Gay night elf marriage is now part of lore SPOILERS

The quote was specifically about how Spongebob was not gay and the comparison to sexuality was asexual. Yes I know about sponges reproduction but in Spongebobs own case he never seemed interested in romance, with any person.

1 Like

Iā€™m quite sure he was referring to his species. And I donā€™t know why anybody cares about a fictional characters fantasies to the point thatā€™s the only thing worth focusing on.

ā€œIt doesnā€™t have anything to do with what weā€™re trying to do,ā€ Hillenburg tells Reuters. ā€œWe never intended them to be gay. I consider them to be almost asexual. Weā€™re just trying to be funny and this has got nothing to do with the show.

That is the exact quote, decide what you will on what that means.

2 Likes

Spongebob is gay because enough people have said heā€™s gay, itā€™s just like when everyone on the wow forums goes on about Anduin being gay when heā€™s obviously not. Itā€™s a weird group that constantly pushes for gay stuff. Even in this thread thereā€™s a suggestion of Garrosh being gay when heā€™s also obviously not. Over time these characters may become gay just to shut people up because itā€™s obnoxious.

1 Like

I think heā€™s basically saying that the show was intended to be for comedy and for simple entertainment, not to be turned into a silly political debate.

1 Like

There was a night elf priestessā€™ ghost and her female satyr lover as part of the Legion enchanting questline. Itā€™s a thing.
/shrug

3 Likes

I remember that. This is nothing new.

How is Garrosh obviously straight? :man_shrugging:

Donā€™t answer this question Oj, that is a trap.

Good. Thank you Blizzard.

1 Like

Well for one, this would be the first time gay marriage is actually added. Two, this is probably the first time two males character are outright stated to be in a relationship.

Yes and no, 2005 feel like a lifetime ago and now gay people and the implication of having non-straight characters is now all but normal in the US media. For all we know he said that because any other response would mean a backlash to the show.
Also, claiming Spongebob is now an actual asexual character in the way we define it now would mean they are not really changing anything that he was before.

2 Likes

Maybe in another 16 years we can gay male characters on screen who are alive.

9 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™m not discussing this further. I believe we are done. I already made my point and that is that.

Saying anything that could remotely cause conflict even when itā€™s not intended to can draw the ire of mods. Iā€™m not here to attack anybody and especially not subtly.

1 Like

How is asking for simple evidence that Garrosh is straight, a trap?
Surely if itā€™s obvious, it should be easy to prove :blush:

I have seen far too many people get the hammer answering that particular question about a character and then being burned alive. Itā€™s too controversial.

huhā€¦ for some reason, i was under the impression the night-warrior was female only. just goes to show, donā€™t judge a fictional-race based on the fact the women are more prevailant than the men.

So what Corpsegrinder said is true, basically thereā€™s no point to insult him back then.

You mean the guy who wanted Alliance players to die in real life as well as in game? Yeah. Of course he did nothing wrong :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I would question your reading comprehension. Iā€™m just saying so what about it. I donā€™t really care that much about 2 guys being in love. I care about the writers actually doing their jobs and not destroy the story any further than they had done with BFAā€™s entire storyline. Out of the entire expansions the story for bfa is even more non-nonsensical than WoD.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty well word for word what I told my kids, first time they noticed two guys acting amorously together.

I never understood folk complaining about gays in public, saying: ā€œbut if my children see them, how will I explain to them where gays put their whatsies?ā€ Iā€™ve never felt a need to explain to kids every variation of intimate behaviour a heterosexual couple might indulge in.

If kids first learn about love, kindness and respect, the details can come when theyā€™re ready for them.

6 Likes