Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

The only time I ever just my instapot is when I make grapevine leaves. Otherwise it just collects dust.

I use my air fryer almost every day though. That thing was worth every penny.

I’ve never even heard of a bread makers so I can’t comment there. But I do fully advocate people try making their own bread because homemade absolutely trumps anything you can get the store by a long mile.

1 Like

Stock is great for a lot of things yea… risotto, a quick soup, a quick deglaze of a pan to make a sauce in seconds… Just a gravy.

The difference between like a mom’s cooking and a gradma’s cooking.

I’m gonna make a big pot of chili

1 Like

I’ve been learning to do slow-cooker pot-roasts, and (ironically) been sharing that adventure with my guildies in Discord. :slight_smile:

Tease /10 char

I have a large batch of demi-glace going tonight. If you all love pot-roast having some cubes of demi-glace that you can drop in with your pot-roast can be life-changing. Ok, that might be a little exaggerated but only a little.

I mean you’re not lying, but that takes a lot of time and effort for a home dish.

Demi Glace

1 Like

Oh don’t I know it. I am only 10 hours in still at least 8 to go just for this step. Then comes the long wait as it chills.

When I was doing meal kit delivery they would often do a powdered demi-glace. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but it never really seemed like more than a jelly gravy.

I’ll just do a flour n butter roux with a bouillon cube.

Still waiting for an “I quit” topic that says:

Well guys its time to move on, I just don’t have time to make beef, vegetables and bread anymore so I need to focus on what’s important. Naa I’m just kiddin, GFs having a baby and I got this new job and we like to play FF15 on the weekends…

Its so dang good…and it taste just as good next day warmed up…

2 ropes kielbasa smoked sausage sliced
1 pound baby potatoes washed and cut in half
1 cup chicken broth or water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 pound fresh green beans washed and trimmed
2 tablespoons butter optional
2 Likes

I have a microwave.

I literally need no other cooking apparatus.

1 Like

I love my rice cooker! :smiley: I put things in, push a button, and in about an hour I have hot food! :smiley: Mine is also portable. (I highly recommend it. It’s the Zojirushi model #NS-LHC05.)

My only worry about it is I’ve been told it damages the cooker to cook anything other than rice and I do include non-rice things when cooking my rice. I have The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger (I also highly recommend this!) and none of the recipes are just rice.

Do you have any problems with the green beans getting too mushy? This looks amazing but I like my green beans really firm.

Sounds hard, my Microwave Cooking rep is already 141 but to get Homestyle Cooking rep up I gotta first raise Girlfriend rep and Mom rep and that’s a lotta work…

I use mine all the time… I work 10 hour shifts 4 days a week and turn it on before I leave for work, and it is done to perfection when I get home.

I really don’t understand people that put butter on rice. I mean they’re free to eat what they want but it confuses me.

You cut the cook time by 1 min with a instant pot…

You can always just use the bread machine to make the dough and first proof. Then form it into proper loaves for baking in the oven.

2 Likes

A co-worker that’s a bit older than me had an official microwaving class when microwaves were still newish.

I never knew 90% of the things you could really do with chef mike and how much I was actually doing wrong.

My family had one of the first microwave ovens available for/marketed to private consumers. There were whole microwave cookbooks. (I haven’t seen one for a long time.) Honestly, most people today don’t know the full range of use of microwave ovens. They only use it for reheating things when there’s so much more you can do.

1 Like