GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

5 turkeys and 10 or 9 baby turkey chicks came for a visit this morning. They were so adorable I was almost convinced to never eat a turkey again.

:turkey:

And

Happy Memorial Day

Today we honor those who gave all.
Freedom isn’t free, it comes with a cost.

:us:

3 Likes

pokes his head out of Surfy’s pocket

Sounds like sneaky “Don’t Eat Me You Insane Gnome” bear magic to me! Obviously they were bears who were hoping you’d be convinced to never “eat a turkey again” so they could just disguise themselves as turkeys!

Good job on not falling for their tricks!

1 Like

It may already be . In the states Costco is bringing back samples . Now if only Blizz could go back to normal and have a Blizzcon in November instead of an online one in early 2022 then it will actually feel normal . Unfortunately Blizz is located in the Peoples Republic of California and has to deal with Emperor Gavin Nuisance at this time .

1 Like

If I ever saw this I know it would be a cruel trick trying to keep me from growing.

2 Likes

And now as an adult listening to all those kids makes me fire up my browser.

Seriously though, I try to support local businesses and paychecks whenever possible but some things just aren’t available locally. I also agree that shopping in person has a sensual (as in using the senses) quality that adds much to life. I’m quite the people watcher which is hard to do from my upstairs window. At least without upsetting the neighbors.

1 Like

Ahhh that moment of seeing an isle of Barbie after Barbie…wooohoooo

Insane gnome…nawwww, just cause I pull you out from a bunch of horde, heal you up - and you then run back into the mob to get the bear tank doesnt make u insane…

…well um, actually :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rabbit:

2 Likes

Hoping there are still some good ole book stores around

1 Like

Our Barnes and Nobles looks like it has survived. Though they look at me strangely when I ask for a book about royal farmsteads, you know, barns and nobles. Oh well.

2 Likes

I miss the old mall B.Daltons and Walden Books

3 Likes

We used to have a borders here ages ago too

Something about sitting in a comfy chair with a good book and hot chocolate :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

i tried to approach him and was chased down by attack hellhounds!

I haven’t check if my local barn’s and nobles is still open yet. I have just gotten around to checking if business have survived. Glitch gaming didn’t.

2 Likes

Know the feel

Lost my fav korean hole in the wall

:frowning:

1 Like

Way back in…geeze, the late 90’s, I used to work for Waldenbooks. It’s where I first found out about WHFB and WH40k.

It’s also where I first read the greatest fantasy epic of all time: Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time.

Truly, I miss Toys R Us. Even though the Transformers I collect are (here in the US, anyway) only available online, up until they closed down, I enjoyed going there once a week and just enjoyed looking at the new stuff and stuff I didn’t even collect like LEGOS sets.

I know I can be a bit slow at noticing things, but our post numbers show at the top and achieve points at the bottom on the right side of our avatars, or at least on the phone app prospective.

I guess this will help spot people’s alts in the same threads, but I think using the Diablo layout would be best to prevent alt abuse.

1 Like

Our Generation didnt need sets.

We were creative enough to take a mess of lego blocks and built whatever we could dream :smiley:

2 Likes

we’ve been very lucky here, but people can’t seem to appreciate it.
while we’ve had some strict lockdowns, the amount of time we’ve been impacted over-all has been small.
we had a few months of “stay at home”, and then things mostly returned to normal.
our stores just got spit barriers at the check-outs, everyone wore masks, and life went on.
…but due to poor practices in quarantine management, we’ve been plunged back into iso again.

no… it sounds like your childhood was magical, almost like what i’ve seen in every christmas movie ever, and i thought only happened on tv!
(yes, i’m an old person still learning about the real world) :grimacing:

1 Like

Far from it, truth be told. But that’s just a single example. It’s more about sharing life and experiences with people.

I learned a lot about, as an example, Judaism as a kid because in NY I had a lot of Jewish friends. I would wish them a Merry Christmas and they would wish me a Happy Chaunnukah.

My biggest lament, even before Covid, is more about our increasing cultural divides, the inherent selfishness it entails, and the resulting stagnation which has only been compounded over the past couple of decades by an increasing reliance on “online experiences” and, over the past year and a half, Covid 19.

1 Like

So true. It makes me wonder, now that I think about it, if that’s what’s “wrong” with the later generations (milenials, Y, and Z).

They’ve never really had the option, from a toy perspective, of actually discovering things or even excercising their native creativity.

From day one, it seems, that it has been more about “this is that, and that is this, end of story”. Maybe part of it is an increasing reliance on digital media and less about going out and exploring new things and places and learing.

Maybe it’s societal. I just don’t know. But I do feel if millenials, gen y and z’ers were handed a bucket of LEGOS and told to create something out of whole cloth, the vast majority of them would be at a loss to do so.

And it is, quite frankly, saddening.

1 Like

On a happier note, speaking of discovery, I discovered that, as a Deathknight, when you go into Torghast you can get a talent that makes your Deathgate summon one of the Horsemen.

At first, I thought it was just a temporary thing but no, it lasts throughout the entire floor.

I also found out that you can, if you’re lucky, summon all FOUR Horsemen (Whitemane, Mograine, Saurfang, and Trollbane) to fight for you.

Mograine even shouts something like, “Time for us to ride, Horsemen!” when he’s summoned which is pretty cool in my book.

1 Like