GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

Kill all Jedi.

Watching Yoda is so much fun especially his fight scenes.

1 Like

What part of the standard model allows for faster than light travel? Even QFT is built around the speed of light as an absolute. We believe the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light but that’s not the same as traveling faster than light.

Agreed there are some quirky things about information and quantum entanglement but that’s really different than a starship.

1 Like

“AH!!! That one. Thank you.”

1 Like

“The one that allows the formation of Black Holes, that can be traveled through. It may not be Quantum Physics, but that is the Theory I am talking about.”

1 Like

See this is the fun stuff about these kinda topics

Yea with our current understanding, it seems crazy undoable

But hell, 500, 1000, 2000 years in the future

We can do something crazy like reverse engineer the power of a blackhole which makes FTL travel not only plausible but widely available

Hell, maybe we’ll just full on get teleportation

2 Likes

Ok a little start to the weekend music for those of you who actually get one .

1 Like

Yes, Relativity Theory does allow for white holes but none have been observed. Navigationally speaking, they would be one way rides as the back end of a black hole.

To create a black hole large enough for a ship we’d need to find a way to compress something the bigger than our sun into a black hole. Of course this would destroy the solar system or the material that makes up the black hole.

Again, as you and Malgorok have pointed out, this is based on our current understanding of the universe. We know our understanding is incomplete, at best, as we can’t reconcile Quantum and Relativity theories.

2 Likes

“WE may not be able to, but who’s to say some OTHER life form hasn’t figured it out.”

3 Likes

It is certainly possible but if they are that advanced exactly why are they buzzing our primitive jets or playing hide the probe in backwoods folks?

I’d be more likely to go with an idea like the 1997 movie “Contact” where things happen at a pace that is very, very long to us at this point in our civilization and species evolution. We haven’t made peace with our own kind on this planet so I think we’re a long way from branching out into space. How do we deal with aliens when we can’t even overlook the amount of melanin in other human’s skin?

3 Likes

“That is just the occasional glitch in their stealth.”

1 Like

“I LOVE that movie.”

1 Like

pokes his head out of Surfy’s pocket with his favorite blankie draped over his head

HOORAY! We all made it through another week! Here’s some baby otters!

1 Like

leaps through his deathgate and sees the good Elmer’s video

NOOOOOO!!! NOT BABY OTTERS BEING ALL ADORABLY SQUEAKY!!! MY ONE AND ONLY WEAKNESS!!!

runs back through his deathgate to do some evil stuff like eat oreo cookies without licking the creme and not eating cookies with milk

3 Likes

i like the otter videos Elmer

chrisp the rumbly stomached and whose love and hope is weak lately… i have become wayy too bad… oh well.

3 Likes

Hello everyone

2 Likes

didn’t get much play time today but visited shattrath and seen once more what i call the real khadgar lol

also hello Alîcê /salute

1 Like

I went to Shattrath day one, also went to zangramash and quested there a bit day one to avoid the hellfire of well hellfire.

1 Like

just for survival on this pvp server it’s been a fun journey

pokes his head out of Surfy’s pocket

I want a kitty tower too!

1 Like

Man, it’s okay to have a rumbly tummy. Lord knows if having a stomach bug was a sign of evil (and totally not eating too much junk food, drinking FAR too much coffee and soda, and not drinking enough water), you may as well hand me a pitchfork and a "sexy devil* costume.

And no, trust me, NONE of you want to see me dressed up as a “sexy devil”; talk about making someone sick to their stomach! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes