GDKP in a nutshell

who are you to tell me I need to “improve”? you’re being asinine because there is no possible way I could improve on the fun I have each run, especially not by parsing or benefitting from rmt in a gdkp.
Good luck with your appeal

pay no attention to Sentenza, the child’s head doesn’t work correctly.

This thread is on fire. Still reporting gdkp. Nothing has changed.

2 Likes

Someone who gets it. GDKP also doesn’t undermine the guild experience of raiding. You can legit get the same items for similar effort doing guild runs. Someone who buys all their gear with gold can get it a bit faster, but it’s fairly easy to get near BiS without doing gdkp.

Feel like those that hate GDKP haven’t actually done any. they think they are filled with RMT gold buyers and gear is being bought with thousands of gold. Considering the access people have to getting gold with level 25 quest farming, the gear goes pretty cheap.

GDKP also functions as a point system. You can acquire all your gear and net 0 gold from the GDKP, effectively the same as doing /roll but the GDKP distributes loot more efficiently because people assign the gold to how valuable the item is to them based on a number of variables.

Yes RMT whales can go in and grab everything they want, but in practice they are a small minority. Most people running GDKP do not buy gold, at least from my personal experience. If that were the case, I could never get BiS or near BiS on characters i run GDKP on. I’ve been able to get plenty of gear for reasonable prices on my GDKP characters.

3 Likes

your anecdotal evidence doesn’t mean much when it’s widely known that 40% of classic players admitted to buying gold from a survey, and that’s just the ones that said yes. little timmy buying 100g one time to bid on items in gdkp for the rest of the phase is just as at fault as any whale

lol what are you talking about.

please explain, in detail, how a GDKP and a mage boosting people is the same.

they are both transactions

Let’s be real clear, people want to nip this in the bud right now.

Before these numbers are astronomical, ie…wotlkc.

You pay for boost.

You pay for gear.

Math is hard.

1 Like

Link to that survey please?

1 Like

google it I’m not posting links in here for several reasons

The numbers on my Wrath server are fine, they were in vanilla era, and TBC as well, so /shrug

Because it doesn’t exist?

Also still waiting on the link to the interview you promised where a Blizz employee stated over 50% of the player base bought gold.

Though tell me why last night was it a interview with a dev and this morning its a survey of players and the percentage is less?

Still doesn’t change the fact that you can acquire the same gear without doing GDKP. It barely gives you an advantage. You have to be a whale to have any significant advantage. Even then, it doesn’t really impact others play because WoW is largely uncompetitive and you are given plenty of time to gear up between phases through the number of lockouts available.

Gold hardly matters any way at some point. It matters most in vanilla, but after you get your epic mount, then you only need regular gold for consumes, and they are usually very affordable because of bots.

If we could ban RMT that would be great, but it’s never going to happen because Blizzard doesn’t do anything about it. I don’t really see a point in banning GDKP because of RMT though. In reality, people buying gold has almost no impact on those that choose not to buy gold. There is some impact, but does it really decrease your enjoyment of the game to a significant degree? I can say, it doesn’t affect me whatsoever.

1 Like

so your saying that GDKPs should be banned because its a transaction?

then why arent you trying to bann the AH too?
or bann NPCs?
or bann tipping as well?

if your entire argument is… “its a transaction” then you need to go touch grass.

you can literally open your web browser, go to google or duckduckgo or yahoo askjeeves whatever search engine you old folks use, and type in " 40% of Classic players admitted to buying gold in a survey"

1 Like

I found it in 10 seconds. Its from a youtubers poll, or atleast its shown within the video.

what are you talking about? you asked what they had in common I replied

Epic staff drops for some people only once.

Is it fair that some dude outbid you by 3 gold? Yep

Is it still when he bought all of his and you farmed for it?

Stop being the problem.

It’s a youtube poll from a content creator that profits from exploiting and exacerbating viewers’ anxiety.
That is not authoritative, it’s not even particularly supporting to what you’re trying to say. Your source is a doom-and-gloom literally-who content creator that knows that making people upset, anxious, or angry means more ad bucks for them.

1 Like