Gay night elf marriage is now part of lore SPOILERS

Their position is a moral one, not one of fact. Either you are interested in understanding that moral position, or you aren’t.

If you aren’t and you claim it is their responsibility to “teach” you, you’re just arguing in bad faith.

2 Likes

Well, that’s what we call a stretch because at that point you are simply mixing two languages to create a word when the word “Luna” or “Lune” (Spanish and French respectively) most likely hold the basis of explanation as it requires the least amount of unneeded logic.

What do you imagine the writers, way back when, deciding on the religion of the Night Elves. Option A) Should we call her Elune, because El in Spanish mean The, and Une means One in French?

Or option B) What if we add an E in front of the word Lune? Seems fitting for the moon Goddess.

I’ll say again. Perhaps Elune shouldn’t be classed as a Goddess. Folks made this error in assuming the Night Warrior was female only. In the interest of raising the point, I merely say again that I think people should not make the error or assumption that Elune is a female. Gods are not like mortals.

We need to shed gender roles, not selectively embrace them. If the Night Warrior can be male, Elune could easily have a male aspect to it as well. Case and point Tsukuyomi. That is what came to mind for me when I heard the first Night Warrior was a male. This also opens the idea for a feminine and masculine Sun entity as well. Don’t get bent out of shape. ^^

I mean I’ve said many a times this is my take on things and may or may not be canon. /pat /pat

1 Like

I think B is almost certainly what happened.

It’s always weird to me how people revile a fictional (or real) gay character (or person)

It’s like they can’t comprehend how two adults can mind their own business in private.

Like they believe that it’s an afront to their world view or something.

and these are probably the same people that complain about REEEing in videogames.

gay people exist, humans are sexual and social creatures. It’s like people don’t know this and instead chose to act like children.

1 Like

And your point is what exactly? This also presupposes that nobody is willing to learn. And in fact, there are many people who are willing to learn. Several in this thread actually, if you take the time to read.

My initial position was that telling people it’s not your job to teach them, when they are actively trying to learn, makes you part of the problem if you have that knowledge.

A position of morality and not a position of fact? This isn’t a discussion as to whether or not it’s moral. It’s a discussion as to how to effectively create change.

You suggested, as a teacher, that the student has to be interested to learn. Do you mean to tell me, as a teacher, you don’t bother trying to teach those who don’t want to learn? Or do you simply just not require them to pass?

That is the essence of what I have been saying. If you’re going to set a benchmark and expect people to meet it, you have to provide them the tools if you are the one expecting them to meet it. Nobody but you is obligated to justify your position for you when you make a demand.

and?

do their genders matter whatsoever? no
what is important is the story

You know, I always wondered if one of their writers played pen and paper Forgotten Realms and renamed the moon goddess Selune in that setting by dropping the S and she becomes Elune

1 Like

That the “you must teach me” position is one taken in bad faith. I made it rather clear.

2 Likes

You mean like they made half of the Overwatch cast gay, just because?

Khadgar is about as generi-wizard as Elminster.

Two characters does not equal half.

3 Likes

And what I’ve been telling you is that the Night Elf society wasn’t like this and even though they have been trying to open branches for druids and priests to be either gender, it takes way more than 15 years, especially for a long-lived race, to change their ways. Most Night Elves alive now lived from the time that the vast majority of males were either druids, highborne mages or civilians with very few exceptions in between.

It simply wouldn’t make sense they suddenly decide to stop referring to Elune as a Goddess when they have been doing so ever since their Dark Trolls ancestors were “blessed” by her. And even with the Earthmother theory, An’she and Mu’sha are her eyes. An’she is a man, Mu’sha a woman.

What I am trying to say here that even if they were genderless or their gender are reversed or whatever, their societies viewed them in a specific way and their societies acted in specific ways. Males were not allowed to be priests until the fall of Nordrassil, this isn’t assumption, this is the lore we have been given. All I ask for Blizzard is to have a really good story on why he was such an important exception instead of some just lazy explanation that breaks the story that they have created.

3 Likes

anduin/wrathion/baine/prophet velan

not really the first time, just the first time one admitted to dating the other.

and again it doesn’t really matter whatsoever especially in the night fae zone that has to do with reincarnation like what if at one point they were male/female female/female couple, being reborn, the gender is rng, so basically who cares what the gender is, if the souls are soulmates, they will always be together no matter what gender they respawn as.

Even more reasons to play the horde. This kind of story telling is not my cup of tea.

And all I am saying is that maybe we should be open to the idea, that like all male-driven and female-driven societies of antiquity… they got it wrong. I fully expect a good story to be forthcoming. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s not like horde players have access to Ardenweald questing.

oh wait.

2 Likes

Well this one might actually not be accessible to Horde because it is a night warrior questline.

Valsharah was open to both factions. You help tyrande and malfurion.

Ardenweald is a continuation of that plot.

From my understanding this will be Alliance specific due to the whole night warrior being something initially something to be used against the Horde.

The Horde’s faction specific conflict will be about Vol’jin possibly becoming a loa.