GDKP’s people can still raid. GDKP’s are a type of raid and to make this relevant it’d be a type of fishing. Even after explaining that to you, you are saying well I meant it this way. Said I was arguing in bad faith, I’m just pointing out logic. If that’s bad faith then everything I’m saying to you is bad faith, that’s your problem with reality.

7.) You’ve argued this game belongs to the community. You a communist? The game is owned by Activision/Blizzard which is now Microsoft. If Bill Gates wants to shut down WoW, guess what he can. We rent this game each month and play it. They own all rights to the game, but without players the game cannot go on. Player’s are what bring the game money and that is what they are a business. So every now and then they’ll listen to the people that pay them. Doesn’t change the fact that property rights exist, end of story. Can’t believe you argue over this easily proven fact.

8.) I did accuse you of being involved with the RMT circuits. Evidence is you don’t post on SoD, you have no evidence to the contrary. You also state things like bots are all over the place, their not. I think in short you are lying and want GDKP’s back at all costs so you can continue your operation. Gold is all time low and you got to make some cash man. Stay out of SoD, we don’t want that kind of player base.

9.) You’ve argued population drop one for one from phase 1 to 2. Based on a graph that shows chars raiding. Phase 1 level cap of 25 and 10 man raid with GDKP’s around. There will be a few alts here and there raiding. Therefore it’s not an accurate representation of the player base. This is relevant to the conversation because you make the false claim that all of these people left. It was fluff, did people leave of course. It was no where near as much as you like it to be.

10.) You argue GDKP’s are better loot systems. Your evidence losing to grey parses by /rolls. They also give you nothing for showing up. I think we can agree /roll guilds are bad, don’t play in them. I points out the DKP guilds give you points for showing up to spend on gear. I pointed out LC’s should be giving out gear based on attendance and player performance. I also said that LC’s might have bias, but all loot systems have issues. I pointed out GDKP’s biggest issue is being typed to RMT’s directly and indirectly.

At the end of the day I’ve provided more evidence than you. You’ve provided zero and I’ve at least provided gold prices as a point. So that is still more evidence than you. Other point I’d point out, SoD posting player. You claim to play, no proof.

The reality is no matter what I say or try to help you see you won’t understand. You won’t agree, and if I make a valid point you call it a bad faith argument. You provide no evidence only conjecture. It’s almost like speaking to a child and them continuously asking me why.

Also don’t say fact-based or evidence. You have no evidence at all and all your other fan boys are just going along with you as they are in lockstep with you. The want GDKP’s returned no matter the cost, and that’s fine. Just be honest when we talk instead of forcing illogical talking points and conjecture to make your point.

1 Like

Gold prices are evidence reflected on supply and demand. The prices fell during phase 2 and are at the lowest currently. It hit the current or nearly current level before even Cata came out. So what you said overall is wrong, besides maybe the gold source thing. Trying to give you a benefit of a doubt.

If you bring back a reason for RMT’s then they’ll go up and gold prices will go up due to demand and supply. The GDKP ban will keep it low. If Blizzard can track and ban RMT’s with more accuracy I’d gladly say bring back GDKP’s.

2 Likes

Alright I’m curious. There’s no data of this anywhere, and I highly doubt Blizzard even has an idea, so I’m just asking for your opinion.

What % of RMT do you think GDKPs are responsible for?

This is a true statement. Unfortunately you stuck your nose in the conversation when I was responding to someone else. I stated my reason and that my logic is sound in response to someone saying my logic was flawed. So I can’t really take anything you say at face value. I’ll entertain your ideas for a little bit why not.

The answer: They’d probably continue to do it. This here I don’t deny, what I was trying to get through was they wouldn’t have a reason to buy more. So less RMT’s overall from just that one person. Let’s say some of the others do stop all together because they don’t want to get banned still less RMT’s. There is no reason that GDKP’s being banned would cause these people to by more gold. Their form of entertainment through multiple alts have been removed so less RMT’s.

So the context of the question was put forth after the ban, so I worded that question that way. You injected it with GDKP’s around which makes no sense to the timeline in question, as currently they are banned.

Now lets answer your question. Hopefully none as you have a lot of gold, but are you selling it? I hope not that would be bad. This question doesn’t change the fact that other people bought gold and used it in GDKP’s. Doesn’t change the fact that by making an alt players can use RMT as to afford to boost, consume, profession, and get AH gear. Doesn’t change the fact the gold you give the booster might be sold. Doesn’t change the fact that the gold going into GDKP’s is bot gold.

I also point out too that after the GDKP ban I haven’t see or heard of boosting at all like I used to in classic.

