Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

Fat is flavour!

You gotta use the drippins for something good like gravy, or frying.

I have all that—also some bonus points with a fish grill(wood only), charcoal grill, smoker & a pig roaster. I also don’t have a microwave because cooking food in a microwave is disgusting.

The whole reason Instant Pot became an overnight phenomenon in the US is because of how few kitchens had pressure cookers at the time. It’s not that they didn’t exist, as a concept, it’s just that they weren’t popular at the time (majority popularity, I mean).

I cooked my way through my entire teens and twenties before I ever owned, considered owning, or even thought of, a pressure cooker. I grew up in the Northeast USA. I can’t think of anything in American cuisine that you need a pressure cooker for that’s actually common around my area.

Heck, even owning one now there’s nothing I make in it that can’t be made without it.

i dont know about america,but bakeries here in melbourne australia open at like 5am in the morning and sell yesterday’s bread realy cheap. buy heaps and just freeze it

They are great…you can do 15 Bean soup with pork cut up …and have it done in less then a hour …no need to soak the beans either…

I don’t believe there are that many beans

She didn’t say 15 kinds of beans. She literally counts out 15 beans.

1 Like

We do have bakeries and most do open really early in the morning. It’s a baking thing and there is a reason for it.

The bakeries around me are just doughnuts and cakes, but when I lived in Atlanta there are real bakeries everywhere.

A popular one is Sweet Hut, but if you live near Atlanta to go there you probably already know it.

I’m making beans in my slow cooker. Bag of red beans, some Cajun seasoning, some smoked pork neckbones, cover with water or vegetable stock. Cook on low. My cooker can go for 10 hours. I make my rice in a rice cooker as it’s just me and my Dad.

I’m vegan though

LOL its called 15 Beans cause there is 15 different type of beans in the mix…very southern thing… great Northern, pinto, large lima, yelloweye, garbanzo, baby lima, green split, kidney, cranberry, small white, pink, small red, yellow split, lentil, navy, white kidney, and black beans.

1 Like

Let me prove you wrong luup…15 Bean soup mix has great Northern, pinto, large lima, yelloweye, garbanzo, baby lima, green split, kidney, cranberry, small white, pink, small red, yellow split, lentil, navy, white kidney, and black beans.

https://youtu.be/4rT5fYMfEUc

Bread machine? Don’t eat enough bread to justify buying one. However, growing up in an Asian household, the 36 years I’ve been alive, we always had access to and used the rice cooker for rice and to pressure cook things. Although we do have both a rice cooker and stand-alone pressure cooker at home these days. I’m curious as to how western kitchens haven’t really had these before the instant pot.

Gotta soak the beans if you slow cook em?

We do. Unless you live in a barn or your grandmother just never showed it to you. A lot of people in the 80s got this weird notion that they were dangerous.

1 Like

Lots of non-southern folks don’t seem to do a lot of braising? Canadians are big fans of ovens, probably because heating the whole house up is considered a feature and not a bug. So like, roast chicken, roast beef, scallop potatoes, meatloaf, chicken wings, beet roast, etc.

We like our ovens. Rice cookers are to make plain white rice for stir fry, or to disgustingly throw a glob of butter on.

1 Like

I don’t. But if you pre soak them you won’t get as “gassy”, but a few drops of Beano fixes that.

Definitely better than hot pockets

Sounds like a recipe for toots :dash: