GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

My favorite version of the Joker (and the Batman) was a collection of comic books into the four part graphic novel series “Knightsend”. When the hero’s journey doesn’t have a clean ending for anyone.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen what you are referring to in passing.

Usually with Batman it was always this is never going to end well it wasn’t until the 90s that Batman changed from that darkened sense to a family orientated one(I mean you can go back to the TV series if you like…but even so, he was still darker then than what he was before the revamp/etc.etc.)

But with so many revamps and changes and alterations…it’s hard to know who the hell Bruce Wayne is anymore. I personally didn’t mind the Gotham series, it was a good take on the whole culture of that city. I think they did reasonably well considering.

But there is only so far you can take Batman anyway. Hence why other stories were written :fox_face:

1 Like

never fear a Dracthyr is here

Sort of… :dracthyr_a1:

This thing with Batman and Bruce Wayne was really handled well in the Dark Knight Graphic novel where we have Bruce Wayne in his 60’s, having retired and hating every moment of it. In this case his crusade has turned him into something scarily fascist and has set the stage for a generational transition.

As a male in his 70’s there was a lot of Bruce Wayne’s struggles I can appreciate far more than if I’d read it in my 20’s.

2 Likes

I can definitely see the experience/understanding gap. That gap I swear is getting larger with newer generations. Then I got to thinkin’…maybe its just a technological shift. Our culture seems more embedded in technology than the bits and bytes that power it anymore.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/lnAi190PKyw?si=TPtfR1qqxBZEAm-f

1 Like

grr. i derped.
vacuum had awesome suction, then flung into toe.
toe split.
smothered it in betadine, and wrapped 2 bandaids around it.
can’t put any pressure on it.
i can’t catch a break.

that’ll teach me for trying to do housework!!!

1 Like

/healing hug

2 Likes

thanks.

it’s split right next to the scar line of where they removed part of the nail.
and i’ve bashed it into things about 8 times so far.
:laughing:

i hope you got your new years pet!
i haven’t logged back in to whisperwind since i mailed it

1 Like

“Yes, I did!!! Thank you!!!”
/BIG HUG

1 Like

new addiction…
i’ve fallen in love with these longdoggos.

i also love the deadpan delivery, and it’s SO nice when the person narrating the clips isn’t screaming.
i don’t understand the screaming thing.
is it like seinfeld?
“I’M OBNOXIOSLY LOUD, LAUGH AT MY ANTICS!”

I like the content Corey B covers, but can’t handle his constant yelling… in the cavernous echo kitchen.
…just… put the lapel mic on, and talk.

/end rant :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I know it’s late for the last one.

2 Likes

I discovered something the other day walking back from getting the mail. I realized that my gait was a bit odd and it took me a moment to realize that after many decades, I was still avoiding stepping on cracks to save my mother’s back. After having a bit of a laugh I am wondering how many other odd childhood habits and quirks I am still doing without even thinking about it.

I’m not sure how universal the “step on a crack and break your mother’s back” maxim was/is among children. I wonder what other ones are still around or did they go the way of jacks and hopscotch?

2 Likes

a bunch of things which i thought were quirks, or things which i thought everyone did, turn out to be not “normal”, and would put me under the autism umbrella.

when i was little, if i was traveling in a vehicle, i had to lift my foot when passing a light pole.
…this grew into “if i’m walking past a pole, i need to position the pole to the right of me”.
i don’t know what sort of bad thing i think will happen if i don’t do it.
just a random compulsion.

combined with a bunch of other stuff… can’t handle light, can’t handle loud spaces or sudden loud noises, don’t like being around humans, lack of basic interaction skills… i can’t do small-talk. i always end up saying something embarrassingly stupid, and walk away asking myself “WHY DID I SAY THAT!!!”

inability to complete a task, but hyperfocused when doing something.
brain thinking about a thousand things at once.
ability to smell things which other humans can’t smell (have diagnosed 2 gas leaks, yay me)
ability to hear tiny sounds
inability to do “normal” sleeping.

i guess i’ll jump on the neurodivergent train :smile:

2 Likes

and needed to leave this one here… Step on a crack :smile:

1 Like

“I still do this. As weird as that is. Not quite sure why, but I always avoid them subliminally.”

1 Like

First thing I thought of was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIRDAGroyAo

2 Likes

i’ve never seen that one before.
the little dude seems kind of annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean Petri? or Ducky?

i don’t know their names.
there’s a big one, and a little one.

the little annoying one is the one which seems annoying :smile:

bleh, i need to find something to watch.
it’s too hot to do anything.
i’ve got a rug drying in the heat.

need a movie or series or doco to watch while i soak up the aircon.

1 Like