GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

I had a wide variety of music i listened to though i refused to listen to country music (with a few exceptions and rap (again with a few exceptions).

True. Some of the bands/groups i remember are R.E.M. , Guns N’ Roses, Bangles, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Peter Cetera, Paula Abdul, Eurythmics, Duran Duran, Bon Jovi, Lover Boy, Van Halen, Motley Crue, The Cars, Poison, etc.

I could go on and on and on.

I miss the 80’s with the lack of the internet and how i as a 10 year old kid could walk practically anywhere alone without anyone butting into what is none of their business.

2 Likes

here to re buff with anti troll blessings :+1:

2 Likes

I haven’t paid that much attention to WoW in general for a while.

3 Likes

I don’t think I have ever seen a troll in this thread. It is the surprisingly one safe haven here.

5 Likes

Last nights viewing was “Desert Flower”.

just… wow.

that was pretty powerful.

one scene in particular, the scene on “the rock”… that’s going to stick with me :worried:

1 Like

i am so alone.
i hope yall are well.
chrisnp/gotnov

i think its because of my i think it’s because of my blessings!

as a warrior my one shoulder armor serves a purpose you see some times in battle i tend to lose my weapon and must always have the option to shoulder check my Enemy and my other arm is free for faster and unhindered attacks

3 Likes

‘The only class I’ve played with any kind of heavy armor was a Death Knight and they look weird with one shoulder imo. A warrior on the other hand, I could definitely see that being a thing. It goes with what their lore could be’

1 Like

It comes down to how one plans to fight. If the classic shield and spear/sword, then only the spear/sword arm needs protection for when it is extended in a jab or swing. Everything else is protected behind the shield. We see this in the style of the Roman gladiator (thraex, or Thracian) whose shield arm isn’t armored.

Lots of armor is nice but it gets really, really hot inside there making it tempting to find areas that can be removed, especially in the back. Knights that fought in full plate armor were rare and had years of training and conditioning, making them elite units in terms of their fitness.

The shoulder armor found in WoW and Warhammer are beyond ridiculous in terms of limiting mobility and assuming weapon strikes are coming from above rather than say, a sharp pointy thing being pushed into one’s torso from pretty much any angle. It is why the army with the most archers usually won as Saurfang standing in front of Lordaeron in the BFA opening cinematic painfully discovered. Fortunately, heroic characters require a dozen or so arrow strikes or bullets to bring down. Yeah…

2 Likes

so yeah no one deserves to be troll or disrespected and that has not happened in here
but out side of this place gross and heinous things happened and lies have been told so i occasionally vent in a rp way about some of that it’s also why i left discord btw

3 Likes

‘Except for Vol’jin…but we don’t talk about that…’

‘As for the rest of what you said, I mean I completely agree. I’ve played both Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, in 40k it kind of half-actually made sense, mostly because they’re biologically-enhanced individuals. In Fantasy, the only ones I saw wearing ridiculous armor were generally either orcs or dwarves. Those two factions had extreme heavy armor. Then again they’re also swinging around a hammer that might as well be a building on a stick.’

1 Like

‘That is a main part of the reason I stopped raiding this last time. The atmosphere was getting way too toxic. A lot of people make a case of ‘Oh that’s just Mythic raiders in general…’ well no, being a Mythic Raider doesn’t entitle you to be a complete and utter xyz to every individual who isn’t playing to the same level as you. What it does do is give you the ability and insight to actually be able to help more people. But no one ever looks beyond their next keystone/raid schedule. I use to make a habit out of helping people get their AOTC in heroic pugs, not for gear or anything of the sort, but because it helps out someone else. Is it a carry? Well no, they did the damage, and tanking, and healers work as a team. It’s simply helping out’

2 Likes

You are not alone.
You have plenty of friends here.
Please do not despair.

3 Likes

i couldn’t remember if i dropped this pic in here or not.

it’s kind of cute and a little bit sad (i don’t know why he looks so sad in photos!!)

8 Likes

He’s not sad. He’s dozing off, dreaming of sugar plums dancing in his head…or whatever the cat equivalent might be.

Also, I am envious of how cozy he looks.

4 Likes

i am so wicked. i dunno how i am still alive. i am also a loser and trash so that’s another reason i am surprised i am still alive. but i thank you for your welcoming and nice message.

chrisnp/gotnov/domalian

I flew through a green portal…now everything is more green…this is interesting

1 Like

story time
so one of the folks we all showed nothing but support to here who ended up being a fake with their issues decided to lie about a lot of the good folks here and it resulted in some of us being harassed for a long time even to this day in my case even after all this they was given chances and would just always go back to trolling

they would even post about some of my rl stuff as if it was them and their issues
and wound so nonsensical things like ask me to chat with them on one platform
ask for me to talk with them then as soon as i would say something to them Claimed i was harassing them which revolted on me getting hated on more

that’s was the past and what a walked away from here for a long time and the drama i did not want or need especially at that time they also slandered me seven ways from sunday in all the other communities and come at me with alts from time to time
i never really got to tell the truth of the matter on alot of this and really didn’t much care too because in social media that doesn’t matter

1 Like

i bought the basket so he could sleep on the desk, but he won’t let me move it to the desk.

i got a nice warm second-hand blanket, which is folded into 4 layers and is VERY warm.
he likes to hide under blankets.
if i cover his body with the blanket, he’ll wiggle around until his head is covered too :smiling_face:

2 Likes