GDKP Ban Lifted

Dudes can’t understand that there is an objective difference between the AH, a system that gold buyers sometimes engage in, and GDKP, a system that REQUIRES gold buyers as a premise for its entire existence.

We’ve already established the primary motivation of GDKP was the fat pot of gold at the end; one which would not exist without a constant influx of gold.

you appear to be describing yourself. are you aware?

objectively false. see point above.

The problem is that it is a disease vector for RMT gold.

And when more people have RMT gold from running GDKP with RMT Andies then more people can pay stupid amounts of gold for consumes and everything else. (Like why Flasks in Era cost an Epic Mount per for quite a while. GDKP’ers could afford it due to months/years of buying MORE RMT gold and injecting it into the economy via GDKP. Now they’re back to ONLY being 500+g each.)

That’s why I do not want GDKP in the game with me.

Let’s do it “Oversimplified” for the sake of wall of text.
RMTer has 1000g
10 Raiders without RMT/GDKP have 100g and have to farm/profession for me.

Consumes for 2g per vs 0.5gold per

2g per Consume:
RMT’er can buy consumes at 2 gold per because 20g from 1000 is nothing.
10 Guild/Pug Raiders with 100g aren’t going to pay 2g per because 20g from 100 is a BIG chunk to spend bi-weekly. It’s not sustainable.

0.5g Per Consume:
RMT’er can buy consumes at 0.5 gold per because 5g from 1000 is nothing.
10 Guild/Pug Raiders with 100g are going to pay 0.5g per because 5g from 100 is not a big chunk to spend bi-weekly. It can be pretty well maintained from casual professions/farming/questing/dungeons.

So a consume seller trying to sell 2g per consume will get 1/11 sales…
But a consume seller trying to sell 0.5g per consume will get 11/11 sales.
0.5 wins.

NOW let’s put GDKP in the mix.
10 GDKP raiders with 200 gold each from their GDKPs. (RMT 1000/10 through GDKP cut + Initial 100)
1 RMT’er with 1000g (he’s always going to buy more)

2g per Consume:
RMT’er can buy consumes at 2 gold per because 20g from 1000 is nothing.
10 GDKPs with 200g are going to pay 2g per because 20g from 200 is not as big of a chunk to spend bi-weekly, and is quite literally sustained by GDKPs flowing in cuts of RMT gold.
11/11 sales at 2g.
2g Consumes wins

Why would sellers go for 0.5 instead of 2g when there’s enough GDKP laundered RMT gold to sustain 2g prices? (And how are people not doing RMT/GDKP meant to compete?)

This has been an oversimplified version of why GDKP is a RMT Laundering Racket that makes normal pugs/guild runs not sustainable due to how much RMT gold is injected.

And also why the argument of “RMT is still here so GDKP ban failed” is still a bad argument.

Different Cultures are different? Yikes

Couldn’t the person with 1000g just buy all (or 20 raiders worth in this example) the .5g consumes and repost them for a profit? They could gain their 20g worth of consumes required for the raid and resell 19 raiders worth to cover that cost + profit.

Who’s going to buy them?

(If they’re not selling for the inflated price…they’re not selling.)

People who still want to raid?

If they don’t sell they can use them.

And cannot afford the Consumes?

Guess they’ll raid without the consumes.

(I cannot believe I need to explain “pricing yourself out of the market.”)

He could resell them for lower than 2g? Even at .6g he makes a profit.

Are they unable to buy the consumes for a slightly higher rate, or does it need to be 4x?

I mean, sure he could? They might be able to buy at 0.6.

But he still has to contend with a price cap from the majority of the population, since they’re not being inflated by GDKP.

Because he’s the only buyer in the market all of a sudden?

People 100% will buy consumes they see cheap and resell them, or use them.

The problem is the person with the 1000g and how they obtained it. They can influence the market a variety of ways.

He’s the only buyer able to afford 2g consumes… (Did you miss the 1/11 sales?)

Unless GDKP is involved (where he inflates everyone else while buying his gear and then the GDKPers can afford the 2g per…) Hence why it’s a gold laundering racket.

Why does the price jump from .5g to 2g?

Could he not become another seller in the market and adjust to the demands?

Because it can be afforded by GDKP population.

WHY am I having to explain this? Are you that math illiterate or are you just coping hard here?

Rofl because you’re looking at in a vacuum which it’s not.

The 1000g is the issue, not the GDKP.

This was all demonstrated in the simplified example. Go back and reread.

I’ll answer your question when you have a good one.

You’re also stating that raiders in GDKP spend more freely than others all of a sudden.

When 20% of their budget is way to much but 10% isn’t all of a sudden.

And as if a market doesn’t exist between 20-10%.

Most raiders in a GDKP are stingy.

You’re making sweeping assumption about spending power and strategies when players come into a little more gold.

How could the person with 1000g not buy 800g worth of the consumes at .5g and resell them at .6g, when does that stop? How many 1000g players does it take for that amount to reach 2g?

looks at Era prices

Yeah, no I’m not.

Come back when you have an argument.

1 Like

How could the person with 1000g not buy 800g worth of the consumes at .5g and resell them at .6g, when does that stop, .7g, .8? How many 1000g players does it take for that amount to reach 2g?

How does the whole market get to 2g because of one gdkp group? You’re using a population of 20 against market rates, it doesn’t make sense.

It would be a disaster if they reversed it. What they’d be saying is that they’re ok with RMT. They’re ok with gold buying and its negative effects on the game.

Aggrend has already confirmed GDKPs and RMT are linked. That players use GDKPs to launder money. That the loot system degrades the social structure of the game.

Now they’re gonna turn around and say…”Oh well, never mind.”

What a horrible look that would be. And the bots and gold buyers would be completely emboldened.

2 Likes