GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

For the only one I was ever in - that was an odd feeling seeing the books fall off the shelf onto the floor

2 Likes

“Mr H. never experienced an Earthquake, until he moved here. And that one was a 6.9.”
/lol

2 Likes

and of course the peeps in California be like

“hey mon that’s just nature sayin good mornin” :smiley:

3 Likes

“According to the Scientist, Australia doesn’t really have ‘Earthquakes’, since it rests on a single Tectonic Plate. It has ‘Tremors’, that are shimmies in the plate. Which is different from a ‘Earthquake’ which is caused by the grinding/bumping of two plates.”

2 Likes

I want to say New Zealand is a bit more active since they have the nearby volcanic islands

2 Likes

“New Zealand is on a Volcanic Road. Part of a long line of Lava Rivers, underground. Much like The Ring Of Fire.”

“Might even be a part of The Ring Of Fire. I am not sure.”
h.ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire

2 Likes

Yeah, thinking so on the ring.

I remember it came up when that one folks decided to tour went active.

I wouldn’t mind seeing one myself, just not that close

2 Likes

“I just read something very interesting. The plate under Australia is so unique to Australia alone, that it is actually called ‘The Australia Plate’.”

“Also, New Zealand sits in the area where The Pacific Plate and The Australian Plate hit each other. So not only is it on a Lava River System, it is ALSO on a High Earthquake Zone.”

“I USE to want to visit there
 Nope, Nope, a thousand times NOPE, now.”
/lol

2 Likes

It did make for a great middle earth in the Peter Jackson lord of the rings movies :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

“That it did.”
/GRIN

2 Likes

fam wants french toast this morning

time to get egg cracking, catch ya later :hugs: :smiley:

2 Likes

“Have fun, and give Mom a hug from me too.”
/huggles

2 Likes

I think there’s been a reclassification (Pluto says hi) :upside_down_face:
When I was a kid they were always referred to as tremors.

but some time in the last 30 years or so, it changed to earthquake.
I’m not sure if it’s to do with the richter of the event, I dunno if a little one is considered a tremor and a bigger one a quake
 the big one we had which was a 5.9 lasted ages and was terrifying.

(google tells me a quake is above 5, anything below is a tremor)

i was just reading about the one last night, and they’re calling it both.
it says it was the largest tremor in the metro region in 120 years.
the one in 2021 had a rural epicenter
i think they’re being nit-picky with wording just so they can say it was “the biggest” on their headlines :stuck_out_tongue:
shouldn’t matter where the epicenter was, the determiner should be if it was felt with great effect. this wasn’t as bad as the last “big” one, so we shouldn’t really pretend it was the “biggest” just because one originated slightly closer to the CBD.

The large magnitude 5.9 tremor that rocked Victoria on September 22, 2021, when the city was in the midst of a COVID-19 lockdown, was “more serious, but more removed,”

2 Likes

For playing WoW this is a great computer.

If possible, perhaps they can add your old hard drive for copying data and to act as a back-up for the new system.

It may be able to push your playing resolution to the 2560 x 1440 level and if so, your current monitor may not be able to handle that.

3 Likes

Australia has had a 8.2 earthquake before, though this was closer to New Zealand which sits nearer to the plate’s edge where Australia and the Pacific Ocean are in the middle of a sumo match.

3 Likes

offshore, and closer to NZ

i feel like that doesn’t count :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

“From what I read, that last one you guys had was centered in New Zealand too. It was big enough to cause a major Tremor to hit Australia.”

“When that happens, the Tremor can cause the whole Australian Plate to shake.”

3 Likes

Literally me listening to the Tina Turner songs Cyndi posted XD

4 Likes

“She will be forever missed.”
/tear

3 Likes

I got a reason to play wow again. (I am still playing FF14 but I found something that is of interest to me over here.)

I am doing the Hardcore stuff. I am up to level 32 on a druid atm.

But ya it has been a fun way where I can play for fun again.

3 Likes