Gazlowe and Gelbin, Tinkers? New Class?

My problem with necromancers is that it doesn’t need to be an entire class. Blizzard could easily make a ranged DK spec, though they’d probably have to gut Unholy and return it to a dot/plague spreader.

Same goes for Dark Ranger. That can be a 4th hunter spec. There’s no reason for a whole class. It’d end up like Demon Hunter, which, in my opinion, is incomplete at two specs and far too limited in racial options.

Also, no, Hunters are very specifically designed as a class. They basically learn Harvest Witches(Pre-Worgen curse) levels of nature magic. Arcane shot is either arrows enchanted with Arcane runes or the Hunter also know a little bit of Arcane as well.

Even Freezing Trap is most likely an Arcane-Frost rune inside a bear trap that when it breaks freezes the person that broke it.

Lore characters are more “Rangers”, they are just really good with a bow, or in Sylvannas or Alleria’s case, infused with some sort of magic, death and void respectively.

As far as I know, there is no character that truly represents their class fantasy for Hunter’s that are basically Wayfarers in Divinity Original Sin. Good with a ranged weapon and learned how to cast a spell or two to better defend themselves.

still. Tinkers, they most definitely are not.
The two classes do no connect

couldn’t agree more. I’d love a better name.

I agree. Tinker is the only unique idea out of those. IT could be it’s own class. Necro and Dark ranger really couldn’t.

1 Like

Blasphemy!

Seriously though, it’s a term with Irish and Scottish roots. I’m a fan.

2 Likes

But surely Tinkerer would be better?

tinker isn’t going to happen, druids for vulpera should happen instead

/sprays water at Kyudon

Git!

1 Like

I mean. We have assets, abilities, and even NPCs on exiles reach.

Let me put it this way. If tinkers aren’t in development. Then blizzard is putting a crazy amount of effort into something they don’t intend to use.

That’s been the case for the past 16 years. New classes or no.

3 Likes

Necromancers or bards first.

I would prefer if you created and maintained a single Tinker Megathread, as opposed to creating a new one every few days.

While I fully support Tinkers and their inclusion in the game, you will win fewer sympathies by continuously spamming the same topic over and over again.

I would love playable Kelfin as well, which is why I involve myself in the megathread and tend to ignore the smaller ones. Eventually the constant barrage of new threads about the same topic just looks like spam.

#TinkerSquad

:four_leaf_clover:

“I want a repeat of a class we already have, or a class that doesn’t belong in Warcraft first”

I only start a new thread once the old ones have well and truly died out. I am the final reply on all of my threads. And I usually wait a bare minimum of 24 hours before making another one

1 Like

Okay? I’m not sure what this information has to do with my suggestion?

You just made me stand against Tinkers. That exact argument can be used against Tinker. We have hunters. We have engineers.

Blizz, we don’t want tinker class.

Neither of those are Tinkers. Engineers aren’t even a class Dude.

Is there a different way to create a Megathread?

Yes we do

3 Likes

Neither hunter nor engineers use mech suits.

4 Likes

I would assume that you would mimic the dozen of those megathreads that already exist? There are active ones about Kelfin, Mechagnomes, Necromancers, Unpruning, etc.

Please don’t misunderstand me, or if I have been unclear, I apologize for not presenting myself properly; I am in no shape ordering you to stop making threads, telling you how to advocate for Tinkers, or otherwise attempting to subvert your passion.

I am merely offering a suggestion based on my own perspectives of the forums, and those who I know who come here. The more often I see the same (or a similar) topic by the same poster, the more likely I am to ignore them.

In some of the more extreme cases (which you haven’t not crossed that line) I see the poster as obsessive. I am less inclined to support their passion, as I am to merely feel sympathy for their ills. It can be a tight rope to walk, and I hope that you don’t fall off!

#TinkerSquad

1 Like

The best character in legion is also a tinker

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Grand_Artificer_Romuul

Druids for every race should happen before vulpera is even considered. Even undead.

1 Like

I understand that. I use my threads as a way to drum up hype; and ask questions about a theoretical class. A single thread isn’t as good for that.

Also. I tend to rely on negative opinions to keep threads up. Usually people that show up with uneducated arguments like “engineering = Tinker class” leads to a lot of positivity for tinkers. Everyone likes to laugh at ignorant arguments.

2 Likes

I appreciate that you took the time to understand my perspective, and explain yours to me in better detail. Carry on, weary soldier!

#TinkerSquad

3 Likes

Not only is he a tinker, he is one of many examples showing that Tinkers can be more than Goblins and Gnomes

1 Like