Gating m+ upgrades is stupid

Its like pvp rating upgrades which works great. I like the new m+ valor system, its skill based.

And the token sales go brrrrr

4 Likes

So… what exactly do you want the gear for?
You clearly won’t be doing M+ and Mythic raiding grants better ilvl.

They want gear so they can complain about not being accepted into 15s despite being 220+, obviously.

1 Like

IDK man, those dailies can be ruthless. :scream:

Maybe on a spec that’s literally 5 tiers above everyone else.

Otherwise i’d rank 15s and KSM about equal. Not hard per say but require a minimum of effort.

Sounds about right for mid-tier gear.

1 Like

Renown literally even isn’t a gate, it’s just a timed metric.

And PvP gating doesn’t exist because everybody and their mother has bought their ratings, or worked hard to get where they are.

This isnt for you if you dont do anything. Its for people who run mythic +s.

I see the issue, you equate effort to privilege.

And why should effort not be rewarded, exactly?

quite the opposite.

gear will be prestigious again.

your little nublet toon will inspect in awe and admiration that orc warrior covered from head to toe in 220 gear.

Now all they need to do is add a tier above KSM.

1 Like

Ah, but it is for new people and was for us, once upon a time. :slight_smile:

So exactly like M+. :wink:

Cutting Edge Stone master.

well according to GD so is KSM

1 Like

I have a higher ilvl than you?

It hasn’t since TBC, sorry. It never will be again.

Gold income inflation and the ability to purchase Gold through tokens practically means that this game has become a P2W service that Blizzard is fully, and apparently with this update, continuing to endorse in-full. Nobody will ever sit in awe of somebody in higher gear than themselves ever again. There is literally no prestige in gear anymore because nobody anymore can tell who actually worked for their gear, and who bought their gear (through paid clearing of content and possibly also all relevant loot drops there-in.)

LFG/LFD has led to this predicament. If this was all in-server and LFG/LFD didn’t exist anymore, this would probably have never been an issue, and gear prestige could still very possibly still be a thing. However, the availability of players not even on your realm to carry you is astounding in this regard.

1 Like

i have more fun in-game than you.

Of course people have bought KSM’s… It’s no surprise and hardly at all a secret.

only bad players buy ksm. Like people complaining here now :wink:

1 Like