Gaming Keypad for Girls

Are there any female gamers here who use a gaming keypad, specifically the Razer tartarus? I’m ordering my GF a new computer, and was looking at keypads. I was going to go with the Tartarus but I’m worried it will be too big as she has smaller hands? Has anyone used it and have feedback? If it’s too big, what keypad do you use? Thank you.

1 Like

Could just get a multi button mouse like a Naga and be better off lol.

14 Likes

I thought the Naga would be sweet but ended up hating it. While that many buttons seems nice, for some reason it just never clicked with me.

7 Likes

Girl here, i use a Radioshack keyboard :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Need to find out what she likes/needs and go from there man. Best to go to the source.

5 Likes

Girl here, though not really of much use with the issue you’re trying to address given the fact that my hands are as large as my dad’s. I use a Logitech G600, and my first one lasted through 5 years of heavy WoW use, and is only now being replaced due to a worn right click. I find buttons on the mouse makes ability use drastically easier and more efficient.

3 Likes

I have tiny hands and use a Deathadder Razer Elite programmable mouse.

Would take this advice though :point_up:t3: Been together almost 20 years, my husband’s gifts are always great when he lets me pick them out.

10 Likes

I did ask her, that’s why I came here. Turns out since she doesn’t already have one, and hasn’t used one, she doesn’t actually know if it’s too big for her hand.

2 Likes

Me and my wife just upgraded to tartarus. Shes committing to hers by leveling a new rogue to familiarize with the settings. She has hands around my size though with mine only being a little bit longer.

It IS a consideration honestly that if your wife has small hands on average it may be too big. I’d also mention if she has become accustomed to using a keyboard already - JUMP is not where your space key is… you gotta do a custom bind and relearn how to use it on the fly. The rest of the tartarus can be set up to match that 1/4 size of your keyboard space of keys you have.

I must say I love the joystick on it. Thats the big game changer. I have not tried it with any content that is even slightly difficult yet myself as I can tell its dlowing me down… gotta keep playing with it and see if it works out.

But compared to my chroma the keys are larger and more spread out… this makes modifier buttons like ctrl or shift + 1 a much bigger stretch. Bear this in mind.

Edit. Nevermind the keys are exactly the same size I just dont like new things.

2 Likes

OH And one more thing!

Dont get the PRO one. Its available in a nice white color but really… the OG one is better because it has mechanical keys. I hate the cheap feel of my Pro’s non-mechnical keys.

Its supposed to be better cause it uses a different membrane that can take in more information by how hard you press but really that has almost no bearing on games like Wow.

1 Like

Does it matter? Gamer girls are no different from guys.

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I fell in love with Corsair’s product instead, though. Everybody’s different.

My wife has used a Tartarus for years, she uses an Orbweaver now. She loves/loved her game pad, she also had a Naga that she used but didn’t like the thumb pad on the side.

I use a Logitech G600 gaming mouse (Logitech version of a Naga). I love my G600, I find it much better to use a gaming mouse with thumb pad and leave my other hand free on the keyboard for WASD and other keys. The G600 also has the addition of a 3rd (or rather 4th counting the scroll wheel) button that can be bound to function as a Shift modifier for your actionbar so you can more easily use Shift macros. Or whatever else keybind you want. I use mine for Push-to-Talk.

Still my wife loves her gamepad so either will work, it just depends on your/her playstyle.

I’m a male with small hands and I’m able to hit a fair number of keys. I don’t think your GF will struggle either.

1 Like

Hey same goes for us men usually, and we can be very specific haha. Good on you and your relationship.

1 Like

How do you even manage to do that? I mean, it’s got to be a million years old.

If you buy it on Amazon, you can send it back in 30 days or less. You could try a smaller programmable half keyboard the same way. You might also find some diy mechanical keyboard sites and realize you could wire up one that is custom designed for her hand too. Then you might not have any money left to pay for WoW, but man you’d have some nice keyboards.

I’m not a girl (no really, I’m not), but I will admit my hooves are on the smaller side, so my experience may be relevant.

I’ve been using the Logitech G13 gamepad since almost all the way back to Wrath when I first started playing. It also has a handy little display with basic stats on my toon, and displays messages like when an auction has expired.

I also use a Razer Naga with the twelve buttons on the left side for your thumb, which took some getting used to over several weeks (it came with some adhesive trainer bumps you can put on some keys until you get used to it). It was definitely worth the effort. I have the 12 buttons on the side as my hot bar (just the numbers 1 through 9 plus 0, -, and =) for my primary abilities.

The G13 and Naga in combination give me four more button bars of abilities. I use the joystick on the G13 with each joystick direction corresponding to SHIFT, ALT, CTRL, ALT-CTRL. And I have the corresponding keybinds set up for the corresponding four button bars. So joystick left is SHIFT and then I simultaneously press the number five on the mouse for my CC ability.

The only time I use the keyboard is to type out a message in chat.

But it really comes down to personal preference and anything that is different than an ordinary mouse and keyboard, if that is what she’s traditionally been using, will take a little time to get used to and set up to her liking.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

The Razer Tartarus I’ve heard mixed feedback on. Rn im just holding off on anything and I’m probably just going to get a nicer keyboard than what I have. But if you’re dead set on a keypad, I forget if it’s the Tartarus or a different keypad that razer has but I believe at least one of the ones they sell has an adjustable palm rest.

Edit: If you’re also looking for a mouse I use a Logitech G502. My hands are on the smaller side and it works perfectly fine for me. I know some people hate the extra buttons but honestly, I hardly use any of them, I just have them bound to keys that I rarely if ever use because I don’t like to change my dpi on accident all of the time

1 Like

I hate them.

1 Like