GDKP - “Ultimately this is a test, and if it doesn’t work out, we’ll revisit this policy"

I assume, they like the system because it’s successful and a fun experience…more than SR or MS>OS.

Couple reasons for that:

1. Easier to form because every player in the raid leaves with a payout. The fact that it’s easier to form, means it’s less of an administrative headache…which usually means the raid itself will be successful.
  2. No one leaves empty-handed. It feels incredibly unfair to do SR or MS>OS and see a bad player continually leave with gear over a more deserving person. This is mitigated by the payout, making it feel less bad when you lose gear.
  3. Given you’re competing for whales (gold buyers lol), you try to make your GDKP better. So there is incentive to create good raids.

Pretty much why I like it.

Join a trade chat pug and wait for them to find people, then they get 2 people and 3 people leave lmao…

Gdkps on discords are also scheduled in advance, I can see what runs are happening that week and sign up to the runs I can make.

So there are some GDKP’s that do have a lot of vetting, at which point you’re effectively in a guild run anyways.

But there’s also a lot of people who pug in less vetted groups. And in that context GDKP is simply a better loot method for pugging.

Yes like trade chat gdkps, they typically aren’t very good.

The fully vetted runs that’s are better than most of these peoples guilds are on the discords I’m talking about.

It’s also much easier to sign up for because you see them in advance.

Its always the pro gdkpers that know the price of gold, and how its fluctuating on the different versions. Funny that.

The modular nature of GDKP makes it appealing over an LC system for people’s alts. Tough to commit to guild raid times on alts.

Theoretically there could be scheduled SR and MS>OS runs, but they generally stop after a few weeks when either the organizer gets their loot OR they get burnt from trying to create a pug.

My only problem is the barrier of entry for GDKPs. It can be tough to actually get your alts into a GDKP if you aren’t immediately on top of them at each phase drop. If you get a week or two behind, you’ll be pressured to pay big gold for items or just not brought cause gear is lacking.

I typically find the opposite the later you get into a phase the lower prices tend to get on most items, and groups are just happy to have someone there making the minimum bids instead of items getting sharded.

Yeah I could see that now especially. Basically everyone I play with quit Cata so I’m mostly remembering back to what little I did in TBC GDKP scene.

it was originally an anti-gdkp talking point, so pretty much everyone who regularly visited this forum right after the gdkp ban knows what happened with the gold prices

1 Like

Are peepostab and peeporiot the same person!?!?! So much peepo

the frogs are taking over

1 Like

Look at all these people trying to speak in good faith with peep but getting attacked and scrutinized and dismissed. What a great guy to have a discussion with. So cool. So trust worthy.

No that’s not me.

Also Peepojorts best peepo

I’ve lost track of the peepos sorry. Good luck with sod or Cata?

I’m Peeposcam/Drinknblink

Peeporiot and Peepoclown are same person.

1 Like

I agree with everyone that we need gdkp’s to return.

Get GDKP back and save SOD

1 Like

You used to say that mats each week for a raid were so costly it was a reason why.

Now its “I have more money than jesus, whatevs”

Jesus you are cooked.

Was more speaking about the version of the game that actually has gdkps in it.

I think I even mentioned how much you get for clearing 13/13h.

Glad you took everything out of context.

You wouldn’t know anything about 13/13H tho, it’s too hard for you.

Also I don’t ever recall saying consumes were expensive, the bots keep supply higher than demand, even tho sod is more expensive than cata.

Imagine the version infested with gdkps from launch being cheaper to raid than the version that banned gdkps lmao.

And I was more talking about his point 1 and point 3, the payout was irrelevant like i said previously

Wall of dumb, didnt read.

Thanks for admitting you are there for the money.