GDKP - “Ultimately this is a test, and if it doesn’t work out, we’ll revisit this policy"

Bumping for visibility.

Bumping to remind everyone that gdkp is garbage and to remind elron that bumping his threads notifies everyone to his behavior rather than there being some sort of unprompted, organized harassment against him.

3 Likes

reposting the facts for everyone.

Again let’s break down the benefits of keeping GDKP’s banned in SoD Here are several compelling reasons why this ban is beneficial for the game and its community:

Preservation of Traditional Guild Structures:

• Community Focus: By keeping GDKP runs banned it helps to maintain the traditional guild and social structures that are central to the spirit of SoD. This encourages players to participate in guild activities and build stronger in-game communities.
  • Fair Play: It reduces the “arms race” effect where players feel pressured to buy gold to compete for the best items.

Reduction of Pay-to-Win Dynamics:

• Balanced Gameplay: By keeping GDKP runs removed, the game becomes less about who can spend the most money and more about skill and teamwork.
  • Less Gold Buying: It discourages the practice of buying gold, which can lead to a healthier in-game economy and reduce the risk of account suspensions for players.

Enhanced Raid Experience:

• Traditional Loot Distribution: Players return to more traditional methods of loot distribution, which can make raids feel more rewarding and fair.
  • Increased Challenge: Without the ability to buy gear, players must rely on their skills and strategies to progress, potentially making the game more challenging and engaging.

Fairness and Equality:

• GDKP runs often favors players with more in-game gold, creating an imbalance where wealthier players could easily outbid others for the best gear. By banning GDKP, Blizzard aims to level the playing field, ensuring that gear acquisition is based more on skill and participation rather than financial resources.

Encouraging Teamwork and Community:

• Traditional raid systems encourage players to work together and support each other to achieve common goals. since GDKP’s have been 86’d, Blizzard is promoting a more collaborative and community-focused environment, which can enhance the overall social experience of the game.

Preventing Exploitation:

• GDKP runs are often exploited by players who used real money to buy in-game gold, violating the game’s terms of service and creating an unfair advantage. The ban helps to curb such exploitative practices and maintain the integrity of the game.

Balancing the Economy:

• The influx of gold from GDKP runs inflate the in-game economy, making it harder for average players to afford essential items. By banning GDKP, Blizzard can help stabilize the economy and make it more accessible to all players.
1 Like

Cool story.

bumping for visibility.

bumping a thread with an alt is against forum tos i believe

1 Like

pugs are absolutely terrible right now. ZG and MC are about to die insanely fast since decent players will just quit running these raids due to lack of incentive. We’re even struggling to fill a BWL pug during release week… Unban GDKP to save the pug scene in sod.

1 Like

any form of bumping is against ToS just mass report this guy He has had MULTIPLE pro GDKP THREADS removed/closed this one should on its way out!!!

or you could always idk JOIN A GUILD??

1 Like

I agree with you they will learn in time or it might be too late.

The amount of raids I see that are partial clears or starting on X,Y,Z boss are insane.

People have no incentive to stay in current pugs.

1 Like

Really? Cuz I don’t see that…at all.

Almost like it fits your narrative.

You only see fresh groups in LFG?

Ummm…yes. LFM MC, LFM BWL, etc

I don’t see LFM MC, starting after Garr. In fact, I don’t know if I have ever seen those.

2 Likes

You haven’t seen any groups that only had Rag left, maybe got stopped at Vael…

Every single group you ever see in LFG is brand freaking new?

Lol, I guess there is no progression.

Isn’t there a thread/bug on how if you come back the next day the trials mess up?

Really reaching to try and use raid prog in the first week of it being out as a reason to bring back GDKP. You guys are insufferable.

Wanna clear the content join a guild!!! GDKP’s are not needed to clear content.

I’m genuinely asking, what numbers? Could you provide a link?

3 Likes

Is ewwron and his band of lackeys still beating this dead horse?

Gotta do something other than play I guess

You still stalking peoples posts harassing em ? here take a report and a profile ignore clap clap.

At this rate ElSpamron will have the entire forums ignored and only posting to himself.

3 Likes