Garbage Collection - Community Council Posts

I agree that there’s something that can be done. One of the treatments I thought would be fun is exponentially decaying character power growth. Here’s a longer link about it:

(It’s worth noting here though that secondaries all have hard caps in the 25k-40k range, so the only thing that really ends up scaling is primary stat, which means after a point, only 12% of thread drops matter.)

Not trying to stump or anything for it, just share ideas. But if players knew they could get 25 runs worth of content by “turning off” God Mode, they would likely do it after their daily chores are done. I think it’s worth remembering though one of the spirits of remix is a Diablo 3 Paragon Season where you have the chance to just blast through maps and grow as big as you can within the time limits.

And as far as ELO or whatnot, here is a really old suggestion (Shadowlands) that had some functionality for priority queues based on how well received you’ve been among community members. Instead of FIFO, it would run down the priority stack on positive reinforcement:

If you’re a good person to play with, and new players rank you positively, there’s no reason to exclude you from the new player experience. Having guides and experienced players helping “show the ropes” and showcase what’s capable is better than a mode full of smurfs and twinks (my opinion).

1 Like