GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

If my only other option is to deal with publishers than I should just get another job now as my work isn’t good enough for that, nor can I handle the type of marketing schedule that I would have to deal with to make them happy.

2 Likes

I can’t even make 55 bucks conecativily at what I do a month. If it were not for my parents I would be out on the street.

I am not even at minimum wage yet.

1 Like

This kind of reminds me of me and my cousin. I been doing photography for years, just barely getting likes and such. I like taking pictures, but I am obviously not great at it.

My cousin got a camera last year, opened an instagram and suddenly my cousin in winning state awards and in National Geographic. It’s just a hobby for them, nothing important. :rofl:

I mean, I am seriously really proud of my cousin, but I think photography should just stay a hobby for me, something I do for fun. I just don’t have the eye for it. While my photography does improve over time, it’s just nothing spectacular.

Maybe keep writing as a hobby, something you like to do for fun, and if one day it takes off, you can do it full time.

5 Likes

So when did Snowstorms start to approach hurricane quality :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Happy Friday
Thinking Spring this weekend

4 Likes

probably the funniest thing i’ve seen in a while lol

3 Likes

Do you have some sort of injury or handicap? Everyone needs an income of some kind :laughing:

If I were in your shoes I would definitely try to get even just a basic/min wage job so I could stash some savings while living at home. $55 a month doesn’t sound sustainable.

Min wages have been trending up ever since the :poop:-storm of 2020. Not sure about what area you live in, but where I live most basic/no-experience-needed jobs seem to be offering $15-16/hour to start.

My younger brother recently got hired at FedEx back in December and they started him off @ $20/hour even though he has no prior experience.

All I have ever wanted to do is write for a living, take what I have in my head, make a living with it and make people happy. It kills me that what I have to offer is wanted and I can’t make it at the one thing I now what to do.

If I tried anything else I would be an anxious messto the point that I couldn’t function. This is something I can do that even though the job is hard I don’t feel like my biploar gets in the way and ruins my life for it. But if I can’t do it I don’t know what I am giong to do? I was denied for social security. I just feel scrwed to the point that life is against me.

1 Like

I am going to put this thread on mute for a while. I feel like I have just been encourged to give up on my dream and I just need distance.

Goodbye.

National Kazoo Day
/salute

1 Like

/grin
/giggle

1 Like

amazing! :joy_cat:

1 Like

:smiling_imp:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Baja Blast Dew Hard Seltzer

Yes please

2 Likes

I am sorry. The thought of not being able to make it as a writter has been making me feel well hopeless. My family put a lot of money into me so I could make my dream come ture and the thought of not being able to do it makes me want to cut myself. They put thousands and thousands of dolloras into me when they live paycheck to paycheck and if my dream dosn’t work out. . . I don’t think I can live with that guilt.

It isn’t just that my biploar is an issue. I have been stressing out for the last 16 hours feeling that maybe if I had know that I wouldn’t have been able to do this sooner I could have saved my parents so much money, and the thoughts are driving me insane.

Good Morning GD Lounge!!

The Toaster say’s ‘Hello!’

3 Likes

Guilt is a tough muse to create around. It is much more inclined to cause you to seize up and set even more unrealistic expectations.

You need to get people’s attention and doing that with a book and no publicist is very difficult as you are discovering. Perhaps public readings at a bookstore? A stream about what you are going through as a person or as someone trying to get published? What would someone have to do to get you to read a book you might not have even know it existed?

You can do it but it is going to take time, chances, some luck and an insane amount of persistence.

3 Likes

Was just getting a kick out of how the hot mess that is life today actually has turned 2 classic books into best sellers.

It’s strange what can drive them book sales

Well, good afternoon folks - hope y’all are staying warm this chilly day

3 Likes

Things have changed a lot in just the last 6 years for publishing and marketing. My dad was just trying to help me with the way to market my book and it was more involed with getting reviews from Amazon in a small period of time to boost myself on their platform and my visbility as that is how their site works (by their own site standard and help guides.)

I have also done a lot of reasrech on the side and have had many people say that publishers just don’t help like they used to in the last few years so even if you had one you would still be in this same boat. (Unless you could bring in enough money for them that you would be worth the trouble of them marketing for them now that there is just so much comptition. Not only do you have to prove yourself to make it in with them these days but you have to prove yourself afterwords to be worthy of their markting help.)

But also because of my Patreon I have to run things diffrently, like a content creator so there is that added wrinkle. I can’t give my short stories out at a book store because then I punish my Patreons and well I don’t think a book store wants fetish giantess stories either.

1 Like

I do have ideas on how to improve, I am feeling a bit better but this path is just very hard and stressful. I think they don’t call it an evolving writting world for nothing. I am having to do things other writters wouldn’t dreamed of just ten years ago. I am taking some of my ideas from gamers and even though it works I am suprised that what I take for my business isn’t from the past for authors but from other proffessions as well if I want to stand out I have to.

I need to do something to say I am here, and instead of just putting out my work, markting it I need to set up a community, talk with the people who like my work. I have looked at others and the more I can involve the people who like my work in what I do the more I can pull others in, make money and such. It sounds cheezy but it is what content creators do.

4 Likes