GDKP Ban Lifted

Underworld Band is pretty expensive…(not that I think people are paying that)

but Assault Band (7Stam 20AP) is still only going for for 53g.

Thunderbrow ring was still going for 70 gold 2 days before P2… (back when GDKPs were still a thing) During the height of P1, Thunderbrow was going for 150+ gold.

Sickle Axe is going for cheaper than Axe of the Enforcer was in P1… and we had LESS gold opportunity then. (Outside of GDKP)

Heaven’s light was going for 300-400g in the first week of P2, but it seems the GDKP money has run out and the RMTers have all theirs because it’s going for 95g now, despite being Pre-Bis on the current FOTM: Shaman.

China hasn’t invaded Taiwan yet.

Where did ANYONE say it CREATED gold? No one did. That’s not the issue and never was.

Nice strawman attempt lol.

GDKP promotes RMT, Blizzard already confirmed this.

GDKPs allow players to BUY gear with real money.

Buy UNEARNED GEAR. It essentially turns every item into BoEs which was NEVER the design intention.

The AH promotes RMT. I’m not ignorant enough to the situation to require a confirmation to this either.

AH also allows players to BUY gear with real money.

1 Like

Era is also extremely late stage and has been ridden with bots for extended periods of time. Again, GDKPs or not things would be horribly inflated.

I mean Era has been pretty dead as of late and for someone whose been eyeing Edgemasters they’ve almost doubled in price since SoD.

I can’t think of a situation where 500-1000g Flasks would be sustainable for any player that doesn’t involve RMT Gold, let alone enough players that it would be the base price for all of them on the market.

For a while, Major Mana Pots were more than 50g.

Era is more expensive than Wrath

1 Like

how desperate the cheaters are getting. This ban is the one most successful rule Blizzard has initiated as an experiment. It will expand to the rest of the servers and I understand that your 5k a week revenue screwing up my game might ruin you but it will make me grin ear to ear.

Flask are a funny item. I never used flask until I raided in GDKPs. I also haven’t progressed any further in GDKP or non GDKP format. AQ40 is the max, just never saw a lot of appeal from Naxx 40.

During Classics first run a lot of folks weren’t buying flask because 100g is still a steep price for a consumable in Classic.

Remember when I said distribution of gold isn’t always bad? Not only can I flask for every raid now, but I’m also getting to the point where I could buy Edgemasters and have money left over.

All because of GDKPs.

It’s funny because only when flasks are realistically used by a minority or RMT players it’s not an issue, but when the masses can afford flask it is.

You probably couldn’t afford it. (Which is reasonable.)

Where do you think the seed money for those GDKPs came from?

(I quit era when a guildie bought DFT for 63,000 gold. That’s more gold than I’ve had across all of my characters from C2019 through Wrath, combined- and as far as I know, he didn’t buy gold directly, he just got it through GDKP.)

Whales. Considering I know a fella with 1400 Black Lotus some people are amazing at gathering gold in this game.

RMT for GDKP isn’t sustainable. Unless you’re constantly swiping you can’t do it. You’ll swipe for other things like investing that money in consumes or other factors to get you into a GDKP (starting capital) so you can bid low and walk away with a cut.

Again, the real issue is bots. RMT wouldn’t be as lucrative if the bots didn’t have so much gold for low prices and as accessible as it is.

1 Like

What’s stopping them from doing so?

Righttttttttttttt. One Blizzard can control, one they can monitor.

Removing GDKPs allows for Blizzard to focus more on RMT via other methods.

Piss off with your RMT, GDKP loving garbage. You have no place here in SoD. Go elsewhere and swipe away.

Try building a damn name for yourself, join a REAL guild and EARN your gear like MMOs were designed for.

Again, most people doing GDKPs aren’t even buyers. So the majority of RMT players aren’t just swiping to spend. They swipe to invest.

Why swipe for 1000g to spend it all, when I can use it on the AH, double it, and not have to spend more RMT?

That’s a bit like blaming the coca plant for Cartels.

It’s just there. It only become coveted because of …the demand.

Bots are the issue and saying anything but the sort is deflecting for the billion dollar company.

RMT wouldn’t be an issue if the bots didn’t make the gold so cheap.

How many crying posts later and GDKPs are still banned lil bro.

LOL you lost. You aren’t getting GDKPs.

Post until your fingers bleed, it won’t matter.

I don’t even care to do GDKPs. Keep giving me attention though.

And then sell the gold for real money.

Ohh look. More RMT.

I know players personally in Era who sold gold to their buyers, those same buyers would give them the gold back in the next GDKP run, the carries would then sell that gold again.

You want GDKPs back because they killed a source of revenue for you. That’s all.

LOOK AT THE BACK PEDDLE! :rofl:

(Fixed that for you.)

Having a constant gold sink directly related to player power that is ONLY acquirable by gold is another issue. Just as large or larger- or at least it was until it was banned for the phase. (Hopefully forever)

Bots are the issue. Again, don’t deflect for a billion dollar company. It looks pathetic.

If RMT wasn’t cheap, players wouldn’t do it.