First and foremost you’ve been very sarcastic when talking to me. I’ll continue this conversation in good faith, so I agree. I’ve been open minded and I’ve put forth arguments. GDKP side has no proof of anything negative since banning of GDKP’s. Only thing they can point to is upset GDKP playerbase that is all. I’m done talking in circles.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you’re talking to me. I suggest you reply directly to my post so I can verify that you are directing this question at me.

See this question cannot be answered. That is the answer to that question. Can we at least agree that this is a true statement.

I have another question for you.

Would GDKP’s returning cause an increase in RMT’s from their current level indirectly and directly?

Interesting tone. We can play ball. Stuck my nose in? I suppose that would be an acceptable way to put it if it was one specific instance that I took out of context, but you should do a word count on how many times you’ve used the word logic. Do you really need to consider yourself logical several times now to feel like you have some credibility?

Injected with GDKP? Let’s stick to good faith here. This is a GDKP thread, it’s always been about GDKPs, I didn’t have to inject anything. The reason you didn’t include the word GDKP in your question was in bad faith to begin with, as you’re attempting to oversimplify a complex issue.

Why would you randomly ask me if I’m selling gold? Seems more like bad faith. I don’t know what point you’re trying to make here when bringing up alts. Alts, as in increased game activity, means increased RMT? Yeah sure, more game activity means more RMT everywhere.

Yes, I was sarcastic. I don’t think you’re aware of how you come off when you constantly refer to yourself as logical, so I found it difficult to take it seriously. I did mean what I said about appreciating the effort you’re putting in before, I’m not sure about now since the quality of your argument seems to have degraded into nonsense questions and bad faith oversimplification.

You’ve had no issue with stating that GDKPs causes a lot of RMT, or that GDKPs are a large reason for RMT, etc. Now you can’t answer this question even after I specified that it would be an opinion? This has been the main point of your entire argument through your numerous longwinded posts, and you’re not even opening to discussing how much RMT is actually occuring within GDKPs? You’re completely set on GDKP=RMT so ban. Again, close-minded bad faith.

Yeah, I’m not playing this silly game until you answer my question first. But again, more bad faith oversimplification.

2 Likes

Only said 3 things

1. You don’t have any evidence
  2. The majority of the community quit
  3. The incursions are a better source of gold than anything in wow classic, which you agree with

so the only way i can be “overall wrong”

is if i’m wrong about you having no evidence (you don’t) and the majority of the community have quit (they have), unless you think otherwise?

3 Likes

Anti gdkper kryptonite: If something must be banned because it promotes rmt, then the ah must also be banned, using your own logic, i know you guys hate to see this argument but there is a reason and that reason is that there is nothing you can say

2 Likes

I’ll be fair with you, this I can agree too. I may of ramped up the word logic as he started throwing it in my face. Majority of the time I’m speaking to him so don’t take that as a way I treat all people. So look at that as strictly on him.

The question was specified because of GDKP’s being banned. That was their question with their words. I gave a more reasonable question that was perfectly in line with the question and timeline. When you say well that is the not the entire picture. The entire picture is what I explained as an answer to your question. That is the entire picture. All topics have been around GDKP’s either indirectly or directly.

So I added that in there to cover everything. It is not an accusation directed at you just a possibility of all GDKP players. You didn’t specify whether you’re an organizer or player so I had to add that in there. For the alts they are alts that are made for the sole purpose of being in GDKP’s. I would know as without GDKP’s in classic I wouldn’t of had as many.

None of this was mainly directed at you particularly as it’s been mostly between another person. I appreciate the compliment. As for the quality itself has been the same. I’d be glad to discussion the bad faith and nonsense in question.

Your entire argument on your side as been, GDKP’s do not cause increase in RMT’s. Where’s your proof of the increase if possible or the decrease since being banned. You have no evidence as well. I explained in detail how GDKP’s are directly and indirectly connected to RMT’s. If this is not understandable at least point to the part so I can clarify my argument. You all are reading my statements wrong or how you would like them to read. You all keep going back to RMT within GDKP’s. That’s only one side of the coin and you all won’t consider the indirect at all. If this cannot be done, then there is no road ahead. The close minded faith is not reading what I’m saying and only looking at parts of statement not the whole.

Answer the question. I answered yours, with the truth. No one knows the %, maybe Blizzard or gold sellers. When you don’t answer my questions even when I answered yours there are no lines for communication. Just because you realize the answer to the question is bad for your argument, doesn’t justify calling it bad faith. I do not like that, it’s bad faith. I haven’t said anything in previous comments being bad faith. Bad faith is just a response to you make to much sense or I can’t answer said question as that would be bad for me. The bad faith is a nonsense line. Should I call everything you put forward bad faith because I disagree, at least I’m making an effort.

