GDKP - “Ultimately this is a test, and if it doesn’t work out, we’ll revisit this policy"

Hoping this will be the next decision you will seriously consider reverting or at least testing for a month or so to see the potential success it will bring to SOD and server growth worldwide.

My mindset has changed on GDKP’s over the course of my wow career.

I first started noticing them at the end of Classic TBC, and they were frequent throughout WOTLK on my server. At first, i would scoff at the idea of ‘paying’ for gear as I was in a consistent raid clearing team.

Over time, people began raid logging or not showing up entirely. At this point, my guild started offering GDKPs for last tier’s content. It was good incentive to show up and make a little extra gold (nothing drastic, maybe 300-1k gold) a week. We actually managed to recruit a few people to the guild and core team this way!

Now, being on the other side of the fence without a solid raiding spot, i long for the chance to find a consistent gdkp pug that i can show up, push my buttons, make some gold and go home. At least that way I know after a handful of raids I would have hopefully started accruing enough to pay for the gear I was after! Unfortunately, I am at the whim of random LFG pugs which are very hit or miss on being able to full clear. At least in a GDKP, you knew the percentage of a full clear was statistically high.

I hope they come back. It’s exactly how I want to make money in this game (I am not interested in running endless daily quests or professions/gathering. I want to RAID!)

1 Like

No, it’s not.
Last year I leveled a rogue in vanilla and if you are a rogue and don’t had 100+k gold for roll on t1 pieces or were not a carrier, you get no invites. Talking by own experience as rogue. Idk about more “useful” classes for raiding.

Pretty much most players experience all end with positives.

The reason they become so popular is because its a great system if it wasn’t then it wouldn’t be popular and nobody would want to do them.

You just have a loud vocal minority crying about them but this is why sod is the only version which banned them they wouldn’t dare do it in any other version and its not even banned in sod taiwan.

This is the next logical step for SOD to take to maintain the playerbase all the way to naxx.

Have got to agree with Elron here. P1 and P2 had the highest surge of players, since GKDPS have been banned P3-P4 has been the weakest.

#bringbackGDKP.

I’ve done gdkp’s the entire time there’s never been in any history of gdkp on oceanic realms and i would imagine NA realms a 100k for a piece of tier 1 you are lying.

Small correction gdkp ban was announced 30th january 2024 p2 was released 8th february 2024 within 1 week of the announcement going into p2 (which should be when more players come back) shadowstrike alone lost 11k players world wide some have said 300k (unsure if true).

What is true a huge amount of players stopped playing at the exact time they announced gdkp bans and it has never recovered to any pre gdkp ban number and gone down ever since.

Like them or not gdkp was a popular raid method incentivized players and kept servers alive and healthy with more active raids and easier access to content.

Yeah, and P3-P4 were the weakest for reasons completely unrelated to the GDKP ban. It’s almost like Blizzard stopped balancing trying and communicating since the end of P2.

gdkps have 0 loot drama, they are easy to run and everyone is rewarded for going, i’d bring them back.

1 Like

And they are full of swipers and laundered gold, and help promote the black market economy.

Banning them is the best decision SoD made, and Blizzard have acknowledged that doing so has made tracing illicit gold much easier.

1 Like

when they banned gdkps I seen people that didnt swipe start swiping cuz they werent making gold and prices on the AH went up, what you say makes no sense.

1 Like

I know at least 2 people who have never bought gold in 20 years of wow who bought gold after the gdkp ban lmao so ironic.

Elron and his army of bots/fake accounts are definitely going to change the developers minds!!!

3 Likes

My friend all my characters have the same name , guild , server there are no fake accounts i just use different characters to post sometimes if you can’t figure out’s me when every single toon i post on has “Elron” at the start of it im not sure what to tell you ?

Shadowstrike proposal for gdkp test in bwl

GDKP’s where a significant cause of RMT. RMT has been a thing since Vanilla.

Here are a few ways to combat RMT

1. Region Lock Servers!!!
  2. Make the servers ANTI VPN
  3. Make warlock summon and Mage spam sales actionable offense.
  4. Real ID account management
  5. Link each account to an IP so if that persons IP address is banned then they cant make a new account.
  6. KEEP GDKP’s BANNED

These are all actions that could and should have been implemented over the last 20 years.

1.Agree
2.Agree
3.Disagree
4.Do not understand this ?
5.Agree if the ban is related to botting/rmt
6.HARD DISAGREE.

Looks like we’ve found common ground make gdkp great again and get rid of rmt/bots hell year brother.

i think good riddance to gdkp and you gold sellers/buyers can go back to retail

3 Likes

Swiper no swiping!

Do not buy gold. Do not Bring back GDKP pay to win

Play a different version of the game if you need to swipe.

2 Likes

Your not forced to “buy gold” Go spend 30 mins and do a round of dailies and youll be set for raids for the week consumes are cheap.

Also GDKP’s was the main cause of RMT because its a PAY TO WIN!!!

Umm last i checked there was only 24 hours in a day so whos the degen now?

i know exactly what consumes cost flask are 18-20g each you need 1
pots are anther 20g for the raid night (at the most) so you’re into raids for 40g for a 2 hr raid

1 round of dailies at BRM even gives you 60g that leaves you with 20g for repairs

Not surprised that someone who thinks there’s 28 hours in a single day can’t do basic addition tho.

[quote=“Dmtwhen-living-flame, post:995, topic:1885545”]
My raids cost over 1200g a week on 2 chars.

Sounds like a personal choice and a confession to buying gold!!! only bad players buy gold!!!