GDKP in a nutshell

Still waiting on that link about an interview with a Blizzard employee where they state what percent of the player base buys gold.

I mean it has to exist because you said it exists right?or were you just pulling claims out of thin air?

1 Like

Your position is that GDKP isn’t a service that sells BoP items to players for gold. Your justification is that the gold that the buyer pays is distributed across the rest of the raid, so it isn’t a sale, despite them paying the raid gold so they could take the item (lol what??).

The profit from a service is distributed across the servicers in any over the table transaction ever. Anyone with half a brain can suss out the flaws in your argument, and I’m done trying to help you become one.

Gg nice troll :slightly_smiling_face:

My position is that GDKPs and boosting are wholly apart from one another, because one involved a direct pay-for-thing transaction, and the other distributes gold amongst the participating raiders.
If I were to pay a group to outright carry me, that would be boosting. That’s not what’s happening here.
Your adamant refusal to accept that there’s a difference doesn’t mean I’m just trying to get under your skin.
Everyone is expected to participate and perform in a GDKP group. The entire point is so that players can have something to show for their time and effort if they don’t get their item.
Anyone with half a brain can spot the difference. You refuse to solely that you can justify abusing the report system to punish players for engaging in an activity that Blizzard has said doesn’t violate the ToS. That doesn’t make you smart, it means you’re lying to justify bullying.

You simply don’t know what you’re talking about. Pure buyers vs carries. You’re new. It’s okay to be wrong.

Easy to feel bullied when your argument is about as sound as “water isn’t wet because it can’t get wet”.

You’re relying on an assumption that GDKPs are overwhelmingly carry runs. This simply isn’t the case from what I’ve seen.
Your argument is that pooling gold together and distributing it is a buy-sell transaction, which simply isn’t true.
I’ve made a post in the customer support forum asking for clarification. Hopefully we’ll have an answer somewhat soon.
I’m still 100% sure you’re just attempting to justify bullying players who do things you don’t like.

I farmed all my gold, about 500g in RFK, and I did my first GDKP yesterday. got 4 bis in one run, for under 100g. twilight slayers cowel for 20g, chest for 40g, trinket for 8g, trident for 5g. prior to this, I did six runs and didnt get a single drop, lost to everyones rolls. I will say… I am a big fan of GDKP. Never bought gold in my life. IDK why people are hating on it. I’d rather spend hours farming gold, and getting the items I want, than losing to luck.

3 Likes

You can easily farm gold by selling on the AH to people who do buy gold.

But we cant bring up the AH!

1 Like

To be honest noone got warned or suspended because of “false report” or “abusive”, while some GDKP advertisers were. So they 'll keep reporting GDKP advertisers.
I’m neutral, sometimes do pug, sometimes join GDKPs too. But it’s not a big prob for me if GDKP 's gone or not.

That’s likely because it’s not going to be part of the automated system.
Blizzard has said that GDKPs don’t violate ToS, so they aren’t going anywhere. The current debate seems to be whether or not Trade or LFG is the appropriate channel to post them, but players who are against GDKPs existing will report them whether they’re compliant with rules or not.

I think they were reported and be warned because of “advertisement” in LFG

Ban gold buying outright, on first offense.

In the meantime, I have no problem with people catching bans for taking part in an unnecessary loot system directly and powerfully associated with RMT

1 Like

GDKP should be kept out of sight, like it should be.

Out in Trade, you’re getting a report.

1 Like

That would be a false report. GDKPs do not violate the ToS, and the consensus appears to be that trade is where such ads go.

Nope, not in my 19 on-and-off years of playing have I ever received a warning for it, not once.

GDKPs stay outta trade, or get a report, simple as.

The blue posts I get back sometimes are worth it.

I really don’t care, just want them gone.

1 Like

That doesn’t change the fact that you’re reporting players who aren’t breaking any rules. That is a violation of the ToS.

Well you shouldn’t have joined team GDKP and promoting botting and RMT then.

You get what you get.

1 Like

GDKPs aren’t botting or RMT. Telling you that you’re violating the ToS by filing false reports is defending neither.
Botting and RMT could cease existing tomorrow, and GDKPs would still be a thing. You’re just bullying players for doing something you don’t like, and reaching for justification.
If you don’t like them, that’s fine - you don’t have to participate, and you can put players advertising them on ignore, but reporting an activity Blizzard has outright said doesn’t break any rules is knowingly issuing false reports.

Talk to the hand. :raised_hand:t5:

These exist because of people buying/swiping for GDKP.

Your paragraphs explaining otherwise, don’t really matter.

Players are gonna take the path of least resistance, and GDKP only has ground because people can take others’ gold and not play the game (farming) and leave it to the bots.

All GDKP players are sacrificing the game for their own enjoyment.

Who will farm for gold if you’ve gotten enough pots of gold to sit on?

You think players are gonna go out in the world and do stuff manually instead of waiting at the AH with all their gold instead?

It makes botting even stronger.

2 Likes

This does not exist because of GDKP. This existed well before GDKP, would exist without GDKP, exist on servers that don’t have GDKP, and exist in games that have nothing like GDKP.

The solution to RMT is to ban RMT permanently on detection. RMT could stop existing tomorrow, and there would still be GDKPs. To say that GDKPs are a sole driver of RMT is an outright denial of observable reality.

In my 19 years of wow on and off like you I have never been suspended or banned for doing gdkps.

Clearly majority of gdkps don’t have RMT in them.