Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

Air Fryers are nice too

I knew you were a cat!

I tease

3 Likes

ahh I haven’t had a good slow cooker pot roast in a good while now…

And I gave my nice crock pot to my nephew and his lady who I don’t think have even used it.

and now I want a roast.

delicious, tender, juicy crock pot roast…

all seasoned wif deliciousness…

but I can’t have it.

i have no roast.

no. roast.

Most thrift stores have perfectly functioning crock pots and bread machines for like $10 because the second dude who posted in this thread wanted to get it off his counter.

as someone who lives in new orleans and has deep family roots into the actual cajun migration here, i have cookware that’s been passed down generations, along with other pieces i’ve personally sought out to make clean up and cooking easier.

i learned a lot from watching, then helping, my grandparents cook when i was young. my dad’s parents were born and raised along the bayou and taught me a lot about wildlife delicacies such as deer sauce piquant, fried rabbit, seafood gumbos, and the best stuffed crabs you’d ever find. my mom’s parents were a bit more refined but great cooks nonetheless. my grandma was an award winning cook, and my grandpa made some of the best jambalaya, white beans, and other dishes which were prepared in slow cookers.

i’m proud of my heritage and use the same pots and pans they used in honor of what they taught me. while i don’t bake bread to justify buying a bread machine, slow cookers are a staple in our households… i have 3 picked up in the cabinets that i use often- made a pulled pork roast not 3 days ago. =]

1 Like

I love my Instant Pot.

1 Like

Zoodles, zucchini noodles

1 Like

Where I’m from, Zoodles are way different from zucchini noodles. They come in a can and you eat them in elementary school on a cold day.

(I prefer alphaghetti anyway, zoodles were weirdly chewey)

Omg that sounds so good right now.

A 10 gallon Insta Pot with the optional storage lid has saved me countless hours.

Honestly as someone born and raised with Italians ( my grandfathers surname was Divincenzo) I prefer dry pasta, HOWEVER fresh made Gnocchi and Ravioli are the BOMB( serve with Braciole yummy!) !

1 Like

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS COW. you people must not harm innocent bread.

1 Like

These threads are so much better than the lame threads about the same one or two topics that the forum is full of.

I’d also suggest getting an Air Fryer.

1 Like

I don’t like bread thought unless its toasted. Bread is too soft.

Get you an artisan sourdough rye and you will get the mouthfeel you crave.

1 Like

So, a Stock Pot is just a very large volume cooking pot. Usually something you can dump an entire turkey in and fully immerse that in water. It’s for making… stocks.

Say you have Thanksgiving, and you’ve got the Turkey carcass left over. Don’t throw it away, you take that and you put it in a stock pot with veggies and water and boil it for several hours, then strain the liquid into another pot. You’ve now made a delicious stock that you can bag, freeze, and use for soups and gravies throughout the year.

You can do the same with beef ribs, leftover T-bones etc. etc.

1 Like

In your rice cooker, swap plain water for stock, bammo instant flavourtown

2 Likes

I’m not a bread person
It’s always to soft and doughy to me. I like a thin harder wrap

I already do. :slight_smile:

2 Cups of water Per cup of rice, water goes in a sauce pan with 2 bullion cubes ('cause I don’t always have stock), and a random chunk of butter sized anywhere from “a bunch” to “Paula Dean is saying Oh Lawd”.

Once the butter is melted and the bullion cubes are fully dissolved it goes in the rice cooker, add in the rice, mix up, close the lid and hit the button.

2 Likes

People who make absolutely plain rice a d then throw a greasy glob of butter into it are going to hell.

1 Like