GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

‘I feel so evil…I ordered a pizza and cheesy parmesan bites at 10:51…when they close at 11. After working retail for so many years, is it normal for me to feel guilty at this point?’

4 Likes

whee… the world wants me dead. the voices of peoples phone videos and every sound unites in a cacophony of hatred towards me. another night in a bad place.

chrisnp/gotnov

i like this idea lol

5 Likes

“I want the Purple One.”

4 Likes

Well you offically stole my attention away

:full_moon:

1 Like

“What color would you get? I’m guessing Green.”
/grin

1 Like

Purple…and then green yes

2 Likes

“I like them both too, but as we both know, Purple is my top fave.”
/smile

1 Like

purple > green > orange > etc. > yellow.

1 Like

“Change that last one to Pink, and you got me.”
/LOLH

1 Like

burns the Pink one

1 Like

Most is the word as while MLP G4 didn’t ruin the MLP Story the G3 and G5 do.

Even so the fact that G4 was able to work well shows that while somethings are better left to the originals there are also somethings that can be reborn into a new form. The reason MLP G5 fails is because not only is it 3D but it focuses on G4’s Magic of Friendship rather than the Adventure that made it popular.

MLP G4 was popular because it went back to it’s roots and those roots were in adventure. MLP G6 would do well if it went back to the roots again this time remembering all the old locales(Mushswamp, Gemstone Desert and the Mountain Elf Kingdom) as well as Megan and the Adventure theme. Perhaps it could even bring back MoonDreamers(the side show for MLP G1)

A MoonDreamers G2 would do well to latch on to Fans’ ideas of MoonDreamers being a predecessor of Sailor Moon to draw inspiration for it’s characters(not fully as it should instead reference the Voice Actors of the Sailor Moon Characters) then get the Sailor Moon-esque Plot out of the way as it focuses on the Realm of the Moon fully for the Story and since Hasbro already has a Celestial Heaven of the Moon in Lunia from DnD that should become the setting for MoonDreamers G2.

Lunia is a wonderous setting: White Deserts with Arabian Cities & Pyramids on Infinitely Vast Islands resting upon an Endless Starlit Sea with 3 Infinitely Vast Islands distinct from all that: the Island of Talking Dinosaurs, the Kingdom of Holy Rats and finally the Japanese Temple Island.

Include Starry Up from MoonDreamers G1 in the skies of Lunia(with the chunk containing the Dream Machine crashing down into one of Lunia’s Middle Eastern Cities) and the show can be interesting.

Hasbro can also bring back the unused concepts of StarFinders(focusing on the Japanese-Indian Mercuria, the Shire-like Venya, the Desert Mertion and the Jewel-encrusted Angel City Jovar), SunSparklers(focusing on the Heaven of the Sun Solania which has Chinese Portions and Dwarven Portions) and SunFinders(focusing on the Narnia-esque Beastlands setting the Layers of which represent the 3 times of day with the Night time Layer including a Snow Kingdom similar to that of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe).

That said I can’t think of any way to reboot SpongeBob(which is the point of the topic I was replying to I can clearly see)… Only of ways to make Prequels(Caveman Era and Medieval Era) to it. The SpongeBob Universe has told everything it has to tell about the modern era and thus that era must be allowed to fade into history.

1 Like

i used to have the rainbow one.
all the mechanics were plastic, so i could wear it outside in a storm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

“The WORSE is when they not only remake it, but when they REWRITE it too.”

“I have never seen any MLP stuff, though, sorry.”

Ah yes… the inaccurate Dubs and Retconning Remakes… What I speak of isn’t either of those…

MLP G4 and the various adaptations of DC Comics and Marvel Comics don’t try to pretend to be the original nor the true version of the original which is good as the Fans can see them as their own thing. Needless to say the Fans are only happy if the Films and TV Shows stay close to the roots otherwise they get angry.

Of course the same goes for DC Comics as a whole which is why the Fans are getting annoyed by the Comic for going all dark and gritty with the Joker as they miss the old funny Joker.

I hear the Fans liked the recent Mario Movie as it stayed true to the roots unlike the Live Action Mario Film.

1 Like

“Those fans CLEARLY did NOT grow up on the ORIGINAL Comic Books. The Joker looks tame now, compared to how dark he was, way back then.”

1 Like

Of course when I say miss the funny Joker I say they miss the Bronze Age Joker as we all know the Golden Age Joker was humorless and only cared about getting richer.

They wanted a Joker like the one from Batman the Animated Series who randomly commits funny pranks like creating Smiling Fish so that he can Patent them one day only to switch to shooting out Barbara Gordon’s spine while stuffing her father into a circus where he is shown pictures of her naked wounded self the next before switching back to funny pranks the day after that. They want the Joker to be Chaos not just Mindless Murder.

2 Likes

“Ah yes. What I refer to as the Disnefied Joker. Softened for the kids. I miss the original Joker. HE was a true Villain, imho.”

1 Like

Isn’t the current Joker melting people’s faces off and ripping off his own face gunning people down in a bloody fashion filled with gore while rubbing in to Jason Todd’s face while beating him with a crowbar how he once murdered him with a crowbar while making him beg for his life promising to be the Joker’s Robin while throwing curses out that are no longer censored due to the TV Shows being in the Adults section?

2 Likes

“Compare today’s Joker, to the levels of today’s Society, then go back and compare the level of that old Joker, to the levels of Society back then. Yes, he was way worse.”

1 Like