Gay night elf marriage is now part of lore SPOILERS

That would be great if more intolerant people left for Horde. Maybe they should marry Anduin and Wrathion to start the exodus.

1 Like

This is false. There does not have to be a relationship thanks to science. We can even clone life with zero consent.

In Shadowlands, He stays in Shadowlands, for me I see that it is from another world, and not from Azeroth or Draenor, and also if it is not that they burned his tree, he is already with these things.

It the first of its kind in WoW thus it make it special. Nothing more and nothing less then that.

I leave the dialog muted during the whole thing. I mute it before I start the quest chain, and just play a music play list while I do the quests.

1 Like

The irony of people who might possible be offended is that this is a game heavily steeped in witchcraft and witchery, and magic of all kinds. Which are expressly forbidden in the bibleā€¦ But they will balk at gay stuffā€¦ Anyone else feel the Irony.

Let people do what they want so long as it doesnā€™t hurt me or mine. And I donā€™t think a gay person just being gay can hurt meā€¦

9 Likes

This is a utter waste of timeā€¦ Whocares what a NPC wants to sleep withā€¦ This we have to include everything into everything is getting oldā€¦ Also Glad im Horde

2 Likes

it is i didnt noticeā€¦

Good stay there! Oh and tell the lesbian goblins I said hi.

4 Likes

I think a lot of straight people donā€™t realize that straight relationships are present but theyā€™re so normal that it forms a sort of background noise. Here are some het relationships I can think of off the top of my head over the years.

-Mankrikā€™s wife
-Auberdine had a quest where a woman asks you to track down her husband. Turns out heā€™s dead and they have a touching farewell (ā€œHow can I face all the ages of the world without you by my side?ā€)
-Jaina had to navigate her attraction to Arthas and Kaelā€™s attraction to her. This came up more than once in Wrath.
-Farmer Saldean in Westfall has a wife wandering around his farm
-Tyrande and Malfā€™s relationship has cropped up multiple times over the years.
-Thrall and Aggraā€™s poorly written love.
-If youā€™re alliance, the expedition to mechagnome island has a female gnome ask you to ensure her male goblin partner (marriage isnā€™t established) gets to come along too.
-Varian wrynnā€™s wifeā€™s death gets covered a lot as part of Defias lore.
-Morā€™ladim was a big quest chain in duskwood and mentions he had a wife.
-The dragons all had cis consorts.
-Genn has a wife we hear about.
-Moira gets kidnapped and brainwashed and has a baby so thatā€™s a relationship? I guess? Man that one is SO problematic but itā€™s also a depiction of a het relationship.
-Jainaā€™s parents are male/female.
-Thrallā€™s parents.
-I barely played MOP and skipped WoD but Iā€™m 99% sure there was a farmer family or two that showed a ā€œtraditionalā€ family but I could be wrong.
-Stalven Mistmantleā€™s attraction to his student is creepy and gross but also het attraction.
-Alleria and Turalyon.

These were in no particular order, but I did want to illustrate how blizzard has done male-female attraction both in positive and negative depictions. People keep saying WoW doesnā€™t have romance or relationships, but there are several examples off I could think of off the top of my head over the years.

10 Likes

Thanks for the list! Iā€™d give ya a like, but Iā€™m out.

I have one to add, because I loved the entire context. Warbrave Oro, in Legion. You can discover his wife and two boys and they all have little bits of text you can read. I love it for the depiction of losing a spouse and the impact it has on the family. I need to go back on a character who hasnā€™t gotten to Oroā€™s death because I believe his wife has a different interaction.

Shoot, thereā€™s a ton of them in BfA alone.
You have weddings, secret romances, flirting, RomCom style third party helping a guy impress his crush, etc

You also have Auricā€™s Angels, which are just creepy on so many levels but I guess can be seen as a little LGBT representation.

I mean, technically thereā€™s been a lot of LGBT representation in the game over the years but it gets overlooked often because itā€™s a usually depicted as in game joke or is hidden behind side quests or something like enchanting quest in legion

Thatā€™s so cool! I think a lot of these little details add depth to the game. I can identify with and empathize with straight peopleā€™s stories so it always seems odd that some straight people see lgbtq+ romances as an agenda and not as a human experience.

There are so many more I missed too. I feel like the LGBT representation is much more implicit than explicit though, which is a trend Iā€™m glad is changing in this expansion even if just a little.

2 Likes

Forgot about Sappronetta and Grizzek, the gnome -goblin couple introduced in the novel, who had more than a few appearences and mentions in game.

1 Like

The straight agenda is getting old, right?

Taliesin said itā€™s okay to have the gay Night Elf duo, so itā€™s okay.

Wow, the amount of activity this got surprised me. Really, this should be way too normal nowadays.

this thread just sums up how homophobic the world of warcraft community is

not to mention racist, and sexist

buncha old boomers

4 Likes

Itā€™s very minor and barely mentioned. Not a big deal.

I have no doubt they did it just to virtue signal and get a round of positive coverage and headlines from Gaming Urinalists - and these two hombres will be friend-zoning each other real fast in the Chinese version - but whatevs. Itā€™s like 2-3 lines. People will survive it.

Not even boomers, just sad people who need others to be as unhappy as they are.

The unfortunate truth is that MMO attract some of the worst people who canā€™t function in society. Gotta love the ā€˜Blockā€™ and ā€˜Reportā€™ buttons

1 Like