Gazlowe and Gelbin, Tinkers? New Class?

First things first, I’d like to address my amassing fanbase: :heart:
Sorry for not having another Tinker Thread over the past few days. It was my Mother’s Birthday and we were celebrating!

Onto the Thread:
I see many close minded players relentlessly insist that Beast Master Hunter or Marksman Hunter are Tinkers “Whether I like it or not”

Well, Today I have a question. The Goblin and Gnome racial leaders, now represent a class that Goblins and Gnomes cannot be. They are both Tinkers.
Gazlowe, and High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque are clearly Tinkers. Geblin even has it in his title.

So. My question is this.
Are Gazlowe and Gelbin Hunters?
Have either of them ever used Animal aspects? Or used Animals to help them in combat?
Do either of them use Poisonous Arrows, or fire volleys of Arrows?

If they aren’t Hunters? Then what class are they?

They are, without any doubt, Tinkers. A class that the players can not play.
Blizzard should do something to fix this injustice towards the playerbase. A Fan-Favorite Hero Unit from Warcraft 3, A Class we’ve seen as NPCs since Vanilla. Remains unplayable even 16 years later.

C’mon guys, let’s give the Edgelords something to Whine about!
#Curveball

14 Likes

Sounds good to me!!!

@ cringe human/elf death knights

Tinker is a new concept with enough identity to stand on it’s own

Tell her I said

" Feliz cumpleanos fiesta bebe :heart: "

5 Likes

It fits with the pattern we have going too.

Death Knight: Edge, darkness, edge.
Monk: I LOVE KUNG FU.
DH: Edge, darkness, edge.
Tinker: EXPLOSIONS! MORE EXPLOSIONS!

2 Likes

I’d still prefer a shaman tank spec, but I’d settle for tinkers. As long as it isn’t necromancers or something equally edgy.

6 Likes

Quirky thinkers speak to my soul at this point.

1 Like

You’re obviously passionate about this topic. But I wouldn’t demean people who harbour a different opinion than you, especially if it’s one as trivial as this.

I’m one who would like more classes in the game, and a tinker would be good enough for me. So long as they’re not just goblins and gnomes, and they hire more developers to accomodate another class.

I don’t want other classes to suffer because their attention is spread too thin.

I haven’t seen that one yet, but you’re in the thick of this fight more than I am. Usually, I see, “Tinkers are just engineers,” which isn’t true either.

If anyone wants to see the basics of a Tinker class, check out Gazlowe in HoTs or the hero class in WC3. That would be the basis for a Mech tank spec. It doesn’t even remotely resemble a hunter or an engineer.

4 Likes

Blizzard can’t even balance the classes we have now.

1 Like

Classic had less class and worst balance. Don’s see your point.

1 Like

You really, really, REALLY like the concept of a Tinker class huh? (not bashing ya, just see you daily. I admire the dedication).

4 Likes

Then you aren’t looking for it.

Well can you prove that adding class ever make the balancing worst? Because if you can’t, you have no point.

If you really care about balancing, ask for the removal of all those laddering of rental system that mess up balance every patch.

3 Likes

I look at it like this: if Blizzard is incapable of balancing the classes that we have, even in an expansion where no new race or class was added, where we don’t have tier or class sets, where flying isn’t for another year, then they are never going to balance classes so it doesn’t matter if they add twenty more.

Personally, I think balance wouldn’t be an issue if they didn’t reinvent classes at the start of every single expansion, and they’d probably free up a lot of time for content or giving us tier/pvp sets back.

It would require an organization of tinkers to give the class movement into the dev team’s plans.

I mean, the whole aspect thing is kinda redundant though. Have you ever seen Alleria, Sylvannas or Valeera as well as Halduron or even Lor’themar that carries a bow with him even though he prefers the sword use any Aspect of (Insert animal here)? Not really, Hunters have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more nature magic based spells than they should.

Aren’t they the only nature users outside of druids? It kind of makes sense, since they have to be in the wild to get their animals and such. Plus, they do tame magical beasts. That probably makes nature magic a necessity. Just my two cents.

Sure, but most Hunters lore characters don’t delve deeply into nature magic, not even Rexxar does, it’s just one of the gameplay quirks.

I’ve always seen hunter’s nature magic as somewhat innate. The one I never understand was arcane shot. Are there hunters in the lore using a bunch of arcane magic?

My problems with Necromancer and other edgy classes goes deeper than petty rivalry.

Classes in this game are very loyal to Warcraft 3.
Death knights are loyal Necromancers from Warcraft 3, they even have the OG necromancer abilities from that game.

Bards, another common ask. Don’t have any presence in universe.

Tinkers are loyal. Easy, and fit with modern class design.

The fact that they make Edgelords angry is just gravy

Momma didn’t raise no quitter.

5 Likes

tinker is a lame class name