GDKP has ruined classic's community

Where is the gold coming from? This really seems to be a hard question for you to answer. You keep going in circles while avoiding the question.

I’ll use 2 if I need to but literally the only bosses where they are going to come close to saving your life is loatheb, maexxna, and sapph. If you go construct, plague, spider, military in that order you can EASILY do the night with 1 flask. You can easily make it to maexxna in that order in 2h. Zero reason to have one on for raz and gothik and if you just zerg thane down there is healing in reserve for horsemen. If you make it to sapph then you can drink a second but you are still only at 2 a week in that case.

Casters are a different story, they are always useful. I bought all the eko I would need for classic in p2 when they were dirt cheap. I farmed enough consecrated stones for all of classic. We move right along so not a whole lot of mongoose or other dps pots. Stoneshields aren’t very expensive and neither are poison resists. Protections pots are nothing if you kill bosses in a timely fashion. You are talking like 500g max for a week. The more you suck the more it will cost.

Drops and vendoring items and quests, literally the source of all gold in the game.

If gold selling was somehow removed from the game would you still have a problem with GDKPs?

That is the entire point moron.

The issue is not GDKPs, the issue here is gold selling.

Banning GDKPs would not stop people buying gold, people will always buy gold so long as Blizzard does not enforce their own rules.

You people are so blinded by jealousy and anger it’s incredible.

2 Likes

your ability to think logically is apparently hampered for some reason…

Correct, that’s how the bots farm it.

You’re being trolled. If Summonok disagrees with you, he resorts to…

1 Like

Ad hominem at its best!

That’s also how non bots farm it.

Because you are all clueless sheep.

You have no idea how this game actually works, none of you look at the bigger picture or address the real problem here (Blizzards lack of enforcing their own rules).

You all just parrot reddit opinion and think whatever your favourite YouTube clickbait video told you to think.

You all seriously think “banning GDKPs will solve the gold buying problem”.

No, it’ll only solve your jealousy problem.

1 Like

I’m picturing a guy buying something and later stealing that money back says, “I earned that, so it’s mine.” As if he’s going to be let off because he’s technically correct.

The post isn’t even about gold buying lol… It is about what gdkp has done to the community and pool of players that guilds would, otherwise, have available to recruit. That hope of a payday is reducing the number of people that actually raid each lockout. If they weren’t there that idea they were gonna get paid wouldn’t be there and, at least, a portion of them would raid somewhere other than sitting on the sidelines begging to get into a gold run.

Not reliably, no, they don’t.

Well maybe for those who aren’t good at farming.

that and quests is the only place gold comes from. They then concentrate it via botting high need items and boosting.

Doesn’t matter how good at farming you are when there’s multiple unguilded hunters wearing greens stalking every end-game area and casting Eagle Eye forever.

Thought I might add this to the pile.

OP, these topics always go this way. You’re never, EVER, going to convince these folks that buying their gear with their real life money is the problem. They’re always going to say that the issue is how the gold is made, not how it’s distributed. They are not wrong, but they will never admit that their behavior exacerbates the problem.

3 Likes

I hope the issues with your guild can be worked out like they were when you couldn’t find healers a few months back (that is if you’re in the same guild). Attrition at this point is really normal as people reach their Classic goals and move on. It’s not GDKPs to blame for this. Lots of guilds have attrition issues at the end of content (pre-expansions especially) and always have.

With GDKP like you said they get 80-100 sign-ups only because people are looking for easy gold - to buy consumes for their main raids or whatever. GDKPs are a buy-sell business model. Sometimes people want gear too, and they’ll bring alts in etc, but it’s mostly about the gold. That’s why the people who run GDKPs need to set rules like you must buy upgrades in addition to needing to find good buyers because almost everyone is there for the payout.

I have guildies who love the things. I know people who do GDKPs on like 3 alts. I am not interested in them so I do not do them. All the gear I want I can get with my guild. I don’t need to gear multiple alts and I have enough gold and I have no issues getting consumes. Most people on the forums here are like my guildies and think GDKPs are awesome and will even justify RMT. Therefore you won’t get much support here.

Oh, I think some people are also completely oblivious to it. Like, they haven’t done any amount of homework to conceive that it makes no sense to have a game full of bots and yet, somehow, regular players just happen to have truckloads of gold ready to spend.

Where did they get it?

There’s the SNAFU.