GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

Happy New Years!!

3 Likes

I wonder what Blizz will do for the Year of the Wood Dragon 2/10/2024?

As a water dragon my next year is umā€¦ 2072. Mmmmā€¦ I wonder what my chances of living to 120 are? Guess I should have celebrated more in 2012. LOL.

4 Likes

Oh hello there 2024. Someone I hadnā€™t met yet until this morning. Ya know how it isā€¦re-reads nahh that isnā€™t quite what I was referring to. More so Iā€™d never met 2024 before.

1 Like

:dragon_face: /10char

1 Like

This guy makes hilarious videos.

I give up at trying classic, itā€™ll never be for me.

:x: :x: :x: :x: :x:

1 Like

18 years ago today a friend told me donā€™t ever play that wow game its so addicting it will ruin your life! thatā€™s when i started the wow trial version lol

to 18 years

7 Likes

I canā€™t remember who loved Alice?

Check out this cake made by Pedro Sequera

2 Likes

I just found this one.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZENBjvr2e0&t=1s

That one was always one of my favourites. :fox_face:

1 Like

i always loved Darnellā€¦ but there hasnā€™t been any new stuff forever.

heā€™s always in my head if i go to wsg.

gonā€™ get dat flag back, uh!

1 Like

Gatsbyā€¦

He had all the money and effort to throw parties and own a mansion yet could not acquire the woman he desired and said desire for a particular woman brought about his ignoble endā€¦

If you have lots of wealth what does one do with it if not acquire love(since it is clear by now that money canā€™t buy love)? Answer: bring oneā€™s grand vision to pass for oneā€™s grand vision is what money can buy not love!

One needs something to occupy oneā€™s life and thus if one can attain a grand vision then one can occupy oneā€™s existence.

3 Likes

oh yes the grand vision

2 Likes

Gatsby is a very good example of how the means can sabotage the ends. In his desperation he becomes a bootlegger during Prohibition which comes with all the misery that caused and then spends his wealth on excess and corruption trying to catch Daisyā€™s attention.

What it tells us is that Gatsby is so blinded by his desire for her that he fails to understand what she says about rich girls donā€™t marry poor boys. No matter how rich be becomes heā€™ll always be a poor boy in her eyes. In one sense they are both shallow and superficial people who acquire an artificial significance through their wealth.

Itā€™s a very sad story about two people who are doomed before they even start, that each will follow a trajectory through their lives that is indifferent to their effort and struggles as obsession is mistaken for passion.

3 Likes

Hehe thats a good one :fox_face:

2 Likes

I love films and books with a universal depth of understanding. Most of the time people are too busy reading the neon sign at the start

2 Likes

Should we try to save the SpomgeBob universe or just leave it alone?

Thankā€™s for the video Rainy!

3 Likes

Leave it alone. The sooner the spongebob universe is destroyed the better.

4 Likes

Agreed, I donā€™t want to be involved with a Shadowlands 2.0.

I want to see these hats in the trading post next!

I want the rainbow one!

Hereā€™s another!

Thanks you Rainy again! :grinning:

4 Likes

While I am a 90s kidā€¦so Iā€™m very cartoon-centricā€¦I donā€™t disagree with you.

Somethings are better left unwrittenā€¦like scriptsā€¦for tv seriesā€¦

4 Likes

ā€œAND somethings are just better left to the ORIGINALS. Most Remakes ruin the story, imho.ā€
/smile

6 Likes