GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

https://youtube.com/shorts/uTns3HT9Luo?si=lOSTT9Pzj7xY-Cg2

It wouldn’t let me embed it into the post. It’s one of my fav :fox_face: one’s

3 Likes

“TL2s can no longer post links. You now have to be TL3.”

2 Likes

Yeah, videos are a trust level 3 thing now.

:panda_face:

3 Likes

I’m working on it ^^

Problem is I haven’t been back long, have to read more posts and stuff I guess

1 Like

The waggle thread has a bunch of posts.

Try to get as many big threads read (or just slowly scroll through so it counts read).

When panda druids come out that will my new panda poster.

And since a certain streamer whacked a bee hive, I’m now evacuating all my Alliance characters out of Kel’Thuzad.

Fortunately they were mostly lowbies and I could just delete them and create them to another server.

I only went to Kel’Thuzad for three reasons.

All the character names I wanted were available.

It’s a high pop.server and could guarantee people will be doing Dream Surges and kill dream surge rares. Also people around to kill Emerald Dream rares.

A steady economy.

The server is now going to get a bad reputation and I don’t want people acting aggressively towards me, because it’s tied to a too a well known streamer who pulls stupid stunts.

I have 3 to server transfer out, they have too much progression to delete.

2 Likes

That is a damn shame that you had to leave the server over it :sad_fox:

I was going to roll on Crusader Strike but all saw what happened there…fun times.

So instead I’m on a PvP server, being a charitable Priest as often as possible. It’s funny, I run into others of different races doing the same thing (A Night Elf Priest and I see each other regularly in Stormwind and always wave, even though we’re not friends in-game. It’s a mutual respect)

1 Like

It’s ok, it felt like the population of that server was dropping anyways. I just want to avoid any kind of drama. I didn’t know anyone there or grown any attachments to any guild so leaving is easy.

I managed to find a way to make my names work and all that matters is my panda druids name was available in my new home Emerald Dream.

I have different Alliance characters spread out but I want most of them to be in a high pop server.

Most of my characters I deleted were level 10 or less.

1 Like

Gotcha. I keep getting blind guild invites…I guess that’s what I deserve being a level 17 priest in SoD…

It’s actually quite funny to see all the guild names that you know for a fact won’t be around in the next 2 weeks if that…just hardcore rule breaking names. Mostly because there are so many of them it’s hard to keep track of all the reports, I’m sure.

I wish for once someone would actually message me and pitch me a guild, because I do need/am looking for one, but these blind invites drive me crazy.

Edit: I do realize I can turn the option off, but that’s not what exploring is about :wink:

1 Like

If I was a Blizzard GM, and finished work early I would feed my boredom and just go in game through a list of characters names created and look for rule breaking names. I don’t think the names have to be reported to force the change if the rules are broken there is no policy on that.

After all everyone did click on agree to Blizzards CoC and ToS. The player would be breaching the agreement not Blizzard.

2 Likes

Never mind it seems that server is dead even though it says high.

Kel’Thuzad on WoW Progress says it has 4,485 players that sunk down to it being from high to a medium/low pop server. Good thing I’m moving out I don’t want to be stuck in another Draenor server abandoning all my characters again.

Dalaran 11,524 players went from full to high.

The server labels need to be updated.

2 Likes

I’m talking cringe level names. One guild in particular that tried to serial invite me(they did it like 5 times about 15 minutes apart…) had probably one of the most derogatory names I’ve seen in this game. Of course naturally I reported it, but given the amount of reporting that is probably going on right now, they are most likely overwhelmed. I won’t even go into what the actual name was, but I will say this, it was disgusting to see it being replicated all over the place.

Not that I’m some over the top PC-orientated person, but I’d hope that on some level, human intelligence and wisdom has come to the point where we are past that kind of rabble. 19 years of WoW…and the same rhetoric still exists.

3 Likes

I always wondered if blizz low-jacked threads and scoped things out like our little discussion thread.

Ya know…for deserter types. Well if anything they’ve made me a believer again. I must admit, I really do enjoy this SoD stuff. I’m hoping when I get the money together for retail again I’ll have the same experience.

If this is the kind of stuff they’re working on in the future also, I definitely want in again.

queue’s up “The Druid Song” - Soothe Me by Sam and Dave

1 Like

You have more patience than I do, I couldn’t get a classic character past 10 levels. It could be just me, but I feel classic is hard.

The basic new expansion is $50 and includes Dragon Flight, I don’t think it’s going to be a holiday sale since it’s new. It doesn’t hurt to check.

1 Like

It’s definitely a large difference in the casual style of the gameplay, and I don’t mean that in a derogatory way at all, it sincerely is a huge time sink in comparison. Like refining skill sets and things takes a while.

Oh I am definitely getting the next one that’s coming with it, I just figure I’ll do Dragon Flight probably well after the fireworks have fizzled out of it. Looking to start anew with War Within on my priesty here.

Edit: It was a lot of fun to heal all the Alliance players getting attacked this evening in Redridge, Running backwards and forwards healing everyone I could is a bit of a thrill without getting found out mind you. I did get caught a couple times but thats what happens when you run around solo healing people out of party :fox_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’ll be here next expansion, just disappointed there is no sign of player housing or dye system.

I hate the new allied race, it’s not different or unique.

2 Likes

From everything I’ve read on that subject to do with WoW specifically, the Dev’s had no interest in doing so…which kind of startled me a little given that most other MMO’s have exactly that and it is a well loved feature/marketable commodity.

The two best examples I can give are actually Rift’s Dimensions and Star War’s Strongholds. They are actually pretty neat to set up and mess around with. I still play SWTOR from time to time, just not as often as I’d like

Haven’t tested that yet, but I’ll comment when I do!

1 Like

I might try SWTOR, the issue I have with Final Fantasy is their characters are just humans with animal parts.

1 Like

It’s free until you want to do the operations(raids) and certain gated content like certain levels of gear (purple items etc. require an authorization that you get auto as a subscriber but not as a preferred player/new player).

I don’t remember any of the other caveats, but it’s definitely worth a play-through at least once.

It’s ostensibly Knights of the Old Republic: 3 (if you remember that series). A lot of heavy tie in’s story wise to that series.

1 Like

I’m apparently missing something? Then again i don’t keep up with “WoW streamers”.

Noooo. Please don’t leave. You’re a nice panda. Offers some bamboo as a bribe to stay.

4 Likes

There is a thread about it, I just don’t want people to think I’m a fan when I’m not and might receive unnecessary hate and drama being related to that server. The only reason I liked the server it had all the names I wanted. Just found out yesterday that the server is slowly declining just like what happened to Draenor.

Long story short, he was tormenting a RPPvP server with an inappropriate name with his followers.

Dalaran is now my new Alliance home.

Thank you, Blizzard has an entire year to change my mind.

2 Likes