Gay night elf marriage is now part of lore SPOILERS

hey turns out that guy’s leaf hair comment was right all along

4 Likes

Meh.

/waves hand

Makes no difference to me.

2 Likes

Maybe people just want to be represented in video games and it doesn’t have to be a deeper meaning.

11 Likes

They specifically use the word “husband”, seems pretty marriage-y to me :rainbow_flag:

14 Likes

Because this is actually a pretty big news in term this being the first time something like this is done. If anything the fact this thread is as long as it is, is proof that this is actually something out of the ordinary and a more positive response to things like this might make Blizzard more likely to add more in the future.

This is pride month, if anything this just shows how some people are pretty stupid and how a company can actually do something that is nice.

5 Likes

Sexuality is used as a marketing ploy every day in a multitude of ways for innumerable products.

Whenever you see a scantily clad, buxom beauty, with legs for days in an advertisement, that’s sexuality being used as a marketing ploy. Whenever you see a chiseled shirtless guy with enviable biceps and a butt you can bounce a quarter off of in an advertisement, that’s also sexuality being used as a marketing ploy.

The real evidence of social progress will be when things like this don’t register enough of a blip to even warrant making a post in the first place.

Representation in a variety of media is a small thing but it helps. Not only to increase visibility of minorities to the majority, but it also helps those who are minorities to feel included.

19 Likes

NE’s just love everybody… as long as you don’t cut any tree’s down or kick kittens and puppies. Then they go barbarian savage.

5 Likes

Yeah. :rainbow_flag:

2 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and speak for my fellow gays by saying we probably hate that more than you do.

I get excited when I find out a character is gay. Not like “throw a party” excited, but it puts a smile on my face, validation feels nice. Then it all goes out the window when the character is so stereotypical and shallow, it’s basically a caricature. Like you said, they are there for social media points, it’s a hallow gesture.

6 Likes

They’re a California-based company. What did you expect?

2 Likes

I kinda love it and hate it at the same time… bit of a mixed blessing, and I think currently hate it more than love it.

1 Like

I read your name as well
Lesbianfriends

I giggled, help.

2 Likes

They are also pretty global and do tend to avoid…controversy when it can.

I’ll wait and see.

The only interesting thing so far is a comment made down the page that it doesn’t necessarily state (at this point in time) that these are even Kaldorei, that this may not even be Kaldorei lore. This sounds like it could actually open up a lot more for the world than proccing rainbow flags in forum posts.

It is possible that, if Elune is a goddess powerful enough to not just be around Azeroth, that another world could have given birth to the first Night Warrior. These could be aliens, this could be from a world that was eventually gobbled up by the Legion after the Night Warrior faded away.

2 Likes

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

How is that a problem? All Night Elves worship Elune.

well i mis that at first all and all if it’s a good story i approve

I scroll down to comment, and the first thing I see is about procreation.

Alright, i’m out on this one.

1 Like

If you think nelf fans don’t like gay people, you haven’t been paying attention to the R34.

1 Like