GDKP has ruined classic's community

Yeah most runs have 50-60% activity (not DPS) requirements since they get really picky about the carries compared to the buyers. For AQ40 and Naxx I have had to submit essentially an application as a carry to show that I can actually do the job of carrying and do so with enough oomph to make the runs smooth. Buyers on the other hand just need to:

• Don’t wipe us
  • Don’t go AFK

And that’s it.

/shrug

The one I go to is basically, if you are buying there are no requirements. But if you want to be paid out you have to parse within 70% of the top dpser, and healers within 50% of the top healer - with some leeway for utility roles (warlock tanks, dispelling, ect). Lots of leeway, and pretty chill overall.

I’ve even snagged a few pieces for cheap even as a carry

It’s the gold buying, keeping the bots in the market that’s the issue. Was literally told I’d have to go buy gold in order to attend, as I didn’t have 2k to bring. I just wanted to see the content and meet people.

1 Like

Yeah see when I hear about “requirements” I’ve never even seen them enforced strictly. Someone getting smashed on the pull because a Tank missed an assignment would obviously ruin a parse, especially for 70% of top because… phew… pulling 700-900 DPS is rough if you’re fresh into Naxx for example.

Yeah, most tanks are are guild carries for the guild doing the gdkp so they get paid regardless + payment for flasks.

1 Like

If you can’t get 2k gold without buying it that’s a you problem.

1 Like

Yeah I might not be seeing it as much because I only play Tanks and Healers, and my Mage has just enough BWL-level stuff to not get sniffed at, but yeah I haven’t seen issues with it.

Naxx GDKP is obviously a different beast because you have to expect bad play so you have to demand extra consumables and such.

Yeah I’ve only seen 2-3 strong Naxx GDKPs, 1 actually clears

1 Like

Yeah, behind closed doors away from public view, this is how the system works. A lot of people are buying gold because they’ve realized they can get away with it and Blizzard won’t crack down on them.

Granted, people still run the risk, but given the fact that bot accounts are still very much an active part of any server, those risks are taken for the sake of being able to clear end-game content.

It’s a bizarre thing that people are turning to essentially cheating or relying on a system that uses cheaters to “win” the game. I wonder how many guilds have actually cleared Naxxramas on the backs of their own people farming the mats in the world, making the flasks, dropping heads, etc. and not on GDKP revenue used to buy whatever they need all the time.

Could you know…join a guild and clear naxx.

And sell goods and services for gold.

Wild I know.

Oh, smacks head now it all makes sense!

I’ll go and do that right now. The answer was right in front of me the whole time!

Yep, chances are you are too lazy to do it.

Or he was being sarcastic. :woman_shrugging:

GDKP saved me from that trash loot system brought over from that fail Retail game. “Loot Council” , outa here, GDKP til the day I die. Forever.

GDKP > All other loot systems. No one wants to get screwed over in gear for months because your GM is playing “lets give my personal friends loot first” . No, GDKP is where the Gold talks, and that makes things simple.

On my server pretty much any BWL/AQ40/Naxx GDKP requires you to do 40-50% of the top dps’ damage for the total raid (logs are cut up to exclude things like supp room/bug tunnel). Its usually fine even for alts but occasionally you do get warriors with almost full bis and full world buffs going to BWL trying to cut people out of the pot. About half the MC runs have a cutoff as well.

20 mans usually don’t have a cutoff which makes ZG the best early gdkp to be in for gold especially if you find the ones with idols going for 1.5k+.

That would just screw with my head. Like telling me to stop at a 2-mile marker on a 5-mile running competition so that I can “feel” like I’m racing everyone else.

Yeah that’s just silly because no way in hell is someone trying to gear up in BWL stuff (so they’re in blues and ZG/MC items) going to keep pace with BiS, full consumes, full wbuff DPS on a run where the Raid Leader explicitly doesn’t necessitate any of those things.

I’ll poke around the MC/BWL GDKPs this week and see if I can find any like this, but if they exist that’s probably a reason I don’t actually know of them since that would be wildly unpopular.

I guess he is on the wrong server.
We’ve been able to get new recruits for raids.

this varies wildly from server to server

This is every gdkp on my server, but the standard is 60%