Gay night elf marriage is now part of lore SPOILERS

I appreciate the fact that you didn’t bother answering the questions I posed regarding your method of teaching.

Whether or not it’s in bad faith is irrelevant, what I’ve been addressing is if somebody is going to complain that other people aren’t changing for that person’s benefit, they have to help them change.

I appreciate you trying to ignore addressing the principles I have outlined as well. You are behaving as though everybody is demanding to be taught while simultaneously not being willing to learn. You are avoiding addressing what I have said about those who are willing to learn.

The principle you have outlined suggests that a teacher can complain about a student who has failed a test, when that teacher hasn’t done their due diligence and provided said student with the information they need to pass their test.

You are focusing on a minut example on the opposite end of the conversation at hand.
I know this is difficult to realize, but I’m confident that you, as a teacher, will understand that you are attempting to compare apples to oranges.

All of that having been said, you don’t get somebody on your side by abrasively demanding they do it. Maybe you can force them on the outside, but they’re never going to be on your side under those circumstances. I don’t know what kind of teacher you are, but if you remember anything from your grade school history book, this is plain to see.

I appreciate you focusing so hard on a distraction. Anyway, I have tenure, so o don’t have to explain that to anyone anymore. Either the students do the work outside of class or they don’t. If they don’t, I am not a tutor.

Someone in a discriminated-against group should not be expected to be a moral tutor in their every day life. If you’re so clever, you do that work for them.

No, they don’t. You might argue that it will be more efficient for them to do that, but it isn’t their responsibility to do so. You are free to do it, or leave them alone about it, because unless you are actually helping them, you’re just talking to hear yourself speak.

And yet, you still lost the moral high ground. Way to read the zeitgeist.

no just no.

No, it’s the main point and you’re choosing to ignore it in an attempt to justify the silliness of your previous posts…

Actually, because you elected to qualify your authority on the topic by stating that you’re a teacher, you do have to explain it. Unless you were simply attempting to employ an appeal to authority fallacy.

Right, what were Gandhi and MLK thinking? They should have just left it up to everybody else to learn on their own. That would have been better.

My position is that they are not qualified to complain if they have the tools at their disposal to make a difference and choose not to. It’s exactly the same as some schlub barely scraping by at work and complaining that he never gets a promotion when he’s not willing to show his supervisors he deserves it.

What moral high ground is that exactly? You seem to be alluding to an as-of-yet undefined morality when morality, as I have already stated plainly, and an English, is not what’s up for debate. You’re clearly not paying attention, or you don’t care. Either way, nothing you’ve said at this point has addressed any of the points I have actually made (I’m going to have to assume you don’t teach debate).

So you are going to hold every queer person to the standard of Ghandi or MLK?

And you don’t think that’s an absurd position?

If you have similar experience, we can talk, but if not, I don’t see the need. Actually, I am reasonably sure there is no need. The salient point is that you can’t teach someone who doesn’t actually give a crap about learning.

But, I teach statistics to undergraduates and graduate students, and courses in pedagogy to graduate students.

In effect what you’ve been arguing this entire time is that it’s not a teacher’s responsibility to do their due diligence or teach. With that in mind, I have little confidence in the future of your students or anybody else who’s attempted to model real-world change on you.

I have to say then that I’m not surprised by your lack of ability to stay on-point or address what’s actually being discussed.

Academic statistics does not translate to the necessities required to achieve/impact social change (which relies not the least on a fundamental understanding of human psychology). As for the rest, you haven’t been capable of addressing my points so I won’t bother with yours.

Whether it be genuine irony or intentional trolling, your assertions and rebuttals have been intellectually dishonest (“in bad faith”).

This doesn’t bother me at all. It’s one of those things though that isn’t really a problem but some people have and will make it one for themselves which is just sad.

3 Likes

I also hope for some miracle.
After all, when we ask for something, they always mention lore as an impediment that we must accept as immutable, but when blizzard runs over lore for convenience, we should just thank, wave and smile.

No, it isn’t a teacher’s responsibility to cram knowledge down the gullet of someone that doesn’t want it. A teacher points out where the knowledge is, and then the student learns.

You might be thinking of a tutor, but only karen-like helicopter parents expect teachers to be tutors. Unfortunately for them, Timmy still gets an F.

Given the rate you cherry-pick side points, that is amusing.

Are you claiming some special expertise here?

And here is where you demonstrate that you don’t even know what that term means. Nice.

This sums up my exact feelings on the matter.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, how many of my points did you entirely not address? As a teacher of statistics, run the numbers on that for me XD

" Intentionally committed fallacies in debates and reasoning are called intellectual dishonesty ." I’ll defer to the entirety of your responses to me. Go ahead, go back and read them.

Leftist… lol

2 Likes

My view on it is what ever but this sounds more like placating the masses with another forced idea shoved in everyone face.

As to the 2 arguing about this whole thing you can NOT change people by FORCE you can not change them by DEMANDING they accept you. You will never win them over by abusing them or anything else negative as many do right now on social media.

I feel so bad cause I am Trans and I am not one of these demanding self center followers who expects you to address me as I demand. I bowed out of the whole gay trans movement when it went militant and abusive. After all these years it still has not changed.

Yes they do not like us and yes they say things about us but many feed into those stereotypes and here we are.

Good story is a good story and is welcomed a forced story to tick a few PC boxes is a bad story.

1 Like

People just be happy you’re alive, stop needing and stop praising representation.

There’s no such thing as representation as we’re all already unique and can’t be represented by a likeness. Besides, you’re better than the thing you claim represents you, and you’re not just gay which is your only likeness to a gay character. Besides why do you want to be represented by a gay character instead of a character who happens to be gay? Lastly, stop praising every gay thing, we’re getting awful cartoon, hero, and book/movie/show characters because you keep accepting/approving each one that gets revealed, just because they’re gay and for no other meaningful reason. It’s a disservice. At least blizzard seems to have crafted an interesting story with captivating characters here, and without revealing or announcing anything, they simply let it unfold naturally,

The only way to make lgbtq normal is too to stop acting like it’s different / special and stop making it extra. Constantly praising lgbtq in media and products is only drawing more attention to it, which is a disservice to us because we want everyone on the planet to be considered normal and natural. We won’t achieve normal and natural if people are always seeking to be represented and always being so prideful and always praising support and inclusion especially from companies and businesses who exploit us by acting like they care.

It’s not progressive it’s more like a gimmick to make you think it’s progressive. It’s a trend and it’s safe to pretend to support different groups now. Besides, the majority of players are probably lgbtq so it’s probably the more businessy thing to do this now. It’s a checkbox.

Just be happy and stop relying on stuff to ‘represent’ you, you are already the cool thing

6 Likes

Well said Nutso.

Just adding some positivity here +++

1 Like

Representation is the step towards normalization.
idk how you missed that.

9 Likes

Inclusion and representation is so utterly important.

:rainbow:

6 Likes

Wait…so the in game male/male marriage is most likely night elves - a race where their warriors (lore wise) are predominantly female and make the first night warrior (a more recent addition to their lore) male? Make up your damn mind blizzard, first you burn down their capitol and now your rewriting their lore - better give these people a LOT of neat appearance options to make up for it lol.

This was probably one of the most intelligent and well reasoned posts I’ve ever read on the forums.