GDKP - “Ultimately this is a test, and if it doesn’t work out, we’ll revisit this policy"

I’ve never been a part of any GDKP but why limit the way people like to play? I could careless if someone wants to “buy” thier epic items. Doesnt impact me at all.

Heck half+ the loot from raids goes to the disenchanting anyways, why not get some coin and improve someone elses character abit.

I would support gdkp if blizzard would hire GMs to actively monitor the gold buying and ban rmt/bots more regularly so they weren’t gold buying messes.

You can try to explain it all you want, the AH is still the biggest rmt/bot enabler.

2 Likes

Right now? Yes.

Because GDKP is suppressed/banned. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, it always was even with gdkp.

100% of the player base uses the AH

Bots offload all of their stuff on the AH, bots aren’t selling materials to gdkps.

Atleast be honest.

2 Likes

Sigh… it will impact you and everyone else when everything on the AH costs thousands of gold like in ERA.

1 Like

No likey GDKP, it’s what moved me out of Classic ERA servers and generally most of Classic as it was nothing BUT GDKPs and the AH was insane.

NO GDKP FOR SOD.

4 Likes

Correct, but for consumes and materials with gold they earn.
(They can also RMT, but that would be for the same items people would RMT for in GDKP…and there’s a LOT fewer of those on an AH than come from GDKP raids…)

They’re not selling materials to GDKPers in volume…they’re selling the gold to the GDKP’ers.
(AH doesn’t generate an Arms race like GDKP does…you either afford it and buy it right away, or you go get more gold and come back. Not something you can do in a GDKP… you either afford it or it goes to someone who can. There’s no coming back with more gold for it later.)

1 Like

You only say this because you watch streamers on Youtube mention it, A person called asmongold. You prob a streamer simp but gdpk will just invite gold sellers and trade chat spam! If that is the dream then go for it!

1 Like

They are also selling it to everyone.

Pin pointing only gdkps is just disingenuous.

The AH is leading in rmt and bot sales, it always has.

1 Like

False.

If not for SoD’s Elixir Mastery and more common herbs, SoD consumable prices would already match Era’s.

The most expensive items on Era’s AH? That’s what happens when an MMO economy doesn’t evolve for years, but these items barely affect the majority of the playerbase anyway.

Do you even remember Era’s prices when it was the same age as SoD?

Probably because in GDKPs: the ONLY way to acquire the gear is gold…
(That being why Blizz called that out specifically.)
Whereas with AH items: You can farm them and you can make them. (Or have a guildie make them.)

(And before I get the “but BoEs” argument… there is a LOT more gear dropping from raid in a given month than there are BoEs. Like it’s not even comparable. So even if GDKPs were only 20% of raids…there would still be a LOT more gear sold in GDKPs than sold on the AH.)

You have no data for this…

1 Like

Avoid all common sense when it counters your argument.

Ok champ.

1 Like

Smart men say no.

You arent smart.

1 Like

When you obtain the gold from them, yes.

Because blizzard tells you to

lol k where does Blizzard tell you to track and count all the gold you receive from people

They tell you to be cautious of receiving gold from unknown or random sources and to flat out just not take gold from people you don’t know online. That’s what they’re saying. Do your best to vet, but always err on the side of caution.

You’re lost in your own sauce here. inb4 some attack. I don’t like GDKP, you however are just wrong.

Also AH to GDKP comparisons regarding RMT are off base.

AH is monitored, meaning more likely to get caught. GDKP was not and was a way easier avenue for RMT gold. As small or as large a factor as RMT may be within GDKP runs. Removing GDKP transactions in dungeons makes tracking presumably easier by cutting down on unsupported player transactions.

1 Like

Imagine having a billon dollar company tell you that you have to make sure the gold is legit, like how?

Lmfao

Talk about a cop out.

lol it’s Toughburger. What did you expect? He makes the other Anti-GDKPers look like geniuses.

No matter what side you’re on, even if I wasn’t pro gdkp I would not use that as an argument because it’s stupid and makes 0 sense.

It’s literally just saying that the company responsible for the game isn’t responsible to uphold their TOS it’s the players responsibility lmfao.

Imagine even sticking up for that, idc what side you’re on.