GDKP Ban Lifted

But what if Timmy gets a Gut Ripper?

How does that work in your little Timmy example?

More tu quoque fallacy. “I know what i’m doing is objectively bad but here’s some other bad stuff that is allowed so I should be allowed to do GDKP.”

3 Likes

You’re entirely wrong though. The incentive of GDKP for most people is this: I ran with my guild and got full BiS. Now I want a reason to log into that character, so i will take it to a GDKP and carry so less geared people can pay me for my time, and I can then use my gold that i make on my main to fund my alts.

Before RMT ever comes into the picture, this is the mindset of GDKP. Incentivizing people to log in on their fully geared characters. Incentivizing people to make alts. GDKP as a system would be 100% functional without RMT ever finding its way in. RMT just finds its way in because it finds its way into every aspect of the game.

2 Likes

100%. I never ran any GDKPs until Classic Era because I had a decked out mage just chilling.

“Prove to me that GDKPs have RMT involved!”

Now we’ve moved on to:

If GDKPs do involve RMT then it’s not that big of a deal.

We’re moving right down the stages of grief.

1 Like

“Murder is everywhere! If you don’t want murder to be a problem, you better just get rid of all humans! Banning murder doesn’t solve anything!”

3 Likes

Just skipping over my question then huh?

Sometimes I despair for humanity.

3 Likes

You’re an idiot. There is no getting through to people like you. The point we are making is that GDKP is not INHERENTLY BAD. Just like normal raiding or playing the game or using the AH isnt INHERENTLY BAD. If we ban anything that CAN BE BAD because RMT exists, you would have to remove ALL the systems from WoW. No trading. No Auction House. No Mailing. And even then people would just pay someone cash on a boosting website to funnel them gear.

2 Likes

it’s not happening

okay it’s happening a little but not enough to make a difference

okay it’s happening a lot but it’s a good thing

Yeah it’s always the same argument path with these bad actors.

1 Like

Now that my guild helped my character get BiS I don’t care about helping them any longer.

4 Likes

Proving you’re an idiot even more.

1 Like

Here is a Haiku about GDKPs from an AI for this occasion:

GDKPs rise,
Economy in flux,
Blizzard’s challenge looms

1 Like

Why can’t you answer my question? Are you incapable?

Or the entire guild got bis and is no longer raiding because they are waiting for the next phase. Ever think about that? You and Sacrilesia literally jump to every extreme possible to push your garbage agenda. People like you need to never reproduce. Then again, that won’t be a problem, basement dweller virgins don’t have to worry about that.

1 Like

What question did you have?

Reposting for reference.

If Timmy didn’t have 200 gold just appear as a gift then Timmy is fine.

The seller isn’t at fault in that scenario.

How can Timmy be sure the Gut Ripper he sells for closer to 2000g isn’t bought with illegal gold?

1 Like

Yes it is. I can make a strong argument for it being inherently bad.

Here is a hypothetical. Blizzard leans into it an implements it as a feature of the game for loot type. The items that drop are bidded on, but here’s the catch. When purchased that gold is removed from the game entirely.

It’d have a 0% participation rate, because no one who obtains gold legitimately is going to pay the game for items they could easily get for free. If you guys are arguing that it’s not gold buyers driving GDKP, then this game mode should work for everyone, no?

No, the only reason you’re there is to line your pockets with gold purchased through a credit card.

2 Likes