GDKP ban, good or bad for the community

Yeah, I wanted to make sure it sold, so I cut the price to about half of the “trending” rate.

(That trending rate being the some total of gold one would get for doing all of the level 20+ quests in Barrens, ST, and Hillsbrad combined, and maybe even some of Ashenvale at level cap.)

No, that’s Era… where Flasks cost 700-1000g.

Stage 4 GDKP.

Yeah pretty much what it seems like. Before farm spots were nerfed, I was making like 20g an hour dotting everything in metamorph. That can also be a price reducer, hard to get raw gold now too, outside of alts quests.

Which is what keeps consume prices somewhere near normal.

Agi pots are going for 20s. Not enough people can afford 12g Agi pots because the server is fresh-ish so they’re not priced there yet.

(Classic Era GDKP haven has Major Mana Pots going for 54g last I checked.)

1 Like

Yeah, only people who want the 99 parses spend that money lol. Lesser mana pots for 10s good by me.

1 Like

I’m hoping suppression of GDKP will keep the inflation rate slow.

I hope so too. I also hope it brings guilds, and guild rivalries back. GDKP straight up killed the social aspect of classic.

1 Like

That was literally the second thing mentioned in my guild discord after the announcement of the P2 GDKP ban. “Maybe there’ll be more candidates trying to raid as a guild and we can fill out more groups!”

(Admittedly the first thing ment[ioned was a collective chuckle and panning to the forums to watch the fireworks.)

The ban has introduced toxicity yes. But it hasn’t taken place in-game yet. Once we reach phase 2 and the ban starts, all the GDKP players will quit (or continue playing, trying to circumvent the rules, and get banned). And you will find the toxicity goes back down to 0 because they’re no longer complaining on the forums about it since they have long since quit.

If my community you’re including the forum trolls, I’d say it’s a windfall for them.

To be fair dude, the anti GDKP people are being just as toxic.

I’m gonna give you a neutral leaning visual on the situation-I just run with the guild and ML, and ms os on our alt runs.

Surely the gdkp ban has caught some rmt people off guard, but there’s people that do gdkp who also don’t buy gold.

I personally don’t run gdkps just cause I run with the same ppl every server. It is my personal opinion that, even if RMT was completely wiped off the map in wow, these same players would still hate GDKP

I think the biggest drive is personal disdain and then the hate for rmt after.

Anti gdkp folks, instead of taking their W, have grown into a frenzied blood cult. Look at Reddit, look at these forums. It’s no longer about a decision for them, it’s personal hatred. This frenzy has only taken place and is growing to the point of people taking personal time out of their day to “go stalk those discords” or sniff around different pug group’s purposely searching for people to ban.

Just take the W and move on and play the game lmao. All these head hunters and blood cultists need to come back down to earth.

Personally, I think removing GDKPS and still seeing rmt happen will be their excuse to add the wow token to sod (and what better a perfect time, because wrath and retail players are on sod and are used to the token!)

In other words I would not be shocked in the slightest if the token comes next

No.

No it hasn’t.

I looked up parses last week.

A blue parse is 75th percentle, at least.

I’m not sure how telling someone that they’re in the top 25% of players is an insult.

I think your standards are too high.

Or, maybe, your parses are the only thing in your life you’re proud of?

well, yeah

Would a hug help, friend?

i currently spend 7g per raid and thats only because im using 5 tea per raid.

if i didnt care to tryhard and just ran the basic consumes (lesser agi/ogres) it would cost me less than 1g a raid. so no i dont think consumes were the main driver of RMT… gdkp was/is.

Ketchup! :fries:

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

this better not be a reference to my analogy

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Who cares. Why do we need 30 threads a day about it.

2 Likes