GDKP has ruined classic's community

You are pathetic, just stop.

You’ve never even been to a GDKP, you have no idea what they’re really like, you watched a click bait video made by a guy who gets paid to get an emotional reaction from simple minded idiots like yourself and uses isolated incidents to overblow everything out of proportion so now dumbasses like yourself think every GDKP has a Gressil selling for 200k and DFTs going for 100k, that doesn’t happen, that isn’t the normal.

1 Like

He’s going to play evasive now.

1 Like

Oh? Have you watched anyone buy gold?

I’ve seen a lot of people farm gold.

If you guys hate illicit gold so much you should probably just quit the game now because pretty much everything you buy in this game was made illicitly.

If you use the Auction House at all you are just as much guilty as the person receiving a split in a GDKP.

1 Like

Perhaps, on YOUR Server. Not my Server. Regardless, we’re talking about the Gold Buying “benefitting” from the “ignorance”. Or, that innocent players taking said gold “without question” are “benefitting” from said market. When that does not matter, AT ALL.

The only thing that matters are people buying the gold. Gold buying can be used for literally ANYTHING, in this game. NOT just GDKP. Removing GDKP does NOT (let me repeat that, for you) does NOT erase the Gold buying market. Gold has other means than simply GDKP runs.

And, I (probably, I still can’t say FOR SURE) have benefitted (too, probably) simply because IDK where that gold came from, from the person buying my stuff in the AH. Again, it does NOT (I repeat, does NOT) matter, who’s “benefitting” from the market. The problem is the market, itself, period!

I don’t know this. Just like we don’t know if people are actually buying gold or not. Regardless, I benefit in BOTH areas. Hence why anyone benefitting from anything, does NOT (I repeat, does NOT) matter! People buying the gold are the problem.

Not the people who aren’t, even if they benefit (and, they can benefit from this OUTSIDE of GDKP) from it, are NOT the problem and will NEVER be the problem. The people buying the gold are and ALWAYS have been.

Maybe for YOU. But not for ME, if I THINK (keyword) something fishy is going on, I’ll write a ticket about it. I’m not defeated just because bans aren’t going out as often as I would like them to be. I don’t care for GDKP. I’ll never join GDKPs.

I’m not defeated because some (not all) players are buying out their Gear. To me (even if the Gold Buying market was completely eliminated), I think those people are just wasting their gold. It’s not my problem, if they want to waste their gold. As long as I feel like I’m not wasting my gold, I’m happy.

I’m not complaining about GDKP. I’ll write up a Ticket, if I happen to see something fishy, but I’m definitely not complaining. I’m not feeding, anything. Unless you want me to just stop using the AH “JUST IN CASE” the buyer MAY (keyword) be buying Gold, please :roll_eyes:

Yup, he’s also cutting up responses for reasons I don’t quite understand. Probably trolling at this point because he doesn’t know how to respond.

It’s fine, I think the point has been made clearly for anyone else reading.

No, you’re part of the problem. Your refusal to acknowledge it is why bots aren’t gone. Bots rely on your ignorance and so do players who buy gold online. It’s why the system works so well.

Exactly

Well, as long as you feel good about screwing over your community, everything is fine, right?

Bots rely on first blizzard not banning them then people buying gold.

Talk to blizzard about your problem.

No, I am NOT part of the problem. I do NOT participate in buying gold. So, again, is YOUR solution this:

Is that what you’re HONESTLY telling me?

You know, it’s funny because you complain about Ziryus (sorry to name drop) about:

When you’re doing EXACTLY the same thing to me. Probably because:

Guaranteed that’s NOT what I said. But, I want you to tell me, and others reading, YOUR solution to the Gold Buying market.

I said that I do NOT participate in GDKPs. I have, however, utilized the AH. Is YOUR solution is for EVERYONE to stop using the AH? Even if we all just stop using the AH, I think that would provide MORE incentive for players to benefit from Gold Buying services because now you just cut a BIG portion of legit gold making business. More incentive to buy Gold, to purchase Mounts, Spells & Abilities, Professions, etc.

Bots have no incentive not to stop because of people like you. Blizzard has no incentive to stop them since the current player-base actively and passively accepts them as a resource.

Why do you think I have ever bought gold?

The way I’ve best seen it put is, “I didn’t cheat! I just benefited from cheaters!”

1 Like

the problem is that GDKP is the best gold per hour aside from boosting, and all you do is complete a raid, which most people like

i’m wondering how prevalent they’ll be in TBC.

1 Like

The only point you have made is that you have a moral dilemma with GDKP and that you believe yourself to be the authority on what is right and wrong in this game and that anyone that doesn’t subscribe to your code of ethics is a cheater.

The fact there are so many here with conflicting code of ethics and you refuse to see anything beyond your own dim perspective proves you are not the sole authority of justice and that your knowledge in the matter is not all fathomable and you actually know very little as a matter of fact.

The fact you have no idea or problem with any other facet of gold selling outside of GDKPs is further proof your anger is only fuelled by your own jealousy or some other conflicting code of ethics (most likely an aversion to players purchasing gear full stop regardless of where the gold came from).

Wake up, and realise this problem is all encompassing and goes far beyond GDKPs and that GDKPs by themselves are not the root cause of the problem and treating them as such will never cause the problem to be removed.

The lack of rule enforcement by those charged with the maintenance of said rules is the source of the problem and is where your anger should be directed, but many people have already stated this fact to you multiple times and you have ignored it over and over.

This leads many to believe you don’t actually care about the problems of gold selling at all and all this huffing and buffing about GDKPs being a problem actually comes from a place of dishonesty and pure jealousy due to it being a market you yourself are currently incapable of breaking into which causes you to consciously or unconsciously lash out at those who are currently involved.

4 Likes

Correct. This is why folks who are like, “Well not everyone does it,” aren’t seeing the forest for the trees.

You seem mad you are too lazy to run GDKP’s yourself.

2 Likes

Well put!

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/gz8xwy/rmt_and_botting_from_a_chinese_perspective/

One of the private servers, Kronos, has a long history of GDKP abuse. Among other things, this is some of what folks were talking about back in 2018:

"One of the strongest claims against GDKP is that it inadvertently encourages players to purchase gold as a means to quickly gear up or gain an edge over others. The system is a competitive one, where the entirety of the loot decisions is purely based on who has more gold. Players who otherwise would not buy gold may feel more tempted to buy, which potentially risks the integrity of the player as well as well as strengthens gold-sellers.

The waters may become muddy when you have players potentially lending each other gold (in high amounts not normally seen) to participate with and in GDKP runs. On K1 we saw many players (including myself) who had alts played by other players who were given gdkp ending gold to their mains as compensation. This is potentially dangerous because it is using gold to pay others to complete a service in-game that may be hard to moderate (i have never heard this it is only an assumption)."