GDKP Ban Lifted

In Taiwan. Not sure how it’s consistent with the “pillars of WoW” to have different community rules market to market, especially when there’s no government involvement like the corpse difference.

21 Likes

Amazing value added to the conversation, I take it your warlock is on vacation?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they reverse it all around. It was an experimental change for SoD anyway and the Classic Community did turn GDKP into the main form of pugging for a reason. Can’t take the main pug ruleset away and not expect people to quit in masse. Just join a guild if you don’t like it.

25 Likes

Weird to see two seperate rule sets, but it would be a shame to see them allow it again.

9 Likes

What all these accounts talking about Taiwan?

2 Likes

yea, the illicit 3rd party gold sellers are really mad about the gdkp ban. they are trying hard to ruin sod.

25 Likes

Can you not read?

1 Like

:+1:

The community has spoken.

If you want to grey parse, join a guild or farm some gold, because no one wants to carry you in a random MS OS.

Blizzard listened to the vocal minority and made a mistake. It’s that simple.

18 Likes

who cares, go play on their server if you want gdkp

18 Likes

我根本不会说中文,但是谷歌翻译很有趣。

4 Likes

This makes the GDKP ban in NA and EU even more tone deaf and cringe than it was before. I didnt think it was possible to be more cringe but here we are.

16 Likes

Someone in another thread said it was because of some law in Taiwan that they couldn’t ban it. Hence why it’s allowed there.n

5 Likes

Or ya know, people who enjoy GDKPing because we like making gold and playing with competent players rather than going to pugs and carrying noobs for free. GDKP is one of the most popular formats of raiding in the entirety of WoW for a reason, and it has very little to do with “gold selling”. Maybe 1 person in every 25 man wotlk gdkp is a gold buyer, the rest are real players who used their mains to carry GDKPs to fund their alts.

8 Likes

Gold selling is a pillar of the chinese economy; banning it would lead to the starvation of millions and destabilize geoeconomic politics worldwide.

12 Likes

You 're bringing false information. They didn’t ban GDKP in Taiwan and the post is an announcement about they “don’t have any plan to implement GDKP restriction in Taiwan servers”.
So, it 's not “lifted” at all.

5 Likes

I thought Chinese servers for wow didn’t exist anymore. Confused

1 Like

Yeah, you make all your gold from a handful of people who buy a ton of gold and spread it amongst your raid.

Yes, again this is the problem; you are openly admitting to making gold by carrying gold buyers.

You are openly admitting to carrying people who buy gold, against the ToS, and rationalizing that YOU are not breaking the ToS by accepting that gold and using it for your own purposes simply because you are one transaction removed from the real money purchase, and think that absolves you of any wrong doing.

If you guys get banned you fully deserve it.

18 Likes

We have no proof that they buy gold. So I am not openly admitting anything. A GDKP raid could be full of 100% people who earned their gold legitimately and you’d still scream at the top of your lungs WAAAAAAAAAAAH GDKP WAAAAAAAAAAH GOLD BUYERS WAAAAAAAAAAH even though in reality GDKP does not affect your gameplay one bit and you just like to sit on your little hill and virtue signal like some weirdo

13 Likes

If you’re gonna virtue signal here, you gotta hold that stance everywhere. Don’t shy away from being a little purist.
Also I hope you realize, all the gold sellers on NA servers are primarily chinese/vietnamese/taiwanese/venezuelan and they sell gold to feed their families and keep their lights on, so if you’re going to argue in favor of GDKP there because it would lead to starvation, then you have to do the same in NA/EU.

2 Likes

Yeah, send that to Blizzard when they ban you. Just like all your buds who are making up stuff like “WE JUST DID A REGULAR RAID AND AN ITEM DROPPED THAT I NEEDED AND MY FRIEND ACCIDENTALLY PICKED IT UP SO HE COD’D IT TO ME FOR 60G THAT HE NEEDED TO BORROW AND WAS GONNA PAY ME BACK I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY I WAS BANNED FOR GDKP BLIZZ IS TRASH”

6 Likes