GDKP has ruined classic's community

Sorry, but I earned my gold legitimately and I do not care for kissing some raid leader’s butt, playing nice, or w/e else you need to do to get a drop with these loot councils run by teenagers. See…I can generalize too.

Well, the ability to generalize is necessary for these forums anyway. You can’t be too specific about these things because you run the risk of calling certain individuals out for their behavior. So a lot of what’s talked about is fairly limited here.

Thankfully, Keldryd has provided links to MMO-Champion where people speak quite freely about their illegal behavior because they know they won’t suffer any repercussions for it here.

Human Male laugh intensifies

GDKPs are just a way for people to launder their bought gold

No, you didn’t farm the 45,000g you just dropped on Iblis

2 Likes

Since classic has launched I have just over 86500 lasher kills in Dire Maul east.

Lasher Root - 2 average drop - 17s each - 5% drop rate - 1470g
Thorny Vine - 30s - 3% - 778g
Serrated Petal - 60s - 1.8% - 934g

3182g I generated out of thin air just by farming lashers and vendoring the greys.

Now this doesn’t take into account all the other herbs/greens/greys/blues/epics farmed in Dire Maul east or the raw silver drop from Satyrs (1-3g each run) or runecloth or Run Tunn Tubers or anything, it’s just raw gold from one source.

On average I generate ~100g from 5x Dire Maul East runs before auction house. That is just vendoring greys/greens and bandages.

Gold comes from playing the game. Bots have to play the game to generate gold, you have to play the game to generate gold

People the play the game more have more gold unless they are wasting it on stupid purchases.

And hey guess what the vast majority of GDKP’s don’t see items going for that much gold.

noooo, no wat at all.

this is true, rarely make more than 100g a run these days

I know it’s so sad. And all the people doing the runs are buying gold and blizzard does nothing about it. the tbc is looking it’s going to be the same thing

2 Likes

I mean can you blame people for joining gdkp the only other real option in guilds you see are all loot council and then maybe a EP/GP that hasn’t cleared sapphiron. Good luck getting anything this late in classic with loot council.

1 Like

Games been out for going on 2 years and people think its impossible for characters to have 10,000g, only because they probably got 42g across all their characters cause they jump around stormwind all day while hating on rich characters on the forums.

1 Like

So, 3200g in 2 years.

And how does it make you feel to know that people are dropping up to 60x that much on items in GDKPs?

Again, where is that gold coming from?

1 Like

In other words: “Socializing with other people is too difficult!”

I thought this might be relevant:

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/wow-tokens.274288/

Some interesting takes:

“I have only bought wow tokens with my accounts and bot using my own profiles. I have yet to get banned. I doubt theres any tricks to it.”

“When i bought the tokens with all my accounts a few days ago and redeemed them, all of them got banned”

“Buying gametime tokens with botted or bought gold is high risk. and they will not consider any unban requests.”

“I think their bot detection is really !@#$ right now. I just got back into it and to test the waters, I botted 24 hours for 6 days straight before the account was banned. Also in their email it was stated that I was reported by another player. I doubt WoW tokens are what they’re using to catch anyone.”

Your logs sure speaks volumes about your socialization.

This is an alt. I use him for making salt every 3 days.

Keldryd, here something that might interest you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/gz8xwy/rmt_and_botting_from_a_chinese_perspective/

Here’s something that caught my eye:

"In February, NetEase decided to release WoW Token on all Chinese classic realms. This action caused Chinese gold price to plummeting to an abysmal level. With gold price plummeting, many gold farmers decide to migrate to U.S. and E.U. servers. They targeted all high population realms like Herod, Faerlina and Whitemane. I once had a conversation with a gold seller. He told me that Chinese gold price is around 0.05 RMB (roughly 0.007 USD) while U.S. gold price is around 0.40 RMB (roughly 0.056 USD). So, he is making 7 times more than he makes on Chinese realms.

Most these gold sellers have two accounts. One mage for selling boosts during peak hours. One hunter to solo DMN during off-peak hours. They can roughly make 5000g to 8000g a week depends on their luck. Then they sell these gold for a few hundred bucks each week. During march, the demand for gold was so high that you have to preorder to buy gold from these gold farmers."

1 Like

100% agree. Like you said…we are observing (a concept Owns doesn’t seem to understand) organized guilds and pugs going full on easy-mode, buddy-buddy GDKP rather than raid “legitimately.” It is like witnessing a crime. I may not be able to prove all the details…but for goodness sake, it is rampant to the point that it is obvious and you honestly NEED them to keep up. Much like bought gold. But yes you are on point Elffy. SMH. GDKP is a form of raid, and when gold as a currency for gear so much as competes with guild run raids…it could not be more obvious that its a problem.

Right on again, Mobikon. Gold sellers undercut Blizzard in the RMT market. You can compare and contrast online. Even with a “new” TBC token, GDKP is so rampant that people who attend are going to mostly-Asian farmers for the lowest possible prices. Yep, in retail people still buy gold under retail prices. Gold buying is hard to eradicate, but GDKP is easy to nip in the bud. GDKP would not be rampant in the TBC / Wrath days. I have heard of a lot of raid modes, but personally, had never heard of GDKP back then. The reason that is is because it wasn’t rampant then. It is now. Hugely. Eclipsing the reason to run as a guild or pug (pugs are virtually dead outside of GDKP). It wasn’t a subject then. Now we are talking about people transferring all the gold they need for an entire TBC experience at one time. Insane. Right on again, Mobikon.

Quite right, but people are still calling this gold laundering better than gold buying? You can’t advertise gold sales in trade, but you can advertise GDKPs. And there are $ bought GDKPs just as there are purchases of gold. Gold farmers (bots or Chinese mass farmers (bots aren’t the only ones, and farming in a Chinese sweatshop was one of the reasons Blizzard banned so often back in the day)) --> Gold Buyers --> GDKP --> More gold demand and the farming intensifies as gold inflates. Right on Halite. You would think it’d be so obvious to everyone.