Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

???

Bag the frozen meat, put it in room temp water in the sink, replace water once or twice…

Never heard of sous vide? lol sorry I know that is not what was being talked about but i could not help myself. I will see my way out.

1 Like

That’s the normal path we take lol

Slow cookers are the best things ever!

Try checking your local farmers market. I live out in the middle of nowhere and there are a lot of cattle ranches near me. Probably not true for everywhere else. Still shouldnt be very hard to find some cheap stuff pretty much anywhere though.

1 Like

In the end of August we will be buying our own cow for slaughter. The price of meat around here has gotten out of control. We will be saving a ton doing it this way. Even get my freezer I have been crying for lol.

I’ve got my eye on the Breville Pressure/Slow cooker. One and done.

It ain’t a good freezer if you cant hide a (half pig) body in it.

1 Like

Lol I am getting a 24.8 cubic feet chest freezer. that might not be a problem.

Thats gross. Why would i only want pig in my freezer anyway

I’m an aussie.
It’a hard to get a kangaroo to jump into one. :kangaroo: :plate_with_cutlery:

…no but really, there’s just nothing I’d cook which would require one.

Nothing requires it, true. It’s just much much much faster.

I wish I had my old crock pot. It was a good little workhorse. It disappeared after I moved back in with my brother, and his son moved out.

i don’t need to cook bacon and eggs faster :upside_down_face:
about the only other stuff i cook is stir-fry or oven bake.
or stuff like schnitzel or ham steak with steamed veg.
i have been considering a rice cooker though… but i don’t think i eat enough rice to justify buying one.

I prefer my Instant Pot now instead of my Slow Cooker Crockpot…you can cook a 4 lb roast and taters and carrots in less then 45 mins where as in crock pot it takes over 8+ hours to get it tender…Instant Pots are were it is now.

2 Likes

Slow cookers are great. I used 2 today for dinner. 1 made homemade refried beans (add chopped onions, dried beans, seasonings and water) and the other made taco meat.

With homemade Pico, my creamy jalapeno ranch and some homemade queso we made tacos, burritos, nachos and someone even made a Taco Bell style crunchwrap :smiley:

1 Like

Or be an insider in the industry and get middle meats for $5/lb. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Microwaves are top of the line what wow once was.

Seriously, that would make me miss one of my favorite parts of a crock pot. Throw it in in the morning and when you get home from work the house smells amazing !!!

3 Likes

when i first left home, my 2 kitchen gadgets were a vertical grill, and electric frypan.
i loved cooking chicken portions with roast veg in the electric frypan.
i don’t even know if those are a thing anymore :laughing: