Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

That thing turned out to be way overrated. (Kinda like a pressure cooker was) Even crackpots. Unless you do some marinating the night before or some searing and sauteing food just tastes blah - barring a few recipes.

Gotta agree - even to a bread maker. Had an old one that was great when the house was full of my kids and friends. It eventually died after 15 years. I just use my cuisinart mixer to knead the dough for me now. (RA hands sadly can’t do it anymore), but it works fine that way.

1 Like

I’m generally not fond of spending more time making the food than eating it. When my wife is away I pretty much live on sandwiches, raw fruit, veggies and maybe, just maybe I single-handedly make the local bakery profitable that week.

Mmmm… maybe I need to learn to eat more slowly.

I wish I had a good bakery around me. All the bakeries here are just doughnut shops.

2 Likes

See, I dont count the time where I can be entirely doing something else as time spent making food. Even if the slow cooker needs 6 hours for a pot roast, I could be cleaning my house or running dungeons. Actual time spent “cooking” is like a few minutes chopping vegetables and pressing “on”

1 Like

So you just take the stuff from the store and drop it into the slow cooker? That’s cool. If I have to spend time cutting, trimming, preparing, spicing and so on, that’s time. No thanks.

looks in a mirror Go fetch me a sandwich!

1 Like

Most people have bad Kitchen UIs.

Get some cooking addons like under-cupboard hooks, or an ikea pegboard. Once I got a bunch of stuff off the counter and onto the wall my work got waaay faster.

putting flour in a bread machine results in flour not bread

1 Like

True, but my way after I’m done with dinner and reading the paper 20 minutes later all I have to do is toss a paper towel and wash a preparation knife.

Honestly, your way sounds much tastier but my way leaves much more time for frivolity.

That’s what I do! Works great.

I do that for scratch pizza, but not regular bread.

Home made fresh pizza dough is such a treat. Also, anything sold as “pizza sauce” is a fraud that’s full of corn syrup. Get you one of those tiny cans of pure tomato paste and spoon it on thick. If you need herbs or spice, shake them on top. Don’t skimp on the olive oil.

1 Like

This is the pizza sauce recipe I use:

It’s fantastic.

2 Likes

Veal Demi glacé is amazing.

Braised short ribs with a veal Demi glacé gravy on risotto is pure heaven

I totally see where she is coming from, but my oven doesnt get super hot and my number one pet peeve is a soggy crust. A thick sauce prevents sogginess and bakes the flavour right in.

Yeah, mine doesn’t get hot enough either. I use a pizza stone and that helps a ton.

You know, you are almost selling me on an Instant :slight_smile: I have just been so hesitant aft er getting 2 of these multi function rice cookers that failed (the overly digital ones with 20 buttons and settings for everything). Like a slow cooker, the one with the single button you just push down are cheap and just work.

I was saving up for a Nutrimill Artiste mixer (more bread focus than a kitenaid) but this might be fun if I was willing to give up cabinet or counter space for it. I may try it in the slow cooker though. zNot sure if my son will eat it though he has been coming around to “our” food. Maybe someday I can get him to eat golumpki :smiley:

Not for me. Forget the cheap cuts. It’s better to buy the best cuts of steak you can find, take a break from gaming and fire up that grill.

Nothing beats a good steak.

1 Like

I like to be able to pack up a meal into tupperware and have several more throughout the week. High quality steak is an amazing dinner, not so much on the reheat. (Coukd make a fried rice or stir fry and chop it up)

I know quite a few people who mill their own flour and bake their own breads. They also have a lot of kids so they usually do a bunch of loaves at a time. They all 100% stand by Bosch mixers (different setup than a stand mixer and seem to be more designed for bread). it’s kinda why I want the Nutrimill Artiste - same design, same company (even can swap parts) but designed for smaller batches and you can get the refurb ones really cheap (like $129 vs $399 for the Bosch). It would be kinda the same as having bread maker and just using it to knead.

1 Like

If you do buy a Instant Pot get name brand one by Instant Pot they 100% back their products…

1 Like

…and here I still use my old George Foreman Grill :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like