1 Like

You’re not even trying to have an honeat conversation.

You aren’t reading or responding to the arguments I’m making, so assume away I guess :joy:

So don’t read, but proceed to summarize? And I’m the one being disingenuous? Okay, sure, let’s go then.

1. If you’ve been reading the forums you’ll understand this is false. The narrative is quite clear that bots are a problem and if you want you can go into the world and see for yourself.

2. If you’ve not found a single bot to report in SoD that might be evidence that you’re not looking, and thats fine. But like, what is your argument? Are you saying bots aren’t a thing in SoD? Where do you think RMT gold is generated? It aint from GDKP :joy:

This is false and the condescending language doesn’t help your aegument. Again, read my detailed post about gold prices to understand why. Not helpful to try and summarize what you haven’t read, and then to make sweeping generalizations based on you being “logical”

Yes, I don’t believe anyone (including yourself) is disagreeing with this. It is supported by the language of the official policy as well.

:joy: You are responding in the thread where they literally explained why. At this point you’re just arguing for the sake of it.

You’re the one trying to make the argument that the RMT “con” is true. I’m saying it isn’t true because there is no evidence that the ban has improved things at all.

Did you know it is impossible to prove a negative? There is no proof anyone can provide to say something didn’t happen. One can only prove that something did happen. This is why conspiracy theories exist and cannot be disproven. This is also the justification for being innocent until proven guilty.

You are the one with the positive argument here and so I’m refuting the “evidence” you’ve pointed to (gold prices). Read my post about it, seriously.

Made up statement that doesn’t connect to reality at all. If people didnt want GDKP then it wouldn’t dominate every version of classic wow and be so popular that the vocal minority on the forums call for it to banned.

Again I’m saying it doesnt and the burden of proof is on you, since you are making the claim. What exactly about the economy suffers as a result of GDKP? GDKP promotes commerce while not generating any additional gold. That’s a stimulous and healthy economics, you want the money supply moving around. It also encourages folks to save gold which means disinflation for reagents and consumables.
Notice how I explained that instead of just saying it as a fact? Why dont you explain what GDKP (not bots/RMT) does to hurt the economy?

Addressed this above.

Yes, it is like banning fishing. If you ban fishing you cant fish but you have other professions. If you ban GDKP you cant GDKP but you have other loot modes. I stopped disputing this because it was an argument meant to provide clarity in how flawed the GDKP argument is, but if you’re going to debate this comparison itself then obviously it didn’t clear anything up for you. :joy: Doesn’t make it wrong tho.

Lol what? I dont think you get it. The game itself (not the intellectual property) belongs to and is built for the players. Ever hear them talk about SoD as a love note or tribute to the players? The devs are duty bound to the players. Delivering the game the players want is literally their job.

Lmao okay. :rofl: This kind of argument isn’t helping you at all. The character I prefer to represent me is a personal choice that I don’t need to explain to you. It certainly doesn’t support your accusation, I can’t believe I have to say that.

Yes it started there and the trendline continues downward until today where we are down more than 90% a couple of weeks before the biggest content patch in SoD history. Your argument is that this is “fluff”?

Yes and this thread explains it quite extensively. This is my evidence for the pros of GDKP, which I’ve been very consistent about since January.

If you aren’t going to read what I’m saying and respond to the arguments and justifications being made then you can’t really make this statement, can you? Go read my post about gold prices or we have truly nothing to discuss. Or, point to something other than gold prices to support your claims. And for the love of god consolidate your argument into something more concise and coherent.

1 Like

So this is what you posted. You said I have no evidence, I do the gold prices. So there is you being wrong. Prove me wrong on the gold prices. The majority of the people quitting the game was aimed at the low gold price. I pointed that it dropped down way before Cata. Gold resource I agree upon, apparently the devs did too that why in P4 it’ll be fixed.

So if you would of presented it like this I could at least not mistaken anything you presented to me.

1.) Gold prices is evidence of this working. I shouldn’t have to explain this.
2.) Currently they are on hiatus and will be back. Currently the population is low, but that isn’t the reason for the gold prices. Those were dropped way before Cata dropped.
3.) We agree, yeah!

The context of your question is confusing. So if you’re are not implying that gold prices are low because of wow current population, then we agree. Otherwise, you are incorrect. This was my initial observation of what you said. So you were 2 out of 3 wrong so overall wrong with exception of resource. What I said is still true, I cannot properly read context when it’s not presented in a clear manner.

the gold prices aren’t evidence for anything was the entire point of the post, you argue supply and demand and then ignore that most of the players have quit and those that are left have an insane source of gold, the price of gold compared to p1 is obviously going to be different lol.

the player base quitting changes the supply and demand dramatically to the point where you couldn’t prove anything based on gold prices

If I’m selling 100 apples a month, and 90% of my customers leave, do you think that the demand will stay the same? but because my supply is based off of my apple trees, the supply remains a constant, my apples would be worthless…

I notice my

post got ignored, hmm

1 Like

I’ll tone it down. There’s been so many posts, so I’ll just share some random thoughts.

I do think that GDKPs incentivize RMT. I don’t think it’s as much as people think, and I think that GDKP-related RMT is a small joke compared to the RMT that occurs within the rest of the game. Another way to view this would be to compare GDKP pot sizes to the AH’s daily revenue, and GDKPs would only be a tiny fraction. There are many things that people don’t consider, like how gold in GDKPs get recycled. In a perfect scenario, the same amount of gold within the GDKP pool would gear up an entire raid, but of course there will be people who bring in outside gold as well.

Do I sell gold? If I did want to participate in illicit activity, I wouldn’t waste my time with earning gold in GDKPs. I’d just set up an entire network of bots. The previous accusations about selling gold from other Anti-GDKPers sounds very inefficient to me.

My question was meant to open a line of communication on how much RMT there is in GDKPs, which is what your argument is really about. You didn’t answer it, you avoided it.

Overall, I’m not a fan of oversimplified yes/no questions that are designed to lead the conversation in a way that doesn’t progress towards solving the issue.

2 Likes

This only makes sense in the extreme view of getting rid of all RMT’s. As long as gold is needed and RMT’s exist then there will be service. You are arguing in absolutes which are not reality. We and Blizzard know we cannot get rid of all RMT’s. So we’ll stop the ship from sinking by plugging what holes we can. Unfortunately GDKP’s got pulled into this, they were collateral damage. If you want to be mad at people, be mad at the RMT people. At the end of the day if GDKP’s can regulate themselves to the point they can monitor legit gold, the ban will stay. Only other way is if RMT’s get locked down or Blizzard says pros out weigh cons.

ok lets stop the ship from sinking by plugging the auction house hole

no?

why choose one and not the other?

so gdkp is innocent and collateral damage occured, hmm, i thought pro-gdkpers had nothing? now they are just a random victim and your reason for banning them is “collateral damage” lol

unless the gdkp can somehow do something that blizzard cannot, they should be banned, well that sounds extremely reasonable

1 Like
  1. Population decline of 90% that you dismiss as fluff.

2. Hyper inflation, much more than ever seen in phase 1 when GDKP was allegedly “ruining” the economy. Evidenced by 3000+ gold boes and other skyrocketing prices.

3. Removing player choice with seemingly no positive impact based on bot and RMT activity in phase 2 and 3 as reported in these forums.

1 Like

I’m done with talking to you. You have zero evidence, at the moment GDKP’s are still banned. I pointed to logical things and evidence through gold prices. I’ve asked you questions to which you dodge or ignore.

You are arguing in circles. Until you can give me solid proof then you have no footing. Your entire flawed arguments have been ripped to shreds and you keep pointing at no evidence. You have zero evidence of any of the things you state. So lets see it I gave you gold prices and yet you have nothing.

You can lead a horse to water but not make it drink.

You have your mind made up so why have a discussion. You have no solid arguments after I destroyed yours and you don’t listen to reason. That is why I think you’re mixed up in RMT’s. Go play another version of the game, I doubt you even play SoD. You are being disingenuous yourself.

you know that none of us have any evidence right? you pointing at a gold graph that went down overtime is not evidence, there is no publically available evidence of anything

it would be like me saying

see the the way the population crashed as soon as gdkp was banned? yeah that was all gdkp, can i prove that? of course not, just like you can’t

its bizarre to me that someone who uses these tactics would then accuse other people of being bad faith when you know precisely what u are doing

How many times can I explain to you that gold prices dropped during P2 and are all times low before Cata launch. Do not understand this? I’m done you aren’t making any sense. You are ignoring evidence and making terrible arguments.

They quit after that drop…how do you not get this.

Once again…you are not looking at the timeline you are working off of assumptions. Go look at price of gold graph otherwise we are done here.

Replied, stop acting like you have some all be reason for logic and understanding. Your narcist attitude is starting